Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93641 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2009, 05:25 PM »
I meant figures based on the TV show...  They'd said they were continuing the 3.75" format to expand into more territory at one point or another, and the TOS was I believe their expanded territory.

Wow - that's surprising - I thought Art Asylum/Diamond had the lock on all Star Trek from TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise, as well as the first nine Star Trek movies. I thought all Playmates had the rights to was the latest Star Trek movie.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #331 on: November 19, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Star Trek figures, playsets and accessories are 50% off tomorrow and Saturday during the door busters sale.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2009, 07:59 PM »
I meant figures based on the TV show...  They'd said they were continuing the 3.75" format to expand into more territory at one point or another, and the TOS was I believe their expanded territory.

Wow - that's surprising - I thought Art Asylum/Diamond had the lock on all Star Trek from TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise, as well as the first nine Star Trek movies. I thought all Playmates had the rights to was the latest Star Trek movie.

Yeah so did I...  I think it was Cool Toy Review that posted they were saying about expanding the line to TOS stuff though, as well as continuing the 2nd wave of the new movie figures.  Maybe it's because of the differing scales?  Or perhaps these are new-movie-ish versions of TOS stuff?  *shrugs*  No pictures so who knows if it'll even happen.  It was somewhere in this thread though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2009, 11:24 PM »
I thought Art Asylum/Diamond had the lock on all Star Trek from TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise, as well as the first nine Star Trek movies. I thought all Playmates had the rights to was the latest Star Trek movie.

Art Asylum had a blog post that made it sound like they may have worked out a deal with Playmates somehow...

With the announcement of Playmates Toys’ to include TOS in their Galaxy Collection at the Dallas Fall Toy Fair, how does this affect DST’s license? Does it diminish it at all? Has DST’s license not been renewed? Thanks.

DSTChuck: Gee not sure– maybe its none of the above and Playmates and DST cooked something up….Hmm…time will tell.

It was somewhere in this thread though.

Here you go, this was the press info - I bolded the TV Trek part...

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=14986

At the 2009 Dallas Toy Fair, Playmates Toys Inc., a leader in creating imaginative and innovative toy experiences and sustaining evergreens, will launch many thrilling new additions to their established properties, in support of highly successful entertainment brands and toward the debut of several new branded toy lines.

STAR TREK - Live Long and Prosper

With nearly 40 years of heritage in the STAR TREK franchise, Playmates will build on the excitement generated by the blockbuster STAR TREK movie directed by J.J. Abrams with an offering of new toys and collectibles based on the 2009 movie and the classic original series catalyst STAR TREK. In addition to new waves of 3.75” action figures, role play accessories and iconic vehicles two new segments will be introduced in the movie line that should appeal to both the long time fan and the younger fans alike. The STARFLEET DEFENDER line includes a full array of movie characters articulated in small-scale in dynamic animated-style action poses. Collectible iconic mini space ships from the 2009 movie include the U.S.S. Enterprise, the U.S.S. Kelvin, and the Narada. And for the first time ever, Playmates will introduce 3.75” GALAXY EDITION action figures and diorama’s based on the classic Star Trek series. These figures will be highly detailed with authentic life-like likenesses and feature over 16 points of articulation. Iconic scenes from the most popular episodes will be depicted in two-figure pack dioramas. So jump on the U.S.S. Enterprise and Live Long and Prosper with the STAR TREK products for young and older.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:30 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2009, 11:31 PM »
Aw crap.  I've done well with a selection of the Art Asylum Trek stuff, but now I want the smaller scale too.  Thankfully I really limited my purchases of AA stuff.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2009, 12:03 AM »
If they worked out something with AA...  Could it be possible we'll see ST:TNG far behind?

I'll cream my pants.  It's probably the only property I'd get in up to my eyeballs other than Star Wars...  ST:TNG would have me buying in galore, customizing...  The works.   I'm tearing up a little at the thoughts even.  :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2009, 09:42 AM »
If they worked out something with AA...  Could it be possible we'll see ST:TNG far behind?

I'll cream my pants.  It's probably the only property I'd get in up to my eyeballs other than Star Wars...  ST:TNG would have me buying in galore, customizing...  The works.   I'm tearing up a little at the thoughts even.  :'(

I hope they make TNG figures in 3.75" scale, I would definitely buy those.  I am a huge TNG fan!

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2009, 05:48 AM »
Bought two Uhura's at TRU yesterday with the 50% off Star Trek toys coupon I got in my email.  Got them for $3.50 each and had $5.00 TRU rewards cash coupon too, so I got them at $1.00 each! :o  Very nice price for a figure that is not very easy to find. :)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 14, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Has anyone bought the Vintage Retro line?  Did they re-make all the originals?

I snagged the Mego-ish Green Arrow that is out and have a nostalgic need for at least Kirk and Scotty from the Retro Trek line now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #339 on: January 14, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Of the Mego figures I think they did everything.  I know I saw the Romulan and some other stuff, so I think that stuff all got made if the Romulan got made.

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Mmmmm very good movie loved it.

Imagine if hasbro were making the toys we would have a forum of Hey Hasbro i want a 3.75'' scale 7of9 and a 3.75'' scaled delta fly-er!

lolololol

an alternative!
http://www.federationmodels.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2010, 01:37 AM »
Has anyone bought the Vintage Retro line?  Did they re-make all the originals?

I snagged the Mego-ish Green Arrow that is out and have a nostalgic need for at least Kirk and Scotty from the Retro Trek line now.

I believe they have remade everything from the Mego line, and even some that were never made, like Sulu, Chekov, and Khan from 'Space Seed.'

I wish I had bought these when they were more available. I only have Kirk and the Klingon which was the first wave, and I picked those up at the now-defunct Star Trek Experience that was at the Las Vegas Hilton. My LCS has a few, but at $20 for Enterprise crew and $25 and up for aliens each, I don't have any. I'm hoping for EMCE/Diamond to offer them again.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Amazon and Ebay has them on average of $15 a character give or take...I am gonna fight the urge, but that vinyl bridge set is pretty cool looking...I think a neighbor or family friend had that when I was younger.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2010, 07:37 AM »
Did the second waves of Playmates' Star Trek movie line ever come out? I've seen pictures of a 3.75" wave and a 6" wave, but no online retailers seem to have ever had it "in stock".
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2010, 09:51 AM »
I think they got cancelled.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"