Author Topic: Leia (Hoth Outfit)  (Read 14434 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Leia (Hoth Outfit)
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:59 AM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

2010 Vintage Collection

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:03 PM by Scott »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Leia (Hoth Outfit)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 02:03 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting this new Leia.  I have three different displays to put her in.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:57 PM »
I remember I made my sister buy this Leia back in the day but I still took her and played with her. 

This modern Leia is amazing and part of the reason I took a small break...I was waiting to get this.  Her face sculpt is absolutely amazing and spot on to Carrie Fisher!  They now have a base for Bespin Escape Leia as well which would be good to see down the road. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 02:52 AM »
I never owned vintage Leia till I was older and building a mint collection.  I really didn't like Leia as a kid I guess, in general, till Boussh Leia came along.

The Hasbro tip that kids don't like female figures maybe applied to me as a kid, I dunno.  I didn't care much for Scarlet or the Barroness either.

The modern Hoth Leia's have truly sucked too, till now.  There's really never been a quality figure.  The POTF2 sculpt was too tall, but not horrific looking.  But obviously it's a statue, and the shoes were sculpted oddly too.

I'm so pleased the Vintage Collection's giving us this new SA Hoth Leia now though.  Fantastic sculpt and likeness as Scott mentioned, great articulation.  She's pretty perfect.  Torryn Far looks kind of short ala Leia too, so there's another good base to re-use this figure IMO.  A new headsculpt and headset, and you're ready to roll.

It'll be a good thing to retire that POTF2 figure from the Hoth shelf though, lemme tell ya.  Figures like this are why most of my votes in the Defender Wishlists are resculpts.  I like new, but the old has a lot of work that needs redone first IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 08:31 AM »
All that Vintage Leia needs is the gaping mouth of a choir girl and she'd look exactly like the inflatable Leia I've got in the basement compared to the new figure.

I've probably said too much again.
Post sober.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:43 AM »
Wow! That brings a whole new perspective to the vintage Leia I had never thought of before  :o

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:28 AM »
 :o
 ;D
Hoth Leia was my favorite vintage figure of her.  I'll definitely buy the new one when I see it. 

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:17 AM »
I would definitely like to get this figure as well, since it's what she wears pretty much the entire movie other than the bespin gown outfit. One thing I'd like to share about this whole thread is it's neat to see the old original figures again. Looking back, I have fond memories of playing with all my star wars stuff and now I can enjoy my son playing with his versions.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Nice to see that not only the face sculpt but the badges and other officer´s distintives are improving in detail.

We note Leia gets more slim than before but both versions are great.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 08:54 AM »
This one is definately well done.

I need one more of these.  I lost mine to my 9 year old daughter over the weekend. 

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I always held off on getting the POTF version in hopes that they'd do a new version soon. That was years and years ago, but at long last they updated her, and I think it was well worth the wait. So much detail packed into such a tiny figure.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 01:05 PM »
I don't remember doing much with the 80's version other than her being around. Lost her gun early on.  Never got the POTF2 releases (was their one or two?).

Lack of ankles on the new one is disappointing, considering she did run around a bit in this outfit.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 2, 2010, 07:31 AM »
The new Leia looks sensational. At another site someone cleaned her up with Goof Off, which makes it even better.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: August 3, 2010, 03:51 AM »
Let me add too that I was disappointed Leia got such a healthy wash of paint too...  Why she'd be so dirty, I'll never know. 

It's funny she got the paint wash when so many other figures could've used it.  I keep hoping for a clean variant being found, but haven't heard anything about that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Perhaps from the reference of the cardfront photo, Hasbro could build a variant. Mechanic Leia with googles, the tools and without gloves.