Author Topic: Iron Man 3 Toys  (Read 18276 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 3 Toys
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 12:56 PM »
I agree as well. Would it have killed them to release a small set of collector-oriented figures that were in keeping with the Iron Man 2 toy line? I would have GLADLY picked up the Iron Man 3 version of Iron Man, Iron Patriot (repaint of War Machine), a Mandarin (played by Ghandi) and any other nicely articulated/sculpted figure put out for this line.

I keep seeing the "Assemblers" Iron Man Mark 42 and Iron Patriot in stores and I just can't justify paying $10 each for two 5POA figures with spare arms - I just can't.

Why can't they just make the line limited? Why do they thing that the skittles Iron Man figures are going to sell? From what I can tell, these things aren't moving at all, maybe things will pick up when the movie hits in two weeks, but for right now, this is yet another DOA movie-based action figure line.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Since Marvel Select has opted to not do a Mandarin, I am hoping that Hasbro gives a movie version even if it is a Walmart exclusive like the rest of the 6 inch movie figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 09:57 AM »
I bought the Assembler series Iron Man Mk 42 and Iron Patriot a few weeks back.  Target was running a sale, and they were $7 each.  At that price I could justify the purchase.  But the other armors in that series?  Eh.  And the very basic carded figures?  OMG.  I wouldn't touch those things with a 10 foot pole!

I understand that the mantra from Hasbro corporate has been "CUT COSTS, CUT COSTS, CUT COSTS".  But the Hasbro execs also need to take a long, hard look at HOW they offered that Iron Man 2 toy line, and the miscalculations that came along with that strategy.  Because this approach to Iron Man 3 looks like an overreaction to the Iron Man 2 line, and not an adjustment.  If Hasbro approached Iron Man 3 conservatively, the way they did with the Avengers line, I think they could be pretty successful.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 10:42 AM »
Yeah, I was skeptical of the Avengers line at the beginning but they shipped just enough figures, and as a result we got more and more shipments. I saw EVERY FIGURE from that line on the pegs, and multiples too. I don't think I can say that for any other Hasbro Marvel line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I got a shipping notice for the second wave of Iron Man Legends from BBTS, which includes the Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and Ultron.  Sounds like they are starting to hit retail now as well.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 03:27 PM »
Assemblers are already marked down to $7.88 at Wal-Mart. They must be selling really well!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 9, 2013, 12:43 PM »
It looks like a new wave of IM3 Assemblers is making the rounds.  And some of the armors look like those from the end sequence of IM3.  And I also saw a TRU exclusive 2-pack today that includes a couple of suits of armor that are also in that end sequence.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Did they have the blue heavy armor one? The Igor armor? I am looking for that one.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:23 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I understand the Igor armor is coming at some point.  I haven't seen it in a store yet, though.

Feedback