Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93812 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Has anyone seen the two exclusive 12" figures at TRU yet? TRU is supposed to be getting 12" versions of Sulu and Pike.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 17, 2009, 04:17 PM »
My local Zellers has some ST stuff, the 3 3/4" ST fig's don't come the with pieces for the Bridge set (Canadian issue). Those fig's will land up in a bargin bin, like Zellers has one!  ::)

They did have  the Communicator, Phaser, Bridge & Transporter but no Enterprise.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 17, 2009, 06:15 PM »
Target has the ST figures and toys on sale this week.  The Bridge and Transporter playsets were $19.99 and the figures were something like $6.29.

THe 6" figures were on sale as well as the role play stuff but I forget the price.  Probably about 10% off though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Cool, this might be a good chance to pick some stuff up.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2009, 10:43 PM »
****, and I didn't go today...  Figures.  ::)

Yeah, good time to nab some things.  Figures that's not an amazing price, but the playsets that's much more easy to take I think, and I'd like them soon here.  I'm antsy to pick them up.

Also, now having seen the movie, I really feel this line has a lot more figure potential than was first realized.  NOt a ton like SW, but definitely more than I had first thought.

I'm actually anxious to have a full set of figures now too, that I won't take apart...  Before I wasn't sure, but the movie put me over the edge in wanting that set of figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2009, 09:27 AM »
I'm thinking (worried) the same might happen to me too Jesse, if/when I get out to see the movie (wanting all the figures that is).  Right now, I've got Kirk and Spock, but I've kept them with the receipt thinking I should maybe take them back.  I'm worried once I see the movie there will be no turning back, at least going by the general consensus on the forums (and with reviewers).

On a side note, a couple of times this weekend I saw a commercial for the basic (smaller) figure line and Enterprise/playsets.  It sort of brought back memories of the vintage SW commercials, with kids playing with the toys/making sound effects/etc.  It doesn't seem like there are a whole lot of action figure toy commercials these days, it is usually focused on role play or game-type things.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2009, 05:31 PM »
The headsculpts are the only thing keeping me from picking up some of these figures. They're decent but they could do a much better job, specifically on Kirk.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2009, 06:06 PM »
Kirk's the only one I found to be horrible...  All the rest I felt were pretty accurate.  Some are a little off on skin color I think, but Kirk's the only one that I felt was a mile off target.  Not a thing like the actor, and really not normal looking for even a generic person.  Very lame. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Kirk's the only one I found to be horrible...  All the rest I felt were pretty accurate.  Some are a little off on skin color I think, but Kirk's the only one that I felt was a mile off target.  Not a thing like the actor, and really not normal looking for even a generic person.  Very lame. 

From what I've seen at the stores, I agree with that.  Most of them look pretty good, aside from Kirk (who is really the one that should be one of the best figures).  It makes you wonder if they didn't know who had been cast when they first started on the figure.  Hopefully they'll get another version out there that is a little more accurate.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Knowing the movie, as I do now, I'm really curious why they went with Kirk in Captain's uniform first too...  There's a lot of "odd" choices for figurse from them with the launch of the line IMO.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2009, 11:02 AM »
I made my first Star Trek purchase yesterday, Captain Kirk. The headsculpt's not great but I did check every Kirk they had and managed to grab one that's pretty spotless that I'm happy with. It's a great figure, and it's great to get so much for my money (figure, display stand, weapons, chair, computer table thingy). Beats buying a Breha Organa for $8.24 plus tax, that's for sure. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2009, 07:59 PM »
Picked up the Enterprise on sale at Target today. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2009, 09:33 PM »
I just found the Mattel die-cast TNG Enterprise today so I bought it along with the NCC-17101 Re-fit which, it seems, they corrected the box labels for.  It's not the -A anymore.  They're pretty nice but I do wish there was more metal in them.  I could see the nacelles being plastic but the body and the saucers should be metal also IMO.

Still, kind of nice.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 26, 2009, 09:16 AM »
I hadn't been in our local TRU for a little while, but noticed that Trek (along with Terminator) has the large "front display" at the front of the store that has in the past been used for Star Wars, superhero stuff, etc.  It was kind of different seeing those lines up there, since they haven't gotten this sort of attention for a long time.  I do wonder how it is all selling though, as things seem to be pretty full everywhere.  I would think, if Trek could grab the kiddos, that it would do great.  I mean, parents can get their kids the main ship (Enterprise) for less than $30.  Not many lines out there where you can say that anymore (although it isn't really a "playset" ship is it?).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 6, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Found the Hot Wheels Bird of Prey at Target tonight so I picked it up.  First time I'd seen it.  I haven't opened it yet but the box is so light that I'm assuming there's not a lot of actual metal in this one just like there isn't in the Enterprise ships.

Has anyone seen the Enterprise from the new film?  My WM isn't carrying these and Target has gotten two versions of the wave 1 case which is either 1each NCC-1701D, NCC-1701 Refit, Reliant and Bird of Prey and the other case has 1 each 1701D and Reliant and 2 Refits.

E...