Author Topic: Green Lantern  (Read 21769 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Green Lantern
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 01:39 AM »
He was Aurthur in Shrek III.   ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 09:03 AM »
People seem to have been impressed by his performance in Alpha Dog, but it wasn't a leading role.  And I don't think he's played a leading role in any movie yet.

He was really good in Black Snake Moan, but again not a leading role.  If they do cast JT as the Green Lantern they'll definitely draw a crowd outside the typical geek realm.  That's probably their goal.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 09:07 AM »
He's great in those Andy Samberg/SNL shorts.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 10:48 AM »
So if Hal Jordan walks around with his dick in a box then the movie will be a hit with girls 15 - 25.  See, it's all in the marketing.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Sounds like the studio's top three choices are Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, or Justin Timberlake - but they haven't been able to come to a consensus with the choice.  The linky above mentions that all three actors had a contract to commit to the role if chosen, but those deals expired on Monday.  I don't necessarily have a big problem with JT in general, but I don't know that he's right for Hal Jordan - or even for a leading acting role at this point.  Of the three being mentioned, I'd rather see one of the other two - although Reynolds is really starting to appear in a lot of comic roles between Blade and Wolverine/Deadpool already (and being rumored for Flash at one point).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 04:23 PM »
I would like to see a Deadpool movie, or at least a film with Deadpool as the main bad guy and I think Reynolds would fit the bill. 

I don't know the Hal Jordan character all that well, but Bradley Cooper is a good actor and of the three, I'd like him the best for a breakout roll in a superhero movie.  I really don't have a problem with JT either but when I think superhero, he doesn't stick out in my head.

I think Tobey Maguire proved that smaller guys like that can pull it off, but I've always pictured Spider-Man as a smaller everyman anyway while heroes like Green Lantern seemed like they should be big, buff guys.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern. Not bad, but I think would have liked to see Bradley Cooper's take on the role.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Is he still gonna be Deadpool?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I would guess no, especially if GL is a big hit.

E...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Is he still gonna be Deadpool?

I think he's still going to be deadpool.  I thought I read somewhere that he has been interested in the character for years, so I'd be surprised to see him just bag it for another super hero gig. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 06:07 AM »
Its been a few days, but it is nice to see them get the casting underway for Green Lantern.  I kept worrying that this project would keep getting put off until cancelled like many of the other DC/WB movie projects so far.  I like Reynolds as the choice for Hal/GL, as long as they don't play it too over-the-top comedic/quippy.  Hal has some of that, but not on a Deadpool level obviously.  I think Reynolds is a good actor though, and can pull it off.  Definitely looking forward to this one.  Hopefully Warner Bros can get on the ball and start getting some of these other properties developed.  It appears that on their schedule through 2011, this and Jonah Hex is about it for superhero offerings.  I'd really like to see characters like the Flash and Green Arrow get their shot in the future as well, as well as Dick Grayson in some capacity (although the Robin stigma may keep that from happening).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Potential Spoiler Alert:

Read over the weekend that Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach from Watchmen) is rumored to play Sinestro in the upcoming Green Lantern.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 01:51 PM »
...and Freddy
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 02:39 PM »
I see that Angela Basset has been case as Amanda Waller in the Green Lantern movie.  I'll admit, I wasn't really aware of this character prior to the Justice League Unlimited cartoon, but it is neat to see her included now.  It makes me wonder if this is the start of the "shared" universe approach that Marvel is currently using with its Avengers-related movies.  I realize that Nolan recently shared that his Batman and Superman movies are completely seperate from each other, but personally, I'd really like to see the same type of approach that Marvel is using with Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap, and the Avengers applied to the Justice League with GL, Batman, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc.  I realize it may be a little difficult with the darker/seperate world of the current Batman movies, but I wonder if they'll change that a bit when Nolan is done with his trilogy (since he recently confirmed that the third movie is the "end" of his story).

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 04:06 PM »
Is Angela Basset planning to gain 200 pounds?