Author Topic: Captain America: Winter Soldier: The Toys!  (Read 86777 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger: The Toys!
« Reply #105 on: July 7, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Captain America is moving way better than GL and Thor here as well, Brian.  GL did move at Target when it first hit, but I think that was collectors getting their early fill.  The movie definitley didn't help any.

I spotted a wave 2 Movie CA at K-Mart the other night but I think that's the first I've seen of W2 locally.  As I mentioned earlier, I saw some leftovers at a TRU a couple weeks ago and then spotted one of the deluxe Hydra soldiers at a store on my trip back from Pittsburgh two weeks ago (don't recall the store).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 8, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Finally saw the Red Skull today at a couple of stores.  He looks okay.  Not sure that I'll be picking up anything from this line yet, but there is a temptation to pick up SOME movie figures just to put an Avengers team together since I already took the plunge on the Iron Man line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2011, 12:51 AM »
Local Target stocked new CA figs yesterday.  Saw Red Skull, US Agent and Captain Britian along with the deluxe Hydra soldier.

Passed.  I don't think I'm going to be buying anything from this line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2011, 01:06 PM »
I picked up the Target exclusive "Fire and Ice" 2-pack yesterday.  The Cap isn't that great, but I'm diggin' the Red Skull.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2011, 02:44 AM »
I've not seen the "movie Cap" I'm looking for, but I keep checking.  Lots of that douche with the long hair though, and I'm seeing a big "German" looking guy.  Like some kind of soldier.  Looks cool as hell.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39 PM »
I picked up a pair of Hydra Soldiers from the movie. Now that I have movie Cap, movie Red Skull and a pair of Hydra troopers, unless they really come out with a super-cool figure based on the movie, I'm done with this line.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2011, 08:31 PM »
any of these do it for you?

update:  I guess these are 6 inch figures   :-[
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:00 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I will get that Loki for sure.  I'm good on everything else.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2011, 08:14 AM »
any of these do it for you?

I do want to try to eventually get a Thor and Loki in 3.75" scale with their helms - I really don't want the versions that are currently clogging the shelves.

For the IM2 and CA lines, I'm sticking to just non-gimmick figures from the movies.

So for IM2 I have the Mark I - Mark VI, a squad of Air Force Drones, a squad of Ground Assault Drones, the two Drones that came in the pack with Nick Fury at TRU, Nick Fury and Whiplash. I never got the Target set with the Whiplash repaint and the Sea Assault Drone. And I'd love to get the "Concept" Hammer Drone since that looks the most like the armor that Whiplash wore at the end of the movie - but if they ever made a 3.75" version of that I'd definitely want it.

For Thor - I loved the movie, but I really only want Thor, Odin and Loki with their helms (as opposed to the versions that first came out), the Warriors Three, Sif, Destroyer and a couple of Frost Giants. But the only figures that seem to be around in my neck of the woods are the Thor, Loki and Odin figures from the first wave. Excellent planning on Hasbro's part!  :P

For Captain America - like I said - I'm good with just the Movie version of Cap, Red Skull and a pair of Hydra soldiers. If they come out with a single carded Hydra soldier or a movie version of Bucky, then I might consider those.

The biggest problem I have with these lines is that Hasbro ALWAYS goes all Batman with the main character. There are only so many Iron Man, Thor and Captain America versions that you need or would ever want.

I will NEVER understand the "Comic Series" sub-lines in these movie lines. Isn't that what your "Marvel Universe" line is for? Figures based on their appearances in the Comics? That's where a lot of these figures truly belong. How about trying to plan on some form of synergy between your toy lines? At the same time you're putting out movie versions of the characters of Thor, why not have a Marvel Universe wave that includes a few non-movie Thor characters from the comics?

I want to walk into their offices in Rhode Island, dump truck load of IM2 Iron Man figures on whatever moron's desk has been planning these lines and beat the snot out of him, all the while asking him why they didn't learn ANY lessons from the failure of the IM2 line.

Just once, I'd like them to put out a good solid mix of characters from the movie in the first wave, thus at least getting some variation out onto the pegs. There is no reason why Destroyer and Sif - both of whom were in many of the trailers - couldn't have at least both been in the first wave of Thor figures. If you're going to have the Frost Giant deluxe having the exact same figure for a few bucks cheaper makes no sense, so the single carded Front Giant should have at least been dropped in favor of Destroyer...

Sorry for getting off-topic re: the Captain America line...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I don't' disagree about the separation of the movie line and the Marvel Universe line when it comes to the comic versions of the character.  I don't see what the point was with the first wave of Captain America figures being all comic based rather than get the movie version of him out there.

However, the downside to separating them became apparent with Iron Man.  The IM2 line was and is still clogging the pegs and I have been to a couple of stores that have not advanced their Marvel Universe stock because the pegs are clogged with 3 or 4 versions of IM from that line!  The ridiculous amount of IM figures released last year by Hasbro really boggles my mind.

Captain America, Winter Soldier and Captain Britain have all been in the MU line (was US Agent released there as well?) in their comic incarnations so why potentially bog down the CA movie line by releasing new versions of them?

I agree with you on the ass whooping that's needed in Rhode Island...and it's not just the Marvel team...or movie team, it's pretty much the whole company.

E...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2011, 03:15 PM »
ARe those 6" Figs wide release or Exclusive?

And to echo what efranks said...what if the 1st wave of Cap figures had bombed like Thor ultimately has and they clogged the pegs sooo bad that Wave 2 didn't have a chance of coming out?  That would have meant NO movie figs...they got lucky on that one

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2011, 08:20 PM »
I finally took the plunge on some Cap figures today.  I'm sticking to the movie figures only, and got the Super Combat Cap, Red Skull and the Deluxe Hydra soldier.  In an ideal world I would LOVE to get a Dum-Dum Dugan figure, but seeing how the Thor figure line has had so many troubles, I don't really expect to see a figure of Dum-Dum any time soon.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Saw some exclusive Comic Packs at Target today: Normal Cap/Winter Soldier and Another Cap/Someone Else. Everything looked like repacks from the comic line. Also saw a "Concept" 2 pack with a new Cap and repainted Red Skull. Passed on everything. Didn't know Target was getting a bunch of exclusive stuff.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2011, 12:35 PM »
I picked up a couple of single carded Hydra soldiers from a grocery store for my Marvel Universe stuff. One is in darker movie colors and the other is brighter green and yellow. I'd prefer if they looked the same, but I'll take what I can get.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2011, 05:01 PM »
I saw the same thing today.  I got the more muted, movie version.  The brighter green & yellow is definitely a nice homage to HYDRA in the comics though.  But Jungle Mission Cap?  Please Hasbro, don't make the same mistakes with this line that were made with the Iron Man and Thor lines.

Feedback