Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93646 times)

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2006, 04:34 AM »
I haven't seen any at retail since the second series. But I did see Kirk with his chair at Hastings today. I think I'll put it on my Christmas list. And a couple of months ago I found the copper-handled phaser at the same store.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2006, 06:28 PM »
TRU is getting in Art Asylum left overs. I picked up a Mirror, Mirror Kirk for less than $5.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Figures given I bought the entire set at retail for the most part. ::)  At least the deal with newforce was for the entire set from SDCC. But I think I have all the Trek I need with the Locutus and the entire Mirror, Mirror set plus Kirk in the Chair.  I was going to get some more of the mini-ships, but the only series I have ever seen is series two.  One and three have never shown up locally.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2007, 01:48 AM »
I spied alot of ST figures at my local thrift store. They were 'playmates' type.
3 and 3/4" mostly from next generation series. 3 types of Worf..mostly 2 types of the others..think there was maybe 16 total. All for 2.50 each. They also had a freakish red guy..that looked like the predator alien and under his foot it said
1994 Par pic. Playmates toys. All the figs had 1993-1994 under their feet.

What was weird was some figs had no knee,elbow articulation but there other versions had it. Alot of the figs arms had a weird 3 points AC but not at the wrist where you would think. I'll bet Bug knows exactly what I'm talking about.

DS

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2007, 02:23 AM »
Ah yes, the Playmates line. I used to collect them before the SW line came out. I sold most of them off, it was very hard to find some of them up here in Canada tho, I might have the odd one kicking around.

Playmates Star Trek Figures

NewForce Comics List

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2007, 02:01 PM »
I was wondering if there would be anything out for The Wrath of Khan 25th Anniversary;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2007, 04:02 PM »
I was wondering if there would be anything out for The Wrath of Khan 25th Anniversary;D

AFX also has a classic Kirk/Khan two pack from the original series.  I'm more inclined to get those than the Wrath of Khan line.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2007, 10:02 PM »
never did like star trek to much. never appealed to me BUT i do have the old star trek teleporter toy/playset thingie. it was pretty cool click a button and the thing inside "dissapear". its all just light tricks but it never got old for me. i also got some escape pod thing. dont know what its called but when ever i used to play with it ( mind you this is when i was like 8/9 years old) i always used it as a troop transport, with boosk as my pilot  ;D and have my "solidiers" run out from the back of it.
 but yeah back on topic. never did like star trek...just had some of their toys, because they could be mixed in with some of my star wars stuff :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2007, 12:19 PM »
i collected star trek loose at age 3, but then stopped for loose star wars stuff, then MOC star wars, now both loose and MOC star wars.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #99 on: February 1, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Another 1701 Fiasco in the making.

Great. Not only could I not complete the TNG crew in their movie uniforms in the Playmates line, now it's happening with DST's line.  ::)

Of course, this news would come just after I started picking up DST's Trek figures again.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: February 1, 2007, 01:28 AM »
I love the new ST figures but this is easily a good reason NOT to start blowing money on them.  They're slick figures, well sculpted, great articulation, nice accessories, but I'd easily be pissed knowing I couldn't get them in their best uniforms from the films, because of dicking over exclusives like this. 

I love looking at these, and while I've teetered on buying I now know I won't...  Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 1, 2007, 02:54 AM »
I guess I could do without the movie uniforms. Right now, I only have Picard and Data from the Nemesis line in those uniforms, and I'm not sure if DST is doing a Crusher in the movie uniform, so I might not have to worry.

I do want all of them in the season 7 uniforms, and since those are the regular versions of all the characters, that might be OK. It just gets annoying with these forsaken con exclusives. DST has been doing it for a long time with their Buffy line, but they had a lot more clothing options to choose from there, so you never would have missed a particular version if you couldn't get it. But this is a whole different uniform, and I might add the only TNG member that Playmates DIDN'T do in their movie uniform was LaForge.

DST would also send members of their Radicals club the leftover con exclusives, and that's how I got two of the Buffy ones, but with only 1701 to go around, I doubt there'll be any left and 7/8 of those will be on ebay.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: February 1, 2007, 03:15 AM »
That article mentioned a Crusher in the recent film uniform...  I think she was from First Contact, but it's all the same really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 1, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Another line I'm happily selective with.  I have all the figures from the Mirror, Mirror lineup; a Kirk con exclusive with the laser rifle and a Kirk with Captain's chair.  I wouldn't mind getting some of the TOS regular figures, but I won't buy them unless I see them cheap.  Khan, Gorn, etc. would be ok too, but only for under $5 a figure. 

The only non TOS figures I have are a smaller, Toyfare exclusive 7of9 and the AA version of Locutus. 

Has wave 3 or 4 of the Johnny Lightning ships ever hit retail?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 2, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Doubtful. I don't think series 4 even exists yet. And series 3 is ridiculously difficult to locate. I was looking earlier this week for them on ebay, and the only sellers that have any appear to be located in the UK, and it's about $60 American for a set shipped. That's just too much.

Since there isn't a definitive Trek collecting board that I can find, I can't ask anyone and I never could make any sense of Playtrek.

I've looked around at various internet stores, and the only one I've seen that ever had any was BBTS, whom I got the Future D and Borg Cube from. They're long sold out of them all except the cloaked Romulan BOP.

About the 1701 LaForge- I checked around at past exclusives from DST, and most of their con exclusives number less that 1,500 pieces, so perhaps 1701 isn't so bad of a number. It's not like the Playmates 1701 where they went to mass retail.