Author Topic: Green Lantern  (Read 21755 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Green Lantern
« Reply #60 on: October 7, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Not much there yet, but the Official Site for the GL movie is now up.  Also, SHH found some info in the source code concerning the villain for the movie.

On a related note, the teaser poster for Green Lantern: The Animated Series has been revealed.  Sounds like there will be a first look at NYCC this weekend (the show premieres next fall).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 9, 2010, 10:22 AM »
Sounds like it was announced at NYCC that the first trailer will be out with Harry Potter in November, so another reason to look forward to that movie :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2010, 12:29 PM »
First look at the power battery from the GL movie.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2010, 11:33 PM »
An Entertainment Tonight preview clip which shows some footage from the movie (the suit, Kilowog, etc.).  I'm guessing this will be from the trailer, which I believe is attached to Harry Potter next week.  Cool to finally see something from the movie.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2010, 12:34 AM »
Man... I don't like the vibe I'm getting from that at all.  Way too camp.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Well it doesn't help that E.T. wrap around is extreem camp.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2010, 08:53 PM »
It looks like the full trailer has been leaked online, at least for the moment.  Hoping to see it attached to Harry Potter this weekend.

I was able to catch the Entertainment Tonight thing tonight as well, where they showed a lot more (actually, quite a bit of the trailer, although they talked over top of it).  I have to say, after seeing the whole thing, it does look pretty neat.  The space stuff, and seeing some of the other characters in "live action", it looked pretty cool.  I think the brief shot of Sinestro in particular looks pretty great.

UPDATE: Officially online now

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:01 PM by Brian »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. I'm a fan of GL. Though nowhere near the level as I am of Marvel Heroes.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Damn, that looks fun!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Yeah, I've re-watched it a few times today again, and I think it looks pretty sweet too.  It is neat to see that a character like this is getting his own movie.  Always been a fan of GL, and even more so over the past five years or so, so I'm really looking forward to this as well.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2010, 01:19 PM »
I'm not a fan of the CG costumes.  Even in the trailer there were bad moments that completely pulled me out.  In fact, I don't know if I saw a costume scene that looked good.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2010, 02:09 PM »
I liked what I saw.  Loved that we got a peek at Sinestro, Tomar, Kilowog, and Hector Hammond (big head and all).

Like others have said, I'm still not 100% sold on the costume, but they've got a lot of time between now and then to work on it.  Hopefully they can polish up the suits a bit before it gets released.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2010, 02:59 PM »
I can see what people are saying about the costume as well.  In the scene especially where Hal makes the "quick change", it just looks a bit....off to me for some reason.  I think the other stuff (Sinestro, Kilowog, Tomar, etc.) all seems to look pretty great, and I'm excited for the potential this movie could have.  It is nice to see characters like this hitting the big screen.  You always figure on stuff like Spidey, Batman, and Superman....but it is neat that we're getting to characters like Iron Man, Green Lantern, Thor, Cap, and hopefully others (Flash, etc.) down the road.

SHH has an index of screenshots from the trailer, which allows you to get a better look at many of those shots.  Still really impressed with how they did Sinestro.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:24 PM by Brian »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Its cool to see all the GL aliens. That what the next Superman movie needs - Aliens!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Yeah, maybe not the thread for this, but I was thinking that the GL movie line could have a lot of potential if done well.  Unlike a lot of the other superhero movies, there is a lot of nifty looking aliens/supporting heroes in the corps that could be made into action figures - instead of just 20 versions of Hal and 1 Sinestro or Hector Hammond :).  I have no idea how they will do the line, but it could make for a pretty cool one.