Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93637 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #240 on: June 6, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Heads up, a local WM is having a rollback on the 3.75 and 6 inch figs. 3.75 inch are $4.97 and 6 inch are $6.97. Not sure if every Wal-Mart is doing this but if you're looking to pick up a few figures now might be the time.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 7, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Is there a second and/or third wave planned? I'm assuming, but haven't heard any news.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: June 8, 2009, 02:23 AM »
Have to check that out.  At that price I'm likely to get the rest of the set I think...  Any cheaper and I'm jumping in for chairs and consoles I believe.

I was really hoping for more waves as I felt this line had a bit more potential.  Seems like a pretty slow seller, though my Targets tend to go through figures a little better than WM is.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #243 on: June 8, 2009, 10:52 AM »
One of my WM's actually blew out the big and small figs at $2 each.  Don't know why, but I cleaned house.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 8, 2009, 11:02 AM »
My WM doesn't carry the Playmates ST line so Target is the only place to get them in town.  They have started to sell a little more in the last week but still not hot sellers here.  They certainly haven't sold out of them.  The role play toys really moved out the weekend the film opened but everything else has been slower to go.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #245 on: June 8, 2009, 11:43 PM »
I'll put it out here too that if anyone gets loads of extra ST figures and doesn't want the pack-in chairs/consoles, I'd REALLY like to nab them off you.  :)  Please?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 8, 2009, 11:45 PM »
Is there a second and/or third wave planned? I'm assuming, but haven't heard any news.

There has to be.  Just look at the numbering of the parts for the transporter and bridge playsets.  The current figures that are out aren't sufficient to finish off the playsets, so there must be more still to come.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 9, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Yeah they've hit rollback here too, $4.97.  Probably not a good sign for the future of the line... had a feeling this was just a matter of time, just didn't expect it to be that quick!  With the Joe stuff going to be hitting soon I'm guessing that some sort of line had to be shoved to the side, might as well be the one that's not seemingly selling.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2009, 01:33 AM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:33 AM by Spuffy »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2009, 01:48 AM »
I'm hoping to find a fair online option for this second wave, because I just don't see these hitting retail in big numbers. I doubt it will be as bad as the ToD wave from Indy, but judging by the not-empty pegs I see...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2009, 03:22 AM »
Hehe, neat. These aren't the best looking figures in the world and I by no means want too many of them, but I'd certainly take the blue shirt Mcoy and that little alien dude. He's fun.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Well in that article the Playmates VP of Marketing said:

"The Star Trek line is performing well, and will continue in all key accounts this fall and into 2010. Interestingly, the consumers’ scale of choice appears to be the 3.75”, although I personally have decorated my office with my faves from the 6”."

Interesting....

Oh and I dig those figures. I'll be getting at least blue shirt McCoy, the beasts, and the little alien:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:27 AM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Cool, thanks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I'm happy to hear that Playmates is looking ahead to new waves.  Just kind of surprised.  Star Trek has not been a hot seller locally and only Target is carrying the figures, my WM never got a single Trek item.  I would have thought that Target would have been cleaned out but they haven't.  So, we'll see.

I would love to get that Keenser figure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I think they've done better than people are thinking...  When they released at Target, at least here, they sold through probably 8 times in the first two weeks.  That's a lotta figures.

WM got a later start and deluged the pegs a bit more but I'd say they've sold through half what they put out.

I thinkt hey've slowed down but I think PM will take this line to a more collector-only level.  I'm hopeful to get this wave...  And more in the future I hope.  I'd like to see WM do a good sale to clear out what they've got for future stuff, as I'd love to stock up.  At $5 a pop I'd buy a full set and an extra set probably, just for the seats/consoles.