Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 94134 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2009, 10:55 AM »
I think some of the figures are doing ok around here too, but overall the line is pretty plentiful.  I've been back and forth on collecting these - and I loved the movie, so that makes it more tempting - but I really can't afford it right now so I'm just staying away.  I did check the pegs after seeing the movie, and noticed there wasn't a Kirk or Spock to be found.  These new figures look pretty nice (especially Keenser), although it is disappointing they are sticking with that same crappy Kirk headsculpt by the looks of things.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2009, 08:27 PM »
I'm geeked for the second series...  I love all the new guys. I've yet to nab the 1st series entirely, only because I find the price a little too high for individual figures.  I'm hoping soon they'll see a cut at WM so I can pick up a set and some extra Scotty's for "red shirts".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2009, 10:13 PM »
That second wave looks really good!  I like the fuzzy head alien the most, followed by those monsters.

Only problem is, there's not room for one single figure at any of the Wal-Marts and TRU stores in my area... Target does have some room maybe for 3-4 figures at least at most of their stores...  Nothing to make me think this line is doing even what the Indy line did though... I'm guessing what Playmates sees as good sales is viewed as a disaster for Hasbro.

Also, from what I can tell the playsets have actually sold decently in my area - all things considered of course.  Not that many have sold, but I've noticed them being purchased at least.  And the Wal-Marts knocked down the figure prices but left the playsets at full price.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:14 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2009, 01:02 AM »
Actually, that's not an indication of sell-through...  That's an indication of volume dictating where to make the initial price-cut.  I'm hopeful my WM, which is equally deluged, will cut figure prices but they haven't yet for anything.

I've never seen a playset at WM...  I didn't know anyone else who had, actually.  I was under the impression they weren't being sold anywhere but TRU and Target considering the local WM scene.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2009, 12:38 AM »
So the one WM with figures I can find has them for $5-ish...  Not $7, which is nice, but no $3.88. :(

I'm down to needing:

-Pike
-Sulu (Suuuuuuuuu Lu...  Suuuuuu Lu!...  Howard Stern reference...  Hard to explain)
-Neyo (lamest bad guy name ever)
-Old Spock
-Scotty (got the transporter one, but of course need the other)

I'd like to get them cheaper, so my search may go on at other WM's till mine drops the price.

I forgot to look at Terminator **** at all, which I regret.  I'd like a couple T1's, and some Endo Skeletons.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2009, 12:56 AM »
Actually, that's not an indication of sell-through...  That's an indication of volume dictating where to make the initial price-cut.  I'm hopeful my WM, which is equally deluged, will cut figure prices but they haven't yet for anything.

What's not an indication of a sell through?  I don't think I said this stuff was selling in my area at all... because it's not.  You can already see dust on the figures.

I've never seen a playset at WM...  I didn't know anyone else who had, actually.  I was under the impression they weren't being sold anywhere but TRU and Target considering the local WM scene.

There's one Wally in my area that had them on a middle aisle display (just the Enterprise vehicle and the transport room).  The display isn't there anymore, everything is crammed onto an endcap now along with Terminator stuff... oddly, the Wal-Marts in my area don't carry the 3-3/4 Terminator figures, just the bigger stuff.  Go figure... and that stuff really doesn't seem to be moving that well either, at least not from what I've witnessed.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:58 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Also, from what I can tell the playsets have actually sold decently in my area - all things considered of course.  Not that many have sold, but I've noticed them being purchased at least.  And the Wal-Marts knocked down the figure prices but left the playsets at full price.

I interpreted this quote to imply the figures got a price cut while the playsets didn't because the playsets were at least selling something while the figures weren't...  That's why I said that's an indication of cutting price for volume, not a lack of sales from one item over another.  More figures = more space taken up = price cuts first...  The playsets will go soon as well I'm sure.  Target's already had a couple sales on them and none have moved here except that first week or two they were out.  Even then I know a couple of them on the shelf are originals as they were damaged boxes slightly and they're still there.  I caved at $20 for each of them though at the time.

Figures were $5 here...  No great $3.88 sale, but good enough to get Spock and Kirk since they're seemingly the ones that sell out first (Uhura too).  I'm thinking I'll wait it out on the rest of the line...  Till Wave 2 anyway.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2009, 01:21 AM »
A pic and preorder for wave 2

I suppose I just as well buy the case, since I'll be getting them all anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2009, 10:36 AM »
I probably will too, although Playmates did say that these would show up in 'wavelets' and not all together.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: July 8, 2009, 02:30 PM »
Anyone finding really good deals on these?  And if you are and if you don't want your bridge parts, anyone want to sell off the chairs/consoles to me? :)

So far near me, not much ST on the pegs.  One WM with them clearanced to about $5 each.  Target has restocked the figures again at some point so they're full up at full price.  Most WM's don't have any figures at this point, either never getting them in or they sold through and never got more.  ???

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 12, 2009, 08:04 PM »
All Walmarts in my area have been at $4.97 for a while, and are collecting dust.  So is TRU stock, though they are still full price.  Target has started clearancing the figures now, $4.88 in my area today. 

This line was nice, but sure didn't seem to go over well.

Hoping Wave 2 shows up though.  Some of those look better than the Wave 1 figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2009, 10:47 AM »
New Force Comics seems to have a decent deal on wave 2.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2009, 05:51 PM »
On clearance up here at WM now for $3.  Could find everything except Pike, though I didn't buy any.  I probably would have, could I have obtained the entire set, but missing Pike was enough of an excuse to pass on them. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2009, 10:57 PM »
I'll ask again just incase, but if anyone buys ST figures and does NOT want the chairs/consoles most of them come with, let me know!  I'd like to buy some from folks who didn't want them so I can use them for customizing.  They're good like that.

Thanks!

And they're still $5 a pop here around Pitt, at the WM stores that actually have them.  I think I've got two with anything at all.  Most never even carried them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Did I remember Dale saying the Canadian release of the 3.75" figures don't come with accessories, or am I just imagining that?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.