Author Topic: Thor (Movie & Sequels)  (Read 50601 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Thor (Movie & Sequels)
« Reply #165 on: November 9, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Saw it Friday.  Two thumbs up.  It was awesome.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #166 on: November 10, 2013, 09:06 PM »
We went today...I'll give it a solid 7 out of 10.  I heard going into it that the humor was what carried this one and I just didn't see it or think anything was that funny.  The effects were awesome, loved the design of the Dark Elves.   I have never been a huge fan of Thor, nothing against the guy or the character.  The extended trailer to Cap was probably my favorite part of the day

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Just got out if the theater, enjoyed it more than the first one. The mid credits scene has me completely pumped. Completely sick and awesome what they are leading up to!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2013, 07:47 AM »
I caught the movie last night.

The extended Cap trailer was indeed VERY cool to check out.  I was actually very surprised to see just how much of that elevator fight scene was included.  And it really illustrated that Cap is more than just some guy who's in amazing physical condition.  It was nice to see some of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, too.  But I'm left wondering about Crossbones, who is also supposed to be in the movie.

As for Thor - The Dark World?  Very cool, but clearly significantly different in tone from the first film.  I attribute that a lot to the change in directors.  With Kenneth Branagh directing the first film, there was an element of Shakespearean tragedy to that film.  Evidently, Branagh had been briefly signed on to direct the sequel but left several months into the development of the second film.  I'm glad for the change because I think director Alan Taylor really managed to capture the dark tone incredibly well.  And from a character standpoint he was able to build on the characters of the first film by giving them all more of a brooding depth that had been lacking from the first movie.

Visually, I thought the movie was stunning.  The Dark World of Svartalfheim really lived up to the billing.  I think that Iceland was the perfect location to capture that stark reality, and it showed how a real location can help so much in setting a scene.  Taylor also managed to expand on Asgard from a visual standpoint without getting too showy.

From a story standpoint?  I think that Taylor managed to establish a very real sense of danger and jeopardy with this story.  And doing that draws the viewer in and makes them care about the characters.  I got that with this film.

The mid-credits scene was great!  The Infinity Stones are going to be a cool story arc that I think Marvel Studios is going to take their time to develop.  And Benecio del Toro as The Collector?  I never saw that coming!!!

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2013, 08:01 AM »
Crossbones was one of the guys in the elevator (the last one Cap beat).  I don't know if he'll don the mask though.

As for Thor, loved it.  As usual, Loki stole the show.  Loved the Asgard scenes.  I wish we could have seen more of the worlds and different aliens while the portal jumping was going on at the end.

And I hope Jaime Alexander becomes Wonder Woman, if only to see her wearing less than what she wore to the premier of Thor:TDW.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2013, 12:59 PM »
We went this past weekend as well, and I really enjoyed it as well.  Although I'm sure that many general audience members were thoroughly confused by the post credits sequence, I personally can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy next year.  Honestly, I didn't know all that much about the comic/team/etc. until the past couple years, then I started reading and got hooked.  I'm really anticipating all of the Marvel movies next year with Cap, Spidey, X-Men and Guardians all hitting...should be a good year.

The Cap footage, wow I can't wait for that movie.  I keep watching the trailer over and over lately as well, just really looking forward to it.  Overall though for Thor: The Dark World, good stuff.  Honestly, although some are weaker than others, I can't say I've disliked any of the Marvel Studios movies since all of this started with the original Iron Man.  They aren't all perfect, but all very watchable I think.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Saw the 3D showing last night on a whim and was not at all disappointed. I enjoyed it, except for the little swerve at the end, which I guess I should have expected.

If they do end up doing a third movie they have to bring in Hela. Hopefully the writers are aware he fought other foes besides Loki.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2014, 04:41 PM »
so what ACTRESS would you like to see replace the male Thor, not like it'll happen in movie form just outta curiosity to see peoples opinion.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2014, 08:45 PM »
I wonder how Gina Carano would look as a blonde.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2014, 10:57 AM »
I wonder how Gina Carano would look as a blonde.

She will make a kick-ass Avengelyne I know that.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Katee Sackoff
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2014, 07:57 PM »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Gina Carano has no bad side, brunette, blonde or other as far as I'm concerned.

But, her or Katee would be good in either role (Thor or Captain Marvel).  So why choose, let's have both!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2014, 03:40 PM »
They could mud wrestle for the part.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2015, 09:31 AM »
Details are starting to emerge about Thor - Ragnarok.  Among them?  There's a director.  And the Hulk is going to play into the story, too.

The director will be Taika Waititi, a New Zealander who you may have seen in Green Lantern as Hal Jordan's nerdy friend.  The movie is set to hit theaters on Nov. 3, 2017.  And word has it that Mark Ruffalo will be reprising his role as Bruce Banner / The Hulk for this film.  Tom Hiddleston is also confirmed to be returning as Loki.  And this movie will be linked to the visions that Thor had in the cave during Avengers - Age of Ultron.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback