Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77597 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thor: The Toys!
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:44 AM »
I saw the figures that were on display - Thor, Odin, and Loki, and while they looked pretty good in terms of articulation and detail, for some reason I am not getting pulled in to these like I was with Iron Man 2 figures.  I am guessing a lot of it has to do with my partial disinterest to movie style figures.  I am guessing/hoping there is a comic line to go with the movie line of this - then I may be more inclined to grab some.  The movie line worked for IM2 for me because Tony Stark was in a suit, I didn't see his head, and even if I did RDJ was a perfect fit for IM to me.  With Thor I will be forced to compare the movie version with the comic version - and I don't really see the movie version winning that battle.

Odin looked pretty good and I will probably pick him up, unless there is a comic version that is superior.  Loki's neck was very long looking, and, besides that, I have always really liked the look of comic Loki - so unless the movie figure really wows me in some way it will pretty much be all comic line for me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:46 PM »
They looked good for what i assume are goingt o change a bit. I am in for them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 06:09 AM »
I was just thinking about this line for a minute and I got to wondering how they're going to handle the comic series, assuming they're doing it siilarly to what they've done with the other marvel movies. Unlike Iron Man and Cap, I can't think of too many Thor variations, theres classic, modern, ages of thunder, king and ultimate. Is there anything else? The way Hasbro seems to do things, they could easily knock all of those out in the first wave and have no more Thors for the rest of the line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2010, 10:39 AM »
I see that the latest Toy Fare has a pic of the Destroyer figure from the 3 3/4" Thor line, which is up at MarvelousNews.  Sounds like there was some other Thor and Cap movie stuff inside as well.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2010, 11:39 AM »
thanks for the link.

there doesn't look like there is any wrist/bicep or waist/torso articulation - but there is something right above the belly button.  my guess is it is a light up feature (eyes?), and, if so, is a poor placement for it - shoulda put it on the back.  if it is some sort of "play feature" and it opens up to find something inside - then that is ok by me (I don't know anything about the character as maybe he is supposed to open there to reveal something).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 10:28 AM »
The Destroyer figure looks awesome. I can't wait for the thor figures.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Comic Book Movie has a little picture montage of various Thor toys (all movie stuff the way it looks), which I'm guessing we'll see more of at Toy Fair.  I forget, is Thor getting a "comic" line alongside the movie stuff like Iron Man did (and Cap will)?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2011, 11:31 PM »
Used the DPCI trick at Target and got my wave 1 Thor figures. If anyony wants to try for themselves the number is 087-06-1449

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 2, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I'm guessing these won't be too hard to find when they get closer to the meeting.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2011, 12:49 PM »
I think this is one line I won't collect.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 2, 2011, 12:55 PM »
I had a case pulled from the back at a local Target.  I purchased a Thor, Loki, Odin, and Frost Giant.
Hasbro continues its brilliance with case assortments.  The case contained three each of the three different Thors, one Odin, one Loki, and one Frost Giant.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 2, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Looks like some interesting custom fodder... this stuff looks a lot more fun that Iron Man line, I think.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 2, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Anyone have a picture of the Frost Giant?  I didn't see that in the photo...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 2, 2011, 05:53 PM »
These guys look alright. I'll admit to being completely ignorant about Thor, and to not being overly excited (or interested, for that matter) about the movie. However, the figures look kinda cool, and if I like the movie I might pick up a few of the toys... in November for $5.00 apiece, of course.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2011, 01:04 PM »
That's what I'm thinking. If I like the movie, I'll wait until a sale. Afterall, IM2 figs went on sale fairly quick. I won't "NEED" to get Thor figures, but at a good price, I might want to get them.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010