Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77617 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 01:26 AM »
I find it amusing that Hasbro keeps releasing just one (or none) bad guy in their initial Marvel movie lines, yet that seems to be the one figure everyone wants.  Hopefully the revision case assortment is 11 Destroyers and a Loki.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 03:11 PM »
I find it amusing that Hasbro keeps releasing just one (or none) bad guy in their initial Marvel movie lines, yet that seems to be the one figure everyone wants.  Hopefully the revision case assortment is 11 Destroyers and a Loki.

You know they won't be that smart.  I'm assuming they're applying the standard logic to the toys that it'll be kids buying them, rather than collectors.  As long as the movie is a hit (and the others aren't) then they're probably smart in doing so because collectors will comprise a small amount of the market.  But like the Crystal Skull, if it's not a huge hit then it's the usual movie related toy nightmare waiting to happen. 

I won't buy that Loki given a MU version is coming.  I would snap up Destroyer if I can and will probably buy all I see given how popular it's bound to be with collectors.  I suspect there's a few people like me that never got it in the ML scale and would welcome it in the MU scale. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 09:31 AM »
just want to say that I am pretty shocked that right now, as of writing this, the Thor case on HTS is OOS.   ???

who would buy this???

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Someone off their meds? 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29 AM »
just want to say that I am pretty shocked that right now, as of writing this, the Thor case on HTS is OOS.   ???

who would buy this???

It's likely just a placeholder listing until they actually get it IN stock.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 11:58 AM »
oh no, it was in stock

edit:  we can all stop worrying - it is back in stock.   :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:35 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Is just wave 1 available tomorrow?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 02:04 PM »
I found some of these at a local Target yesterday. I picked up the Sword Spike Thor since he appeared to be the most basic Thor currently available. They also had a one or two other variants on Thor, Odin, and one each of Loki and the Frost Giant, who I bet I'll regret not buying now. So it looks like just wave 1 is all that's available right now, and this Target got only one case, so hopefully Hasbro and the retailers aren't going to go nuts with this line like they did IM2.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Picked up the Deluxe Frost Giant today at Target. Didnt even know there was a deluxe version in addition to the single carded release.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 09:03 AM »
I think I now realize why the case of Thor figures went OOS on HTS the other day - I think they did it to change the price.  It was, iirc, $82.99, now it is $94.99. 

That kinda stinks because I have entertained the thought of actually ordering MU cases from HTS had they put them up for sale in a timely fashion.  But now, I am guessing newer cases will follow suit with the Thor line and raise the cost.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 10:33 AM »
I looked over these things at TRU yesterday. They are god-awful. The 12" version or whatever that talks had me laughing out loud. I mean, how do you mis-pronounce THOR?!?! IT'S ONE FREAKING SYLLABLE! How does a Norse God talk with a Bristish accent? ("I...AM...THAWR") Where's the hat with wings?

I hate to play the bitter old man card yet again, but will they every make a comic book movie that actually resembles the comic it is based on?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 10:59 AM »
I looked over these things at TRU yesterday. They are god-awful. The 12" version or whatever that talks had me laughing out loud. I mean, how do you mis-pronounce THOR?!?! IT'S ONE FREAKING SYLLABLE! How does a Norse God talk with a Bristish accent? ("I...AM...THAWR") Where's the hat with wings?

I hate to play the bitter old man card yet again, but will they every make a comic book movie that actually resembles the comic it is based on?
Agreed...the quality of stuff I looked at last night was absolutely  terrible.  Unpainted joints, misplaced eyes, weird ass washes.  They looked like ass

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Found all the pegs set for Thor at Target.  No product yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Found all the new Thor stuff at Target.  I bought a regular Frost Giant basic figure for 7.99, but passed on the deluxe Frost Giant for 12.99.

The only differences between the 2 are the deluxe version is painted a darker blue, and comes with 2 wrist ice missile launchers.  $5 more than the basic figure.

Um.  Sure.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Our local Target had the new Thor stuff out today as well - Wave 1 (Three different Thors I believe, Odin, and Loki), the Hammer/Helmet role play stuff, and the larger Thor figure.  I didn't look closely at the rest I guess.