Community > Joe Defender

The Comics

<< < (9/9)

P-Siddy:
I found out that A Real American Hero's Yearbook/Annual got delayed. I thought it was supposed to be released this week, but I don't see it on any lists. Anyone know of the new release date?

Brian:
Is anyone reading the current GI Joe books and can give me some advice?  What's the best reading out there these days?  I've picked up the first issues of the new series (just titled GI Joe), and it has been alright so far.  I know the Real American Hero stuff is still continuing as well, but I'd be a bit behind on that to catch up.  There's also some other offshoot titles I believe (Special Missions, Cobra Files, etc).  Anyways, I'm mostly a fan of the classic Joes, which seem to be represented in both - and Snake Eyes in particular (who surprisingly, I don't see anywhere in recent solicits).  Just wondering if anyone had any advice on what's the best read out there these days.  Am I best off catching up on the RAH trades and then continuing on with the newer stuff, or starting fresh with the new series?

Ben:
I'd stick with Larry Hama's book. The IDW series seems to keep rebooting every two years, and it's kind of lame. Fred Van Lente's regular series is entertaining so far, though there's only two issues out. Chuck Dixon's Special Missions is so far meh, but it does continue his series/continuity. I haven't read Cobra Files yet, but if it's like the Cobra series at all, I'll probably enjoy it, but it is a little dark at times.

Hama's book is IMHO the best, with recent issues featuring the Red Shadows, which is pretty neat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version