Author Topic: Captain America: Winter Soldier: The Toys!  (Read 86773 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger: The Toys!
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2011, 10:08 PM »
I saw the same thing today.  I got the more muted, movie version.  The brighter green & yellow is definitely a nice homage to HYDRA in the comics though.  But Jungle Mission Cap?  Please Hasbro, don't make the same mistakes with this line that were made with the Iron Man and Thor lines.

I don't understand whoever is in charge of product design at Hasbro.  When you were a kid, did you play with 5 Han Solo's at one time?  I had one Luke and one Han for a long time, and Tatooine Luke flew the X-Wing just fine.  Kids want multiple characters to recreate the story, not fifteen versions of the same character to choose from.  Iron Man at least made some sense with all the different versions of armor he has with different specialties, but they prioritized that over any (ANY!) bad guys.  Hey Hasbro, include the rest of the core characters and watch your movie lines actually sell!   Is there anyone out there who would really prefer 5 variations of Thor to a Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three?  And I do not agree with anyone who says they need to save slots for more in demand figures to launch future waves.  If you can sell through your core Captain America and Thor figures, THEN it is time to launch a Cap with winter coat or a battle-damaged Thor.  I just don't get why they shoot themselves in the foot right out of the gate.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 1, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I honestly think they're following the model that lines like Power Rangers established.  What else could their reasoning be?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 1, 2011, 03:04 PM »
I don't know; when I was a kid I was stoked to get Han and Luke variations. I have a seven year old who can't get enough versions of Batman. The weirder the better as far as he's concerned.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 6, 2011, 12:09 AM »
Our TRU's had Cap stuff on sale for $6.97 today, so I snagged my second figure of the line today - Crossbones.  Our distribution has been pretty lousy and most stores seem to have passed entirely, but I was able to find a Red Skull and now Crossbones, so my luck has been pretty good.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 6, 2011, 05:46 PM »
Has anyone seen the regular Hydra Soldier? I've seen him pictured on the back of the new Cap repaints, I'm guessing I just missed him. I have seen the white-glove version of Red Skull, I'm happy with the first version, so I passed on him.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: August 6, 2011, 07:09 PM »
I've seen both the comic and movie versions

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2011, 01:31 AM »
I've seen the movie Hydra soldier only once, at Target about 2-3 weeks ago.  They had three of them - bought two.  One's right knee was already broken in the package.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2011, 09:58 PM »
I picked up a new Hydra soldier today, but the card says "Marvel's Hydra Armored Soldier."  He's got red stripes that go all the way down the front of his pants and a different head from the other Hydra soldier, but that's about it.  Anyone else seeing these?  I'm mostly just army building the Hydra guys for my Marvel Universe stuff so I'm not following the Captain America line all that closely, but it seems kind of weird to me the way they're doing the bad guys.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2011, 11:21 AM »
They released a comic version in a brighter green and yellow and a movie version in a darker green and red

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2011, 02:17 PM »
They did the same thing with the Red Skull, too.  There's a brighter colored versionof him  that's similar to the bright colored Hydra Trooper as well.

Feedback

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 4, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Oh, I knew about the comics colors; this is a different figure.  It's no big deal, it just surprised me at the store.  The body is identical, except for the red stripes going down the front of the legs.  The head is a different sculpt with a bulkier helmet.  I looked into it a little more, and the one with the smaller helmet is the "Attack Trooper" and the bulkier one is the "Armored Soldier" or something like that.  Here's the difference:

Apparently just me making much ado about nothing, as usual.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 4, 2011, 06:41 PM »
No, that's not it.  The comic one I've seen is a brighter green with yellow stripes.

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 4, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Oh, I knew about the comics colors; this is a different figure.  It's no big deal, it just surprised me at the store.  The body is identical, except for the red stripes going down the front of the legs.  The head is a different sculpt with a bulkier helmet.  I looked into it a little more, and the one with the smaller helmet is the "Attack Trooper" and the bulkier one is the "Armored Soldier" or something like that.  Here's the difference:

Apparently just me making much ado about nothing, as usual.

Yeah - I've noticed that as well, seen about 4-5 of each I'd say total. 

I haven't seen the comic version though with the brighter colors.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 5, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Here's a pic I snapped of the comic variant when I saw it in July. Also pictured: the Red Skull variant. Haven't seen either since then.

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #134 on: October 5, 2011, 06:22 PM »
I cant find that Hydra variant. Doesnt seem like the stores are restocking on Cap or Thor sadly. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"