Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77599 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:24 AM »
HTS has the wave 1 case pack up as "coming soon".  not sure who the heck would want to order that other than toy shop owners because 9 out of the 12 figures are Thor...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Only 9?  Don't they know that if they only had 10 Thor figures per case it would be the line of the century?  Didn't they learn anyting from Iron Man?  Nobody wants pesky villains or...dad, in their toy lines.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 12:32 AM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 10:54 AM »
I posted this in one of the other threads, but is Thor just getting a "movie" line with no comic series (like Iron Man and Cap got)?  I haven't seen any mention of a comic series with Thor, and don't think there have been any pics of any either.  They may be taking a more conservative approach (like the first Iron Man) with this line, while it appears Cap is getting a bit more of a rollout.  I guess I wouldn't necessarily miss a comic series for Thor (they can incorporate them into MU), but wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors Three done at some point (comic style I mean).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 11:14 AM »
Yeah, I really dont think I am going to be getting anything here except the destroyer and maybe a frost "giant"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Anyone know who the red beareded guy with the axe is?  I'll probably get a movie Thor and maybe the destroyer.  Odin looks good, but I'll likely pass on him and Loki unless there is a sweet deal. 

On the comic line, it it surprising they didn't try to move some comic stuff in like they did with Iron Man and apparently Captain America.  I too would like to see an old school Balder and the Warriors Three, maybe even Kelda and Thunderstrike.  Hopefully they have some nice surprises saved for SDCC.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 09:01 PM »
I posted this in one of the other threads, but is Thor just getting a "movie" line with no comic series (like Iron Man and Cap got)?  I haven't seen any mention of a comic series with Thor, and don't think there have been any pics of any either.  They may be taking a more conservative approach (like the first Iron Man) with this line, while it appears Cap is getting a bit more of a rollout.  I guess I wouldn't necessarily miss a comic series for Thor (they can incorporate them into MU), but wouldn't mind seeing the Warriors Three done at some point (comic style I mean).

It was mentioned that a Comic Series will follow later, but not for the initial launch of the line ... which, to me, is unfortunate.  I was really looking forward to the potential of a Comic Series.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 10:26 PM »
Anyone know who the red beareded guy with the axe is? 

Volstagg
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 11:03 PM »

It was mentioned that a Comic Series will follow later, but not for the initial launch of the line ... which, to me, is unfortunate.  I was really looking forward to the potential of a Comic Series.

Yeah, there are a few characters I'd be excited to get in a comic based series.  I don't think in cluttered toy aisle filled with other movie stuff this will work out well at all. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 11:25 PM »
Anyone know who the red beareded guy with the axe is? 

Volstagg

Freaking Hollywood...glad to see they made an effort to stay true to the original artist' vision.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 12:13 AM »
Wow.  Okay, so that must be an Asian "Hogun" with the hair-bob on the other side of the destroyer?  He has the mace...ugh.  I'm not impressed with those choices.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:14 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 01:08 PM »
So far I can count ONE figure I'm going to get from this line. Destroyer is about it for me. I don't like the Hollywood style Thor or other figures. Way to far away from the comics.

Yes, Thor looks somewhat like his costume after the battle of Ragnorok. But most people know him as clean shaven and not armored.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 02:14 PM »
So far I can count ONE figure I'm going to get from this line. Destroyer is about it for me. I don't like the Hollywood style Thor or other figures. Way to far away from the comics.

Yes, Thor looks somewhat like his costume after the battle of Ragnorok. But most people know him as clean shaven and not armored.

I am with ya all the way, pretty much on both lines.

I collected the heck out of Iron Man - not because I like Iron Man any more or less than any other heroes - but because Iron Man has a ****-ton of different armors.  To me, that right there was the rationalization to buy almost one of every type of armor they made - it was believable.  Now I think I am going to be drawing a line for the most part for this Armored Avenger line and not pick those up - but I cannot count how many different armor types I now have from the IM2 line

As for Thor and Cap, I don't need that - it doesn't even make sense to get more of them.  Each of them only have so many different "looks", and, to me, they are hardly negligible.  Cap with or without pouches?  I could care less.  Same for Thor.

Bottom line I guess, I am sure Hasbro will force me to buy them anyways later on down the line a multipack that has other things I want - I do think I need to get them upfront.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 05:21 PM »
I think between the Thor and Cap lines in total, I'm just getting Odin, Destroyer (maybe if he's not too small), WWII Cap, Crossbones, Winter Soldier, US Agent.

Not too much at all when you consider I buy 95% of the Marvel Universe line.

This stuff might really pegwarm.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 01:32 AM »
I'm sure the Avengers toy line will be completely different than any of the the previous incarnations of the main characters, but I wouldn't mind picking up the best example of Thor and Cap to basically give me the base team.  Then add any new characters, like Hawkeye, when the film comes out.  But, I may wait for the actual Avengers line.  We'll see.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"