Author Topic: Thor: The Toys!  (Read 77594 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: The Toys!
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2013, 06:10 PM »
Looks like some old Thor stock has been making it's way onto TRU pegs.  I've noticed the Deluxe Lightning Clash Thor turning up recently.  But not the rather HTF deluxe Heimdall.  And frankly, it's bizarre.  This line originally hit stores back in 2011, right?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58 AM »
about a month ago I did read someone on another board say that they did find Heimdall.

My store got a case of the first deluxe wave.

wouldn't it be crazy if that claw frost giant showed up somewhere?  that is the only figure from the line that never turned up

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2013, 09:34 AM »
about a month ago I did read someone on another board say that they did find Heimdall.

My store got a case of the first deluxe wave.

wouldn't it be crazy if that claw frost giant showed up somewhere?  that is the only figure from the line that never turned up

Good luck on that!  The only place I ever saw that was in the Hasbro display case at NY Comic Con.  I had no idea that figure was even in the works until I saw it there.

The bargain hunter in me is bummed that I wasn't able to get Heimdall for $9.99 or however much Thor deluxe figures go for.  But in the grand scheme of things it was worth it to wait a little while for the secondary market prices to subside, and pay about $25 for Heimdall.  All while NOT having to search far and wide for it at retail, and probably saving a comparable ammount of gas money in the process.

Feedback

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49 PM »
I got a deluxe Heimdall from a fellow collector today.  He found a few at a local Tuesday Morning.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2013, 11:19 AM »
I still wonder if that deluxe Ice Claw Giant figure ever made it into development.....

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2013, 09:42 PM »
I saw the one in a Hasbro-Marvel display case at NY Comic Con, and nowhere else.  It was never even announced in any Deluxe figure case assortments.  Has anyone seen any of the usual Asian eBay suspects auctioning off Thor prototypes?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:44 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2013, 12:58 PM »
I got a deluxe Heimdall from a fellow collector today.  He found a few at a local Tuesday Morning.

Hmm, gonna have to check a few local Tuesday Mornings - how long ago did he find it, do you know?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2013, 09:28 AM »

Hmm, gonna have to check a few local Tuesday Mornings - how long ago did he find it, do you know?

About a week to ten days ago.  A friend of mine in Indianapolis found a couple last Friday.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2013, 09:50 AM »

I've seen Heimdall at a couple of TRU stores, too.  They're out there.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2013, 06:10 AM »
Figures for Thor - The Dark World were shown at SDCC, but not so you would've noticed.  The sculpts on these look pretty good.  I just hope that Hasbro learned some lessons from the first Thor toy line and doesn't flood the market with a dozen different versions of Thor.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2013, 06:52 PM »
Figures for Thor - The Dark World were shown at SDCC, but not so you would've noticed.  The sculpts on these look pretty good. I just hope that Hasbro learned some lessons from the first Thor toy line and doesn't flood the market with a dozen different versions of Thor.

Bwah-hahahahahahaha.  You crack me up Nick.  Habro learning.   :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2013, 06:53 PM »
I still see a lot of Thor and IM figures at Five Below and Ollie's around here.  They may have a smaller line but I can't see them not overshipping it and dooming any future waves.

We'll see...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2013, 07:51 PM »
Figures for Thor - The Dark World were shown at SDCC, but not so you would've noticed.  The sculpts on these look pretty good. I just hope that Hasbro learned some lessons from the first Thor toy line and doesn't flood the market with a dozen different versions of Thor.

Bwah-hahahahahahaha.  You crack me up Nick.  Habro learning.   :D

I know.

Silly me.

::)

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2013, 11:53 PM »
Sorry to pick on your post Nick, I know you know better.

I just have the feeling that a lot of Hasbro's issues with this line and others (let's say 3.75" altogether) are of their own making.  I don't really recall all that much of the IM lines and how those distributions were, but Thor, Indiana Jones and many others, at least going back to Episode I have been victims of craptastic case distributions.  I don't know who the individual(s) involved with determining the ratios are but hopefully they just keep rolling through people because no one has got it correct for a very long time. 

It's nothing new. 

Yes, I get the fanboys are a small portion of the market.  But they continually overestimate the love of kids for 18 versions of the main character.  Kids like to have enemies/villains to fight.  It's been happening since us old farts had green and brown army men, nothing is new.  Not rocket science.  Hell, you're better off having a shortage of basic Thor than you are having an overabundance of him.  Supply-demand? 

Ah, never mind. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2013, 05:42 AM »
I get the sense that perhaps I was still in the halcyon daze of the Avengers line, where the distribution of hero figures was actually somewhat reasonable (except for that one silly Reactron armor Iron Man), and that the Avengers model might serve as a lesson going forward for Hasbro.

But then I snapped out of it.

Feedback