Multimedia > TV-9D9

The death or disappearance of Ahsoka?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jabba the Slug:

--- Quote from: McMetal on September 17, 2010, 09:58 AM ---At this point, you just have to find a continuity that works for you, since there is no quality control on the part of the franchise.

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with your comment here on quality control - after watching the first 2 episodes of the Season 3 a few hours ago, it seems that canon continuity (as far as this series is concerned) is really spinning out of control. I know that the crew behind the series claims they're going to establish "the" definite timeline once the series is finished 100%, but judging by what we've seen so far that's going to be extremely difficult.

Once you've mades hundreds of novels, cartoons, and comic books all on the same topic, you know things are going to get messy.

darth broem 2:
At some point I would like to see Anakin start to "turn" a bit away from the Jedi.  I kind of wonder if they will have something with Ahsoka that he blames the Jedi for somehow.  Maybe they "prevent" him from helping her somehow?  I don't know.  Just tossing it out there.  I hope she figures into the overall saga some way but of course not the main reason that he turns.  I want to see some more reasons that Anakin turns from the Jedi other than him wanting to save his wife from death.  Not that it isn't a good reason but to kill lots of innocent Jedi and such maybe we'll get a bit more oomph to it from this series???

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: darth broem 2 on September 23, 2010, 05:59 PM ---At some point I would like to see Anakin start to "turn" a bit away from the Jedi.  I kind of wonder if they will have something with Ahsoka that he blames the Jedi for somehow.  Maybe they "prevent" him from helping her somehow?  I don't know.  Just tossing it out there.  I hope she figures into the overall saga some way but of course not the main reason that he turns.  I want to see some more reasons that Anakin turns from the Jedi other than him wanting to save his wife from death.  Not that it isn't a good reason but to kill lots of innocent Jedi and such maybe we'll get a bit more oomph to it from this series???

--- End quote ---

I like that line of thought, but you can't have Ahsoka be one of the reasons and not have it remain un-mentioned in ROTS. Afterall, sure he may be getting dangerously close to the dark side by the start of the movie, but that rescue of Palpatine sequence and their arrival on Coruscant is pretty much in keeping with how Anakin and Obi-Wan interact with each other in the cartoon.

If something happened to Ahsoka that upset Anakin, he'd be harping on it to Obi-Wan in the movie.

He really doesn't get upset with the Jedi until he's put on the council and they don't make him a master. If they had just given him the rank of Jedi Master and he had been allowed access to all of the holocrons that only masters have access to, he would have killed Sidious himself.

Jesse James:
I don't know, i can see it being something he has in his mind somehow...  I've always had it assumed that, in some respect, Anakin is barred from going to/after his mother and that's why he does it once he's with Padme and away from the Jedi Order...  It's not really mentioned in ROTS (Sidious mentions it briefly, but he doesn't bring it up to Jedi), but I somehow always felt that he was held back from that and resented them slightly for it even if it wasn't directly addressed that way.

I could see something happening to Ahsoka that he views as "their fault", and harbors that resentment towards the Jedi...  It doesn't necessarilly need a mention for it to be an effective addition to ROTS.  It could build on why he defends Palpatine against Mace or something.  I could see it anyway.

Part of me would hate to see Ahsoka go out that way though.  She's cute, got a bubbly personality compared to other Jedi...  You sorta hate to see her get offed.  It could add a lot to Anakin's character though I think.

Greedo The Green Menace:
I'd like to see her go down in a rather poetic and tragic way. For example, she follows up a lead on her own late at night, and finds Dooku and Palpatine meeting down in the Courascant Underworld or something. She's shocked to discover that Palpatine is the sith lord they'd been looking for and hastily retreats to inform Anakin and the council. As she's making her way through the underbelly of the city, she realizes she's being stalked by the two Sith lords, they sensed her presence and are going to make sure she doesn't ruin their plans. After a lengthy chase, she makes it to the temple entrance way, thinking she lost them. As she runs toward the temple, Anakin senses she's in danger and quickly heads off to find her. 
  Just as Ashoka is nearing the temple entrance, Sidious drops in front of her from the shadows and runs her through. He quickly discards his Sith gear and bends over the mortally wounded Ashoka putting on his best concerned face, just as Anakin and a few other Jedi exit the temple. Anakin quickly rushes up and asks the Chancellor what he's doing here and what happened. Palpatine explains that he was on his way to discuss some war stuff with the council when he saw a Sith assassin drop from the shadows and stab Ashoka. Anakin cradles Ashoka in his arms as she desperately tries to get the words that Palpatine was the Sith out, but she's too weak to form the words. The whole while she stares frightfully at Palpatine who is standing behind Anakin, with a comforting hand on his shoulder. He smiles sinisterly at her and she dies. Anakin rages out and wrecks whatever is nearby. Windu is present for this display of passion and anger and it disturbs him greatly, prompting his distrust of Anakin in episode 3. Anakin once again blames himself for a loved ones death, due to his not sensing the danger soon enough or being fast enough to reach her in time, thus bringing him one step closer to wanting the power to save people from death. I imagine this scenario might traumatize the kiddies though. What's everyone think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version