Author Topic: Captain America (Movie & Sequels)  (Read 67422 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America (Movie & Sequels)
« Reply #180 on: March 6, 2014, 08:33 PM »
A fairly lengthy clip has been posted on YouTube.  And it turns out that another character from the Captain America comics has made his way into the new movie.  MMA and UFC fans will instantly know Georges St-Pierre, but may not be completely familiar with the character he's playing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #181 on: March 7, 2014, 09:23 AM »
As stoked as I was for the first one, this one looks even better, one of the first comics I ever bought was Captain America #303

While I don't think of Batroc as one of the bigger Cap enemies, he's in the lore.  I just want to know where Red Skull is going to pop up again

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 7, 2014, 09:31 AM »
I just want to know where Red Skull is going to pop up again

I saw a rumor floating around that pertains to the Red Skull.  I personally think that it may have just been fanboy theorizing, but one such theory put forth that Robert Redford's character, Alexander Pearce, is actually the Red Skull in disguise.  However I think the theory is flawed since it seemed to be linked to the inclusion of the Red Skull in the action figure line.

Feedback

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 7, 2014, 10:22 AM »
That clip is great.  Is it weird that I want Black Widow to kick my ass?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 7, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Is it weird that I want Black Widow to kick my ass?

Not at all.  I've had that thought several times myself...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2014, 09:26 AM »
That clip is great.  Is it weird that I want Black Widow to kick my ass?

It would be kind of weird if you didn't.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2014, 09:28 AM »
The straight hair is awesome.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2014, 10:27 AM »
As stoked as I was for the first one, this one looks even better, one of the first comics I ever bought was Captain America #303

While I don't think of Batroc as one of the bigger Cap enemies, he's in the lore.  I just want to know where Red Skull is going to pop up again

Wow.  That cover totally looks like some of John Byrne's work.  That really brings me back!  Then again, so does the partnership between Cap and Falcon, since the first Captain America comic book I ever got had him and Falcon partnered up and working for SHIELD.

The clip is pretty awesome.  It's cool to see how the movies continue to build up SHIELD.  The clips seem to make it seem like it's become a legit government agency.  And the inclusion of some familiar faces like Agent Sitwell who was also in Thor and Avengers provides a nice sense of continuity.  The lead agent from the Quinjet is evidently the guy who goes on to become Crossbones.

Other things?  Who's under the sheet is clearly a big question.  And the different shield that cap is carrying seems to be a point of curiosity.  I continue to think that this new shield is going to have something to do with the building materials for Ultron, especially since the word is that this is the film that leads directly to the events of Avengers - Age of Ultron.

Oh, and ScarJo?!?!  DAMN!  Just to be the guy she takes out with the Widow sting would be phenomenal.

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #188 on: April 4, 2014, 09:53 AM »
Saw Cap 2 last night. Far and away the best Marvel/Avengers movie. Tied, if not slightly ahead of TDK for my favorite comic movie. The action is practically nonstop, the fighting (choreography/style) is so well done it will be tough to improve upon. And if you like military firepower (weapons/explosions/tactics) this is as good as any spy thriller/espionage out there. The 3D was well utilized and didn't feel forced - I'll see it a couple more times in theaters for sure.

The post credit scenes were great, too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 4, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Saw Cap 2 last night. Far and away the best Marvel/Avengers movie. Tied, if not slightly ahead of TDK for my favorite comic movie. The action is practically nonstop, the fighting (choreography/style) is so well done it will be tough to improve upon. And if you like military firepower (weapons/explosions/tactics) this is as good as any spy thriller/espionage out there. The 3D was well utilized and didn't feel forced - I'll see it a couple more times in theaters for sure.

The post credit scenes were great, too.

I didn't see it in 3D - but I agree with everything that Jayson said - definitely the best Marvel/Avengers movie they've done. The way they handled Falcon was fantastic - I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of him in future Marvel movies.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 4, 2014, 08:45 PM »
Saw Cap 2 this morning. It's too early for me to place it among the rest of the MCU but it will definitely be up there. It was just as exciting as the first Cap and Iron Man movies, but I don't know if I would say it was better than The Avengers. Much better than Iron Man 2, 3 and both Thor movies though, IMO.

LOVED the cameos and all of the obscure references to other characters who are probably going to be getting their own movies soon. I even knew about the swerves thanks to some articles about the merchandise spoiling them, but they still hooked me enough that I was shocked. And I suddenly feel like watching Revenge to see more of Emily VanCamp.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 4, 2014, 09:24 PM »
Nice...I'm headed to the late 3D show in about 30 minutes. Good to hear it does not disappoint.

Curious if there will be tie-ins with the current SHIELD series as well, or hows those timelines overlap.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #192 on: April 4, 2014, 10:37 PM »
this past Tues. episode tied right into Cap 2
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #193 on: April 5, 2014, 07:38 PM »
I saw it yesterday in IMAX 3D.  Awesome movie!  The end credits scenes were excellent as well!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 5, 2014, 08:37 PM »
I thought it was very enjoyable, plenty of action and lots of good SHIELD scoop. Some of the finer details in the plot seemed a little confusing, but that would probably clear up with subsequent viewings.

What was the signifigance of the cute girl next door that never really developed into anything? Is she a relevant character from the comics? Or some superhero-in-waiting?

Other thing I kept wondering was, with all this major SHIELD stuff going down, shouldn't Hawkeye have made an appearance at some point? Or at least been mentioned in passing? He seems like more of a company guy than Thor, Hulk, or Iron Man.

Very curious to see how they address this on the show. They pretty much wrecked the Triskellion...and what about that squirrely dude in the glasses? He has been a recurring guest on the show a few times. I guess he is Hydra, but not the Clairvoyant? But the woman who I guess IS the Clairvoyant, is she Hydra too? Ugh, too confusing!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy