Author Topic: Warped Action Figure Hands  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Warped Action Figure Hands
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:50 PM »
I thought I would post this thread for all those who have trouble getting their figures to hold their lightsabers/blasters/Cantina bar glasses properly.

I have many figures whose hands are either too soft or too warped too hold the lightsabers well. TAC Maris Brood, 2008 TCW Asajj Ventress and 2008 The Sith Legacy Evolutions Darth Maul all come to mind. What would you guys do to fix this? Rubber bands don't work anymore for me.  >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Warped Action Figure Hands
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 01:05 AM »
You can always use the "Boil & Freeze" method. Just drop you figure into some boiling water. Wait a minute or two. Pull it out, put the weapon in the hand that you want it to be able to hold. Quickly rubber band the hand tightly so it holds the weapon, then drop it a bowl of ice water for a few minutes.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped Action Figure Hands
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I thought I would post this thread for all those who have trouble getting their figures to hold their lightsabers/blasters/Cantina bar glasses properly.

I have many figures whose hands are either too soft or too warped too hold the lightsabers well. TAC Maris Brood, 2008 TCW Asajj Ventress and 2008 The Sith Legacy Evolutions Darth Maul all come to mind. What would you guys do to fix this? Rubber bands don't work anymore for me.  >:(

I just use the little rubber bands that come with several of the figs.  you can usually wrap it around the hand and weapon enough to secure it.  Then you don't have to worry about the weapon falling out if something tips over.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today