Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93627 times)

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2012, 11:51 PM »
Trekkies?  What a bunch of losers!  Hahahahahah

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43 AM »
imagine 3 3/4 figures and a BMF Enterprise :)  all over it

I'm kinda into it, but upon reading the press release, it said "select action figures", and the Kre-O stuff seemed to be the main focus of what they're doing...  Maybe a smart move there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2012, 12:53 AM »
I can just see Hasbro's method for selling the crew of the Enterprise:

Wave 1: Kirk and Spock, shortpacks for McCoy and Scotty.
Wave 2: Kirk and Spock carried forward, shortpacks on Chekov, Sulu, and the villain.
Wave 3: New versions of Kirk and Spock, Uhura shortpacked, and ultimately this wave becomes a Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls exclusive.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2012, 01:09 AM »
I can just see Hasbro's method for selling the crew of the Enterprise:

Wave 1: Kirk and Spock, shortpacks for McCoy and Scotty.
Wave 2: Kirk and Spock carried forward, shortpacks on Chekov, Sulu, and the villain.
Wave 3: New versions of Kirk and Spock, Uhura shortpacked, and ultimately this wave becomes a Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls exclusive.

Funny...probably true

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 11, 2012, 07:59 AM »
Shoot, the first two waves of Avengers figures have ZERO villains. It's like Hasbro does not understand how kids play with these things.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 11, 2012, 01:05 PM »
The thought of a Kreo Deep Space Nine is making me giddy, but I realize that's a couple of years down the road, if ever.  It makes sense to me that they are mainly interested in using Star Trek to sell and promote their Kreo line.  Hasbro will never get the Star Wars license away from Lego (and for good reason!) and Lego has never appeared to show an interest in acquiring the Star Trek license, which has the often-unrealized potential to be a big seller.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 14, 2012, 02:26 AM »
I'm convinced, after seeing what the NYCC exclusive Star Trek Hallmark ornament did on the secondary market, that the Star Trek community is starved for collectibles.  I don't think anyone felt the last line of action figures really were up to snuff.  The playsets weren't terrible, and I actually liked the idea of the bridge, but when you can't deliver wave 2 and thus never be able to complete your stations, it's a real loser.

I think Lego sells no matter what.  However, I don't know what the license for that costs so maybe Lego doesn't feel like paying out for it.  Or, since they have Star Wars and their own Space section of City, they don't feel they need it.

I don't know if I'd buy into a Lego line of Trek but I'm interested to see what they do with KRE-O.  The Battleship stuff looks cool so the ST stuff may work as well.  But, if Hasbro ever got the ST license and gave it the full Star Wars type treatment in 3.75" scale, it would be hard for me not to buy it. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2012, 01:06 PM »
Looks like Hasbro is positioning themselves for the 2013 movie line.  I think they can certainly approach things in a far more focused way than whoever had the license for the 2009 movie.  Especially when you consider how that 2009 line had figures in what, at least 3 different scales?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Look at Thundercats, didn't they do 3 scales on that one?  A 3.75" and 8" (including classics) and then a 6" they were going to move to?

That seems to be standard lately, throw a bunch of scales out and see what sticks.  The last Terminator film had 3 scales, last year's Pirates of the Caribbean had 2, I think Tron Legacy had 3 also.  I think there's even a new smaller scale of Halo figures coming that will run alongside the current scale. 

I know DC does well with their line of what, 6" (? I don't even know anymore) and Hasbro is bringing 6" Marvel Legends back, but for the price it seems like 3.75" is a great scale for detail and accessories. 

I'd probably buy a lot more action figures if they were Hasbro Star Wars and GI Joe quality at the same scale.  Most of the other lines out there that do pick 3.75" don't seem to hold a candle to Hasbro, though, so I end up passing. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #370 on: February 14, 2012, 06:13 PM »
I'd probably get sucked into buying more different lines too, if the quality were good.  I got a full set of the first series ST figures from the reboot and did some customs too to flesh it out a bit, but if the ST license is broader and encompasses TNG, DS9, Voyager, TOS...  Well I'd be highly sucked into this if Hasbro gives it the full treatment ala Star Wars in terms of quality, and keeps it 3.75" scale.

At the very least I'd be buying anything TNG or DS9 at that quality/scale.  I'd probably cherry pick anything else too.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30 PM »
I'd love to see some of the retro TOS aliens, like the Gorn, Salt Vampire, Cheron etc. done up to Star Wars quality. I'm a sucker for those old retro designs. Theres a lot of potential here if it's done right, heres hoping they don't make the same mistakes as playmates.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2012, 11:09 PM »
No no no...  Hasbro wouldn't do that.

Whole new set of mistakes.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2012, 02:57 PM »
Oh ****.

I missed this news, I thought it was only Kre-O stuff. They finally caught on that Star Trek figures done on a level of SW quality will open up a wormhole in the wallets of their SW figure fanbase. If they are produced on the same level as SW figures there is no possible way to resist this. (Insert Resistance is Futile joke here)

Playmates made it so easy to pass on their last product outing, you can still find them at Wal-Mart and Big Lots.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 2, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Some photos from the set of the new Star Trek film have started to surface.  This makes Hasbro's acquisition of the ST license seem that much more significant.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback