Author Topic: Ventress' Fanblade Fighter?  (Read 8292 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Ventress' Fanblade Fighter?
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:59 PM »
The latest Clone Wars Season 3 teaser trailer  appears to show Assaj Ventress' Fanblade Fighter...

I wonder if Hasbro would consider this, if it gets much play at all in the cartoon?

This is a ship I was pondering tackling myself.  The design's pretty bitchin', and so I'd dig having one that opened up.  I can't imagine the "fan" part being particularly sturdy though, and I never really got far in any planning on one.  I was more just thinking about how it would work.

Cool to see this showing up though, and the show itself is the platform by which a lot of items have a shot at getting made I figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ventress' Fanblade Fighter?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Cool to see this showing up though, and the show itself is the platform by which a lot of items have a shot at getting made I figure.

I can't really make out that image for the most part, other than the Tri-Fighter.  I just hope they throw Jabba's Sail Barge in more at some point into the toon.  I remember it being in the "movie" and IIRC the creator (not GL) or one of them is a big vehicle fan so ya.  More Sail Barge please.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 01:20 AM »
I totally hope this is made. Hasbro has the ability to make it also because it appears in 2 sources - the current TCW cartoon and the original CW microseries, and there's also plenty of Asajj figures able to pilot it. Also, Asajj is such a strong character as to fan appeal, which would make this a good seller.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:17 AM »
Are there any better pictures of this thing? I have no recollection of it from the Tartakovsky series.

I'm game for any new ships, but I really wish they would re-release the Solar Sailor and Geonosian fighter for the TCW line.

Ventress is a complete anachronism at this point. With Dooku, Palps, and Anakin in the on-deck circle, there is no room for any more Sith. Rule of 2 and all that. Hope they give her a fitting exit this season.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Are there any better pictures of this thing? I have no recollection of it from the Tartakovsky series.

Here's a pic from the micro-series...

link (in case the picture doesn't work)

And from the comics...

link (in case the picture doesn't work)

With Dooku, Palps, and Anakin in the on-deck circle, there is no room for any more Sith. Rule of 2 and all that. Hope they give her a fitting exit this season.

I just figured Dooku saw the writing on the wall and guessed Palps was going to replace him with Anakin, so he started training Asajj as his back-up plan.  That way, once (if) he killed Palpatine, he could be the new Master and Asajj the new apprentice.

Makes sense that they would each be working on training a new apprentice in case the other tried to betray someone...   in other OT/EU stuff, Palpatine was training Mara Jade (and others) in case Vader flaked on him and Vader was recruiting Starkiller and/or Luke to be his apprentice.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:10 AM »
Awesome, totally remember that now, very cool.

Good points re: The Sith too. I just think it's getting crowded.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Ventress is a complete anachronism at this point. With Dooku, Palps, and Anakin in the on-deck circle, there is no room for any more Sith. Rule of 2 and all that. Hope they give her a fitting exit this season.

Well, she chooses to "disappear" from the entire war eventually, but that's not until "Star Wars: Obsession" issue #5:

This comic was actually (story-wise) supposed to take place before the entire TCW cartoon series, which means that Asajj shouldn't even be in the TCW series at all, because in this comic she plays dead for the remainder of the war after Dooku abandons her. But she's never actually killed off.

And also, she's not actually Dooku's apprentice, more instead his acolyte. He uses her to carry out all his dirty work - like Mara Jade carried out the Emperor's work. But he makes it clear in the original CW microseries that she's not actually a Sith, but she really wants to be one.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Perhaps instead of using Ventress, they should've just created another bald, white-skinned, evil female character. Assajj, Sly Moore and Aurra Sing just aren't enough.  :D 

Or how about an armored bounty hunter? Or a light saber wielding cyborg...or....

The acolyte thing is like what Roger Ebert said about that Memoirs of a Geisha movie "Here is a useful rule: Anyone who is 'not technically a prostitute' is a prostitute." She's a Sith in all but name only.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 11:30 PM »
The Fanblade Fighter is fairly prominent in the new Clone Wars season 3 trailer.  And Asajj appears to be playing a larger role in this upcoming season.  So it seems that the vehicle might have a fighting chance.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:31 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Apparently Hasbro's not planning/considering an Asajj fighter because of the unique design and the fact it's piloted by a female character.

Valid reasons that actually make sense, but a bummer, no doubt. :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 11:46 PM »
I was wondering how they'd actually do the "fanblade" bit anyway, but man it could've been cool. :)

I'm just not going to shelve the idea of making it myself I guess, but it's going to be one complex bit of machinery.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 12:18 AM »
I'm just not going to shelve the idea of making it myself I guess, but it's going to be one complex bit of machinery.

To take it to production level toy that could withstand the kind of rigeurs that a child's toy would cop would be interesting to see Hasbro overcome.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Yeah, I've thought about that with making my own...  How do you overcome the seemingly delicate nature of the "fan"?  That's a real problem.

It's not big...  It's actually quite diminutive as starfighters go.  I just need to figure out how to make the fan part work and what materials one could even use for that part.

It's like trying to make Dooku's Solar Sailer but with a rigid structure holding it open.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 11:04 PM »
It's like trying to make Dooku's Solar Sailer but with a rigid structure holding it open.

I would applaud Hasbro if they ever made Dooku's Solar Sailer.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 11:43 PM »

I would applaud Hasbro if they ever made Dooku's Solar Sailer.

Co-sign.

The Sailer and the Geonosian fighter have been at the top of my list forever to be done in the animated style TCW line. Probably long shots, but then again they can only make so many starfighter repaints. (I think)