Community > Joe Defender

The Comics

(1/9) > >>

Ben:
So, is anyone picking up GI Joe #156 today? I've been out of IDW's current comics, but I have been obsessively reading the Marvel reprints, so I'm really looking forward to this.

efranks:
Thanks for the heads up, I forgot this was coming out today.  I may have to swing by the LCS and grab one.

I haven't been reading the Joe comics regularly, but I've slowly been filling in my Image/DDP run as well as the early IDW stuff.  Once I finish catching up, I'll be reading through the series.

E...

Brian:

--- Quote from: inadvertent imitation on July 21, 2010, 04:31 AM ---So, is anyone picking up GI Joe #156 today? I've been out of IDW's current comics, but I have been obsessively reading the Marvel reprints, so I'm really looking forward to this.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, this is where I'm jumping back into Joe comics to give them a try again.  I've read them off and on over the past couple years, but just couldn't get too into them - at least enough to spend $3.99 an issue on - but, like you Ben, I've been picking up the trades of the old Marvel stuff and reading through those, so I'm looking forward to this new series as well.

Ben:
Picked up ish #156 yesterday and read it at lunch. It's a really good start-off point for a new series, which I guess this is, more or less. Lots of people die, which I figure would have happened a lot more often in the Marvel series if they were able to throw the Parental Advisory warning on the cover like this book.

I'd recommend picking it up. I think it has lots of potential.

Ben:
Issue #157, out this last Wednesday:

I won't get to the comic shop til Saturday morning, but I'm liking the series so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version