Author Topic: Comic Book Thread  (Read 31590 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Comic Book Thread
« Reply #435 on: May 10, 2015, 12:19 AM »
Had time to like Friday and walked into a local comic shop...walked out with Secret Wars...interesting

Interesting that they are more or less doing a Secret Wars/Crisis mashup.   I haven't read any comics in years but I'm intereSted in where this is going

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Begin each day like it was on purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 11, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Had time to like Friday and walked into a local comic shop...walked out with Secret Wars...interesting

Interesting that they are more or less doing a Secret Wars/Crisis mashup.   I haven't read any comics in years but I'm intereSted in where this is going

Funny, I had the opposite opinion.  I've been collecting Marvel FOREVER and the whole crisis/reboot thing may be my jumping off point.  It's become very clear to me over the years that comics like The Avengers have been little more than a marketing tool for the movies.  You need 12-24 issues to get through one story, often with gaping plot holes, missing information, and fairly poor storytelling.  They have all but wiped out the multiverse at this point and are now setting up battle world territories across the merged remaining universes, so Marvel Zombies have a plot of land, all the female characters have a plot of land, all the Thors have come together to police everything...pretty ridiculous stuff.  I might jump off following Secret Wars, then see what evolves over the next year. 
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. "

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #437 on: May 11, 2015, 01:52 PM »
I plan to pick up the main Secret Wars series just to get an understanding of what happens to get everything to the unified Marvel Universe.  Seems like the Battleworld stuff will be kind of a mess in the transition.  And maybe they're having a little too much fun with it.  But hopefully it'll be decent once we get out the other end.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj