Author Topic: Blue Snaggletooth  (Read 14866 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Blue Snaggletooth
« on: April 30, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Source Images:

Data

Vintage

Modern
Original Trilogy Collection K-Mart Exclusive Cantina Set Zutton

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Blue Snaggletooth
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:35 PM »
I don't think I actually knew anyone who actually had a Blue Snags...but strangely I think I knew it did exist.  Blue Snags was also the last vintage figure I bought and the most expensive one to boot.

Not at all enthralled with either Modern Snaggleteeth I guess...this Kitbash is OK for what it is.  I am also not clamoring for a new one unless one came in an all new Cantina Monster box set or something

Offline Darthfloyd

• Youngling
  • Customizing Fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:45 PM »
Is it just me, or would you guys rather buy a hasbro rehash of the vintage blue snaggs than get the modern released one?  I just never cared for the modern mold (or the alien in general), but I love the vintage blue snaggs.  Never had him, never really wanted him, but he is cool, I must admit.

Funny enough, growing up and even til about 12 years ago, I thought he was actually a blue suited Sai'torr or Hrchek Kal Fas, not the Zutton alien. 

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2010, 02:16 AM »
modern zutton in blue could have had black trim on his shirt to make the update.
vintage blue snaggletooth has better distribution. (proportion)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 1, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Never had one as a kid, but a friend of mine did. I was very jealous. Traded for the one I got and I've very happy with it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Never had one either, never will, either. I'm a single figure collector, collecting figures that were released on card. Luckily, the Blue Snags wasn't one of them. Saves me a lot of money!  ;D

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2010, 07:23 PM »
I finally bought mine last September... it was also the last vintage figure for me.  I took a chance on an auction with bad photos and ended up getting him for a bargain though... $35 less than I spent on Yak Face.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2010, 09:21 PM »
Count me in the camp that had one...thanks to my parents getting my brother and I the Sears set for christmas. I believe he is still in my basement packed away with the few cherished childhood playthings I've kept too...but he looks nowhere near as good as the pics posted here so far, the silver boots are almost rubbed off.

I didn't pick up the KMart set for the modern version as it didn't wow me and I had already kitbashed a Blue Snag out of a POTF2 Takeel head (with hair painted black) on a POTF2 Garindan body painted the appropriate blue and silver. That could stand an update to the SAGA2 version, and I'd prefer to do that over tracking down the "official" release.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: May 3, 2010, 03:49 PM »
ALso count me in the camp that had a Blue Snaggletooth...  Mine was a hand-me-down from my oldest brother, and was one that I really enjoyed.  I liked red snags as well.  The cat-like look to them always made them cooler to me for some reason.

I'm totally unimpressed with the modern Snaggletooth...  It's one I'd really like to see Hasbro do some justice to, but I'm not counting on it either.  I've always had the intention to whip one up using a mix of vintage and modern parts to make an articulated figure that really more accurately represents the character's vintage touches like his special boots and the fairly plain head (I like the vintage headsculpt on the Snaggletooth figures for some reason, even as a modern figure).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2010, 12:47 PM »
I don't have a vintage or modern Blue Snaggletooth, although I'd like to get both eventually.  For some reason, if they were going to re-do a modern Snaggletooth, I'd almost rather they did this blue one.  I know it isn't the "real" one, but I just sort of like the look a little more.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 5, 2010, 12:51 AM »
I have a vintage one but it's not in good shape at all.  However, I wanted to complete the vintage collection so I "snagged" him (ha-ha get it - snagged?!).  Anyway, I would not mind a new modern one but certainly not clamoring for it. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: May 6, 2010, 12:05 PM »
Vintage wins out for me. I think it looks much better than the modern one but i am happy they did make a new version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline zombieted

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 11:24 AM »
If the vintage line continues, it might be fun if they did a Blue/Red collector's pack similar to the 4-LOM/Zuckuss pack.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 01:25 PM »
I had one, before I knew of it's rarity, played the heck out of it. Rubbed paint and loose joints. My cousin had one in great condition, and my brother and I debated stealing it  >:D, but we didn't. Thankfully, or not...not sure now.  :P

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 10:34 PM »
I love the POTJ Zutton figure, but his head just doesn't look right on the modern blue version to me, I don't know why. If Hasbro ever decides to take another crack at ol Blooey, I'd like to see an all new headsculpt, perhaps closer to the vintage figure than Zutton himself. Somthing to set him apart from his shorter, redder counterpart. Something that says I'm blue Snaggs, I'm my own man, and not just Zuttons head stuck on a taller body painted blue.