Author Topic: Celebration V  (Read 13039 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration V
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 01:28 PM »
What's up with the pics of the vintage boxed playsets and such?  Sorry if I've been under a rock.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Notes/stuff shown at the Hasbro Panel (watch live here):

- Clone Wars basic figures shown:
  * Wave 3 = Ki-Adi, Flamethrower Clone, Pilot Goji
  * Wave 4 = Shaak Ti, Baby Fett, R4-P17, Embo, Mando Warrior
  * Wave 5 = Undead Geonosian, Trooper Draa, Cato Parasiti, Commander Jet

- Galactic Battle Mat & Sgt. Bric

- CW DLX Figure/Vehicle Sets:
  * Freeco/Cold Clone, AT-RT/Desert ARF, ASP/TX-20
  * new ones to be shown at Toy Fair

- CW Battle Packs:
  *Mando 4-pack, ARC Trooper BP (both feature unique accessories)

- CW Starfighter Vehicles:
  * AAT (brown), Swamp Speeder, Hyena Bomber, AT-AP (green trim - geonosis)
  * Xanadu Blood (new repaint), Plo Koon starfighter (new repaint)
  * Droid Gunship/HMP (NEW vehicle), Droid Tri-Fighter
  * CW Jedi Turbo Speeder (NEW vehicle)

- CW RC Hailfire Droid

- VINTAGE Collection basic figures: 37 figures this Fall, 27 new, 10 greatest hits
  * Wave 2 - RotS: Anakin card variant = Darth Vader name
  * Wave 3 - RotJ: they really wanted to "WOW" with this Luke, scaled down R2-D2 but he's packed with fun - can rotate dome to hide Luke's lightsaber hilt or his periscope, Wedge delayed to Spring 2011 due to head sculpt issues, Wicket still has two hoods and no Kneesa
  * no mention of Wave 4... yet :(

- Mail-Away Rocket Firing Fett (is actually on-sale NOW at the HTS booth at C-V)

- Movie Vehicles
  * Snowspeeder, Cloud Car
  * the big AT-AT
  * Vintage replica packaging for AT-AT (TRU), Snowspeeder (Target), TIE Fighter (Target)

- FX Lightsabers w/removable blades (demonstrations)

- Galactic Heroes
  * ?/? (I couldn't make it out - darn lag), Bespin Luke/Vader, Senate Commando/Season 3 Droid, and a SECRET TBA 2-pack (Season 3 spoiler!)
  * GH AT-AT

- Role Play (important segment for kids learning about Star Wars): Fett Helmet, Fett Blaster, Grievous lightsaber

- Star Wars Transformers: Clone/Tank, Clone Cruiser, Yoda/Shuttle, etc

- RC Flying Millennium Falcon

- Exclusives:
  * Kul Teska (TRU)
  * Jodo Kast (Kmart)
  * Nikto Pirate (TRU)
  * CW Single Episode DVD 2-packs (Walmart); all repacks
  * GH AT-ST with 3-4 figures (Kohls) [= Sweet!]
  * Legacy of the Dark Side 2-Packs: Grievous, Boba Fett, Anakin/Vader (TRU)
  * Clone Wars DVD Battle Packs - Hidden Enemy and Hostage Crisis (Target)
  * CW Rise of Boba Fett Slave I UBP (TRU) - Slave I and Mace Starfighter
  * [a few hints about how nice this CW Slave I would look in ESB colors :P]
  * Jabba Throne Set (Walmart) - Jabba, Throne, Oola, pillows
  * CW 2-Packs - Helios/Cad Bane, Senate Commando 2-pack (Target)
  * CW Clone Trooper Squad 4-pack (Kmart)
  * CW Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter (Walmart)
  * Geonosis Arena Series 2 (Target) - shown at SDCC, all figures are new somehow - new deco or new parts/heads
  * Vintage Box AT-AT (TRU)
  * Vintage Box Snowspeeder, Vintage Box TIE Fighter (Target) - TIE has the small wings and the new ball/cockpit
  * Mini-Muggs (Target) - shown at SDCC
  * new TIE Bomber (Walmart) - new ejector seat, new missile feature, new bomb feature
  * Deluxe "Attack on/Defense of" Hoth Battle Packs (Target)
  * Vintage Collection Figure 9-pack (Target) - set of 3 vintage style carded 3-packs in one sleeve/pack
  * Comic Packs (EE) - the ones already up for pre-order
  * Celebration V Exclusives - Camie/Fixer, 4-LOM/Zuckuss (HTS,SWS)

- 2011 Preview (most will end up in the booth later today)
  * Vintage Wave 4 AotC - Kit Fisto, Zam Wesell (SA with TWO heads included), Obi-Wan, Peasant Anakin (with poncho), Peaseant Padme (TWO headresses included?), Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Ep2 Senate Guard, SBD
  * Endor Pilot 4-packs (TRU) - 1x Imp Pilot, 2x Rebel Pilots, and an Astromech in each
  * re-issue of the Yavin Tech and Equipment Sled thingy in the DLX assortment (@ TRU)

[END!]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 02:52 PM »
Whew.

A smattering of "new" in the presentation - Vintage AotC Wave, TRU Enor Pilot 4-packs, CW Jedi Turbo Speeder, CW Wave 5, some new GH 2-packs and GH AT-ST, Vintage 9-pack.

Not exactly awe-inspiring amount of new stuff, but at least there were a few surprises in there...  and disappointing that we didn't get the Vintage AotC wave AND a peek at Wave 5 (whatever that ends up being). :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Yeah, that's weird eh?  2010's not completely shown, but 2011 sneak preview! :)

I was hoping to see those as well since I'd like ot know what we're waiting on here...  Those AOTC figures are glorious.  I've wanted Zam forever, and that Anakin and Padme rock.  And Mace appears to be actually poseable at the legs now.  A day long remembered.

I thought the Pilot sets looked amazing too, and I'm real curious who the Impy's are?  Could we get Maarek Steele?  The Imperial ace from TIE Fighter?  They have given us Keyan Farlander now, so why not Steele from the equally popular game?  I'm also curious who the other Rebels are other than Grizz Frix.  "Ace" Azzameen perhaps?

Incredible stuff we did see...  Nice keeping up with it Jeff, as I'm not sure many were able to.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Just taking in all the info here, and seeing some of the slides at JediInsider...everything shown looks good.  The AOTC wave in TVC looks great, and that line in general continues to impress.  Some nice surprises on some of the exclusive stuff, and I think the CW stuff looks pretty nifty too.  I am a little disappointed we didn't get more of a "peek" at 2011, I guess I didn't consider the AOTC wave 2011.  I thought they would have had a little more to show at the big Celebration, but what was shown looks great.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Hasbro has redeemed itself BIG from SDCC - this is indeed a glorious day.

Nobody would have ever predicted that upcoming Target Vintage 9-pack.

As for the basic figure lines, we may have long known what figures were going to be in the waves, but to actually see them is enough to make someone jump in surprise. Just look at that Zam Wesell. *tear of joy*

The only things that are making me huff and puff right now are those insane street dates - the AOTC wave in 2011??!!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 10:05 PM »
Oh wow, the AOTC figures.  I've been waiting for that Padme figure - and expecting never to get it - for a long time.  Amazing looking pieces.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 03:23 AM »
So, C5's Hasbro shindig wrapped up and I must say I'm surprised at the lack of stuff they showed us... 

Adam May's sneak pics of the conceptual designs for Evazan and Secura were among the biggest teases.  The show's teasers for 2011 were cool though, but few.  There just wasn't much beyond what SDCC showed.  I guess this goes to show how too many shows in a year waters things down.  Toy Fair was really the big event for 2010, and these last two shows kind of got the heave-ho.

I question how much of a "big reveal" Slave-I was going to be as well...  It isn't even a mainline item.  I think Hasbro maybe struggled to even sell this since it's winding up an exclusive.  And at the price it's coming in at, I can see why.  You get some stuff in the set for sure, but it's sort of a disappointment to me I guess.

I loved the AOTC wave, and I really love seeing the ROTJ wave again...  They're just that good.

The lack of more 2010 stuff though and a fairly limited 2011 peak is just leaving me wondering what's being hidden.

I love the pilots, and a second chance on getting Yavin Hangar sleds & techs, but I'm left looking around hoping for more stuff.  :-\  I want more stuff!

Maybe leaving them wanting more is their strategy?  They acheived it if that's the goal. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Maybe leaving them wanting more is their strategy?  They acheived it if that's the goal. :)

They've been talking about this year being a downsized year, and I think this is just what it looks like... only 27 new basic figures is half of what everyone is used to.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 11:44 AM »
I question how much of a "big reveal" Slave-I was going to be as well...  It isn't even a mainline item.  I think Hasbro maybe struggled to even sell this since it's winding up an exclusive.  And at the price it's coming in at, I can see why.  You get some stuff in the set for sure, but it's sort of a disappointment to me I guess.

Yeah, I don't know about the "big reveal" of Slave I either.  Sure, a lot of it is that it got leaked awhile back (with really nice pics), but like you said, it isn't even a main line item.  I'm sure they have their reasons, but with the pricepoint being so high ($100), I don't know why they couldn't have just had the new Slave I as an exclusive on its own.  Heck, throw in a couple figures (Fett, Bossk, or whoever) if you need to, but was the whole thing with Mace's ship really necessary?  I'm torn on whether to pick it up or not.  I want the Slave I and the Bossk quite a bit, and another astro droid is always cool, but I could take or leave the rest I guess.  I like the upcoming mainline Fett a bit more, and the rest is basically repacks and a repaint.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Well, I feel somewhat placated at least...this was a lot more of what I was expecting out of SDCC. Got sneak peeks at Cato, Undead Geonosian, and the HMP, plus a few new surprises like the Jedi Turbo Speeder and that Droid Tri-Ship. (Why is no one talking about thing? It is monstrously cool...am I to assume this was already released years ago with some kind of different paint job? It looks all new to my eyes)

I wonder how long it will actually take the Slave 1 to hit here on the East Coast, we seem to be several weeks behind the rest of the country.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Droid Tri-Ship. (Why is no one talking about thing? It is monstrously cool...am I to assume this was already released years ago with some kind of different paint job? It looks all new to my eyes)

Same mold from ROTS - just a new deco.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2010, 01:45 PM »
I know the ROTJ wave is old news to you guys, but I've just been staring at photos, and simply must have some sort of outlet for my awe...

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!!  Those are some gorgeous figures!!!!!!!  How is this even possible?!?!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 02:34 PM »
I think Hasbro did a great job! There were plenty of 2011 sneak peeks - some which even we didn't foresee (Vintage 9-pack, Yavin Sled...etc.), and we usually always know what's about to come up!

I think Hasbro's "big reveal" of the new Slave 1 was pathetic, really. They already had it up on display before the slideshow, and the slide itself showing it didn't have any special commentary or anything.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 03:54 PM »
I have to agree with you on the Slave One reveal. It was quite sad, they just put it out as Sandtroopers destroyed any surprise or intrigue with their in depth photo gallery.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/