Author Topic: R2-D2 (with Sensorscope)  (Read 8917 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
R2-D2 (with Sensorscope)
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: R2-D2 (with Sensorscope)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:17 PM »
I can't find my SagaII R2 that came with gear so I subbed in the Jawa Capture one from Legacy.  Same sculpt only with the restraining bolt.

That said, I loved Vintage Scope R2...I hate all of the modern versions.  You can only pose him stupidly off at angles to get the scope to pop up.  The scope itself is not at all accurate

With the announcement of a new ROTJ saber launch, I hope they come back and do a new Hoth R2 with scope.

Also...to my kid mind he used the same scope on Hoth and Dagobah even though they were quite different

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2010, 09:26 PM »
The vintage one was/is one of my favorites of that line.  It was the only R2 I had as a kid, and it was definitely one of my favorite figures.  I agree with Scott about the modern ones, they could be improved.  The vintage one is pretty spiffy though.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2010, 01:48 AM »
The vintage version was definitely my favorite R2.  I hope they can do a proper modern version.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2010, 03:26 AM »
Same thoughts...  I liked Sensorscope R2's for customs, and the scope was just a fun extra to the figure, so I liked it more than the plain ones.

While I'd love a new R2 with both scopes really, I'm unnerved by the "smaller" astromech size Hasbro's going with, and so I'm kind of feeling that the days of me wanting tons of astromechs may be waning unless they're using the old sculpt.

That really is an interesting topic I think...  Hasbro changing R2 is going to mix things up a bit on the display shelf, and I'm really not a big fan of it only because they waited so long to do this, and did all those repaints.  It's beating a dead horse to mention it I guess, and they're doing what they want, but I honestly am a little annoyed with their move on this smaller astromech 15 years into the line deal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2010, 10:38 AM »
I don't really like the turn the head and it pops up version.  I would just prefer one like the vintage.  Or have one where you can take it off and on. 

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 8, 2010, 01:43 PM »
We still need an actual sensorscope R2 in the modern line. All that we have gotten so far have been periscopes.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 07:03 PM »
I agree, perhaps a tinner and longer stick for a better likeness of the sensorscope.

As votc r2 is his current evolution, he has got better definition, a more shaped body and his third leg
what we must be respected always will be to keep his blue and gray parts always painted on the white torso.