Author Topic: Found New Figs, But Not For Sale?  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Found New Figs, But Not For Sale?
« on: July 23, 2003, 11:30 AM »
That right you heard it right.  Walmart Blows!  I went there early this morning hoping for a miracle and what did I find?  The same 10 Padme Pilots and Jangos, plus about 50 Cantina Packs.  I asked a stockperson in Toys if he could check the back.  He scanned one of the pegs and told me that the inventory showed about 100 figs.  With only 10 or so figs on the peg I got excited thinking I was finally going to score.  So he went out back and returned empty handed.  The verdict?  No figs on the floor til the pegs had been cleared.  Do you believe it?  I wonder how many more stores are sitting on product.  I was fully prepared to spend a good chunk of change but they did not want my money.  Whats going to happen?  The figs will probably be returned for credit in the future, leaving us collectors empty handed and making twice as much work for Walmart to return the items in the future.  Where is the logic?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Found New Figs, But Not For Sale?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 11:44 AM »
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I can see that happening though.  Wal-Mart made a statement recently that they won't be carrying Star Wars toys anymore (can't remember where I read that though).  The Wal-Mart's by me have never had anything in stock as far as Star Wars stuff goes.

So, if they don't want your money then spend it somewhere else.   :-*
dustrho

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 11:54 AM »
Wal Marts will be carrying Star Wars toys, simply not the Clone Wars 3 Packs. This makes no sense to me, because as you stated, if there is product in the back they will be selling it and with only 10 figures on the pegs they should restock. Personally, I would have talked with the manager about this situation. Now, I am not calling anyone out (this is just to vent), but it is so easy to complain about Wal Mart, but I don't see the collectors trying to do anything about it.

Chris, perhaps you could clarify for me why you could this this happening, I have a feeling that I am just missing something. If there are no Hasbro "not to be released by..." than I see no reason why those items could not have been taken out from the back for you, seems to me like pure laziness.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 12:07 PM »
Wal Marts will be carrying Star Wars toys, simply not the Clone Wars 3 Packs. This makes no sense to me, because as you stated, if there is product in the back they will be selling it and with only 10 figures on the pegs they should restock. Personally, I would have talked with the manager about this situation. Now, I am not calling anyone out (this is just to vent), but it is so easy to complain about Wal Mart, but I don't see the collectors trying to do anything about it.

Chris, perhaps you could clarify for me why you could this this happening, I have a feeling that I am just missing something. If there are no Hasbro "not to be released by..." than I see no reason why those items could not have been taken out from the back for you, seems to me like pure laziness.

Chris, the sad part is that the Mgr is the one who told the stockperson not to put them out.  The only thing I can think of is this:  The SW section is only limited to one 4 ft section in my town and even though there were only 10 figs on the shelf, there were at least 50 Cantina Sets which filled all the pegs.  There was no room for any more figs, and the fact that they could not distinguish regular figs and the Cantina sets is beyond me.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 02:04 PM »
You should just pile all of the figures into a hand held cart and hide them in the clothes dept.  The manager will then say "Well golly gee willickers no more Star Wars toys on the pegs.  Time to restock."  

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 02:15 PM »
You should just pile all of the figures into a hand held cart and hide them in the clothes dept.  The manager will then say "Well golly gee willickers no more Star Wars toys on the pegs.  Time to restock."  

No good.  They will still show up in the inventory system and will eventually be found.  I was so mad at the time, I felt like ripping everyone of those figs off there cards and just leaving them there.  Its really sad too, because any new figs would sell in the area I am in.  :'(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 02:31 PM »
There is this possibility:  They could just be some of the EPISODE II/April 23rd era pegwarmers.  My local WalMart seems to periodically dig them up and put them back out when they're low on stock.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Several Target in my area are sitting on piles of Clone Wars items. They will not put them out until this fall or so I am told.

Wal-Marts here also have nothing on the pegs. Every once and a while a Wal-Mart or two will stock but then it is back to bare pegs for a month.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 12:54 AM »
Thank you GOD for newforcecomics!!!

:P

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 11:26 AM »
I think that my walmart does something similar...when some one buys a figure or two they put one or two out...I still wonder if you go to Walmart and buy them and go back one or two days later and check to see if the new ones are in stock and buy them, then return the other figures if that would work to get their toys rotated???  Someone want to try???