Author Topic: 2010 Saga Legends Figures  (Read 28857 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 03:56 PM »
I got the impression that they were wanting a vote like in 2007's Legends line-up where it was littered with collector-friendly Legends figures...  I thought at that time it worked, but they want it as a complement to CW/kid collectors now and nothing collector-focused, so I guess that's their way of saying, "This line's not really for you at the moment", maybe.

2007 was like trying to keep up with two full lines...  Legends had so much good stuff in it and then the basic line was one of, if not the best line ever...  That was some hectic collecting at times.

I think right now they just don't want fans involved in Legends much at all.  There are figures in it I'll still buy of course (battledroid 2-packs, Snowtroopers, etc.), but I guess we're not at all considered for this line currently.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49 PM »
The change up to this year, adding bounty hunters, shows they might mix things up more. Considering how dull the assortments were on the previous red Legacy Cards (which didn't even have the old battle droid 2 pack), things are looking slightly more interesting.

I recall reading that they were put the Legacy EU Spacetrooper in Legends next year. Pretty obscure choice for something aimed at kiddies. Not that they wouldn't want it, but it's hardly a proven hit with them since it barely appeared in stores (i never saw one) and collectors and scalpers scooped them up.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I actually picked up the battle droid two pack only because of the painted eye on the grunt droid.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 11:14 PM »
The Bounty Hunters could arguably have made it because Bounty Hunters are currently taking a big roll in the Clone Wars though, and have proven pretty popular among that aspect of Star Wars...  The Spacetrooper I look at as any army builder.  Hasbro seems to view them as popular with kids/collectors alike.  I think the Spacetrooper might be gobbled up by kids if they had the opportunity to actually get one.  :-\

I know I never saw one in stores and only got it through a friend.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 01:14 PM »
@Jesse:

yeah then the question must be confusing.  when I read these key words "a poll on your website" that to me meant Hasbro decides all of the options and they have control over the voting.

perhaps the list of candidates for the Legends line, in Hasbro's business plan/model, is becoming smaller and smaller that they don't even need to hold a poll because they think that there are only 15 figures that are worthy of the lets say 12 spots they have.

I just think they can draw a little bit of collector interest even if they let fans vote on the "unique clone deco spot" if you will.  Sure they have standard white ep 2 and ep 3 clones on the peg - but why not let fans vote between one of the following:

5th fleet security
Utaupu or 7th Sky Corps
41st elite on coruscant or kashyyk
38th armored or combat engineer
501st
91st recon corps
187th (mace)
212th
327th
galactic marines
shock troopers
sky corps
or those 2 other clones from the TAC line - I think they were concepts.  The green one and the one with the brown dot.

some of those might overlap, some may not make sense - I just pulled names from wiki.  my intention is not for Hasbro to make anything they haven't yet done before, so if I listed something like that or new then it was by mistake.  but what harm could be done by letting fans vote for the next army builder clone in the "Legends" line?  it would create somewhat of a collector demand wouldnt it?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:29 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 04:08 PM »
They did that (a poll) for Legends in the past and I thought everyone could pick basically anything that had been made?  I forget how that worked though exactly.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 05:35 PM »
They did that (a poll) for Legends in the past and I thought everyone could pick basically anything that had been made?  I forget how that worked though exactly.

Fans voted and Hasbro made whatever they intended to make since they rigged the whole thing.  ;)

All to prevent Ephant Mon from being reissued and losing Hasbro 5 cents on their annual earnings.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 4, 2010, 04:27 AM »
I picked up a couple of battle droid two packs over the weekend.  With two figures, a pack of weapons and the game stuff (if you're into that) this seems very good value. It's really refreshing to have some droids that don't fall over all the time and can pull a variety of poses. The plastic seems much sturdier than previous releases and this kind of joint on the hip really helps.

If they can make that left hand twist for a two handed blaster grip it would be even better.

Although I wish they'd put two grunts to a pack, I'm still going to be loading up on these guys.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 4, 2010, 09:44 AM »

If they can make that left hand twist for a two handed blaster grip it would be even better.

Agreed.

Although I wish they'd put two grunts to a pack, I'm still going to be loading up on these guys.

I'll bet you can remove the yellow paint with some Goof-off.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 4, 2010, 10:26 AM »
I'll bet you can remove the yellow paint with some Goof-off.

Goof-off isn't available over here in the UK, but I'm sure there's an equivalent. Someone suggested nail polish remover to me a while back , when I was trying to de-pink a snowtrooper helmet. The results weren't that great.

The yellow markings always remind me of the dulok's in the old ewok series. I remember a few episodes where they were marked up with the same color.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2010, 11:43 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: October 4, 2010, 01:20 PM »
NP Remover and Goof-Off are similar but NP Remover's like its weaker cousin.  It'll remove paint but not like Goof-Off.  Look for graffitti remover at a hardware store over your way Blaster.  That's Goof-Off's primary purpose.  It's industrial strength graffitti remover is all.  It's nasty though, so use it sparingly, well ventelated area, and be careful because it'll eat the plastic (melt it) quick.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 4, 2010, 01:28 PM »
JJ, I've heard people saying they get Goof-Off in Wal-Mart, but which section?  Crafts?  Hardware?  Homecleaning products?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 5, 2010, 01:23 AM »
I've gotten it near the paints, spray paints and things, I think.  I haven't bought it in ages though because one can will practically last you forever, haha.  Unless you have heavy duty paint removal to do on a wall or something.  For figures, one can will do for some time.

But if I were you, just go to Lowes if it's convenient and get it where they keep the weather strippers, cleaning supplies and stuff.  I know it's there at Lowes.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 5, 2010, 05:20 AM »
Thanks for that Jesse, I'll check out some  graffitti remover.

It was really strange getting back from work yesterday and seeing those battled droids still upright without the use of stands.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 11:33 AM »
So what are the figures that have been updated in this round of Legends?

I believe they were:
1) The old ATOC Obi-Wan being updated with the ROTS one
2) The Battle-droid 2-packs had large eyes and then smaller more accurate eyes
3) The Jango Fett was replaced with the TAC one with removable armor and cloak
4) 2-piece helmet Vader has been replaced with one of the Vintage variations

Is that it or am I missing one or two?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!