Author Topic: Imperial Commander  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Imperial Commander
« on: July 25, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern

2008 Shield Generator Assault Battle Pack (Lt. Renz)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Imperial Commander
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:28 PM »
Definitely one of the weirdest "errors" of the vintage line.  They show Veers on the package but the uni isn't even close on color and is a better representation of the ANH or ROTJ officers as most of the ESB ones (including Veers) wear the grey tunics.

The modern Officer still has not been released on a card but this battle pack version fits the bill for the "modern update" as it is almost identical.   I would like to see a wide scale release in the line of a ANH officer (Praji , Childsen etc)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Still needs an update.  Swivel elbows are unacceptable.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Yeah, if he had been in the new TVC lin-up, as opposed to 4-Lom, I might have boight 2 or 3.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 02:43 AM »
The Vintage Officer was one of my all-time favorites as a kid, and then as an adult when I got back into Star Wars collecting around 1989 or 1990-ish.   I had a nice little army of these guys, and some of my first customs of SW figures utilized him.  He was perfect for that stuff.  I made a Tarkin, and combined his extra head I had then with an AT-ST Pilot to make Technicians...  Some simple repainting to make the other officer types...  Lots of fun!

My first officer I got as a kid went from SW figure to Cobra Legion Gopher...  He'd pull double duty as some kind of scientist for them too, that Joes had to assassinate because he was cooking up some funky bio weapon (usually the slimey snotty stuff from the bubblegum machine, or whatever). 

Hasbro, to me, hasn't ever really done the figure justice...  Hasbro claimed the POTJ "Imperial Officer" as this figure, but they're actually seen on the bridges of Destroyers, wearing DST Helmets on Endor, and working a gunnery station in A New Hope's opening scenes... 

Lt. Renz is an ok army builder for maybe $5 or less, but he just doesn't hold up as an $8 figure, not by a longshot.  So I'm hopeful they get off their duffs and whip up a nicely articulated, black tuniced with jagdpur pants, and either generic ranked or specifically ranked character (one of the ANH officers would be who I'd like, but a nice generic "3 red and 3 blue" bars rank would suffice too).  Removable hat, a big plus to me. :)  This guy needs his due.

They're seen on Endor running around a bit as well...  Very non-descript guys in ROTJ though, such as the Renz figure Scott used, which leads me more to wanting an ANH officer as well I think.  I like the guy at the opening of ANH who actually talks back to Vader a little (I can never remember the names of the ANH guys though).  The guy has balls, and deserves a figure.  Vader almost seemed to like him because he didn't act like a *****. :)  He wouldn't be a generic rank, but he's generic enough IMO that I'd buy several dozen.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:11 PM »
I like the guy at the opening of ANH who actually talks back to Vader a little (I can never remember the names of the ANH guys though).  The guy has balls, and deserves a figure.  Vader almost seemed to like him because he didn't act like a *****. :)
I'd like to see Daine Jir get made too.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2014, 06:26 PM by SnTrooper »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Though I only had two as a kid, I always viewed the vintage one as an army builder.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:15 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 01:20 PM »
I like that were two variants, the thinner head and thicker head, so you use both without some "clone/twin" effect.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 09:33 PM »
the sculpt has evolved in a smallsize of head and more definition of the torso, the waist is marked, also the legs are less straight; but tac version has black cylinders in jacket, they must be silver.