Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100433 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Finally the Y-Wing pilot.  Not crazy he's coming as an exclusive, but the new droids and Grizz make this very cool to me.

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 11:08 PM »
I see over at RS, the A-winger looks like a Female pilot.... :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 03:09 AM »

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 03:11 AM »
I'm willing to bet I now know who the B-Winger is with the closer-up image...  There's a blonde, very cropped-hair guy (very blonde) doddling around in the background of Home 1's briefing, standing IIRC.  I believe that's the B-Winger we've gotten up there.  That's pretty cool to me.

I woner if the A-Winger's chest is altered?  That's cool if they did update her upper body to represent a female figure...  Quite cool, though I don't recall a female A-Winger.  There was a Female B-Winger standing around though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 04:00 PM »
I woner if the A-Winger's chest is altered?  That's cool if they did update her upper body to represent a female figure...  Quite cool, though I don't recall a female A-Winger.  There was a Female B-Winger standing around though.

THAT'S A MAN BABY!!!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 08:19 AM »
These are super.  I'll definitely be buying at least 1 of each, possibly more.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 08:32 AM »
I like these, I guess these two sets are almost like next years TFU multi-packs.

I seem to recall a while back that in a Q&A, Hasbro hinted that they were working on a way to get some more Rebel Pilots out - I guess this is what they were working on.

The inclusion of the Clone Pilots is also interesting, if these come out during a similarly "dead" period that TFU packs came out, I may pick up an extra opener of each set so that I can give the Biggs & Hobbie proper TIE Pilot helmets....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 10:24 AM »
I like these, I guess these two sets are almost like next years TFU multi-packs.

I seem to recall a while back that in a Q&A, Hasbro hinted that they were working on a way to get some more Rebel Pilots out - I guess this is what they were working on.

The inclusion of the Clone Pilots is also interesting, if these come out during a similarly "dead" period that TFU packs came out, I may pick up an extra opener of each set so that I can give the Biggs & Hobbie proper TIE Pilot helmets....

Word to that. Those open helmets suck.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 11:09 AM »
These will be $30 at least. TRU lost its sanity on exclusive pricing years ago. (I'm still not sure what happened to all those Commander Ponds?)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 12:08 PM »
These will be $30 at least. TRU lost its sanity on exclusive pricing years ago. (I'm still not sure what happened to all those Commander Ponds?)

$30.00 would be $7.50 per figure.  That's $0.50 less than they cost anywhere else.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 12:16 PM »
With these, I'm guessing Hasbro is hoping sales of Y-wings and A-wings will increase. Oh wait, there are NO y-wings or A-wings at retail...Hm let's see, (hasbro): 'Let's release tons of a character specific JSF, and Snow speeder and then release all new rebel pilots. WHo cares if there's no vehicles to support them. We released those ships LAST year so now they (the collectors) can populate them."
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I'm guessing that it's as simple as this:

Pilots are popular.

Pilots are easy (read:  inexpensive) for Hasbro to make with existing molds and slight adjustments.

Pilots lead to high profit margins.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Love, 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I hope there's some distinguishing deco's between the two TIE pilots.

I thought that the Y-wing pilot's outfit was the same as the A-wing pilot's though?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 01:41 PM »
Love, 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I hope there's some distinguishing deco's between the two TIE pilots.

I thought that the Y-wing pilot's outfit was the same as the A-wing pilot's though?

The TIE Pilots have different deco on their helmets.  You can see those in the packaged pics from the C5 floor.

The Y-Wing Pilots are in the grey flightsuits with the closed helmet.  And I think he has the bat logo on it, too.  This looks like what they were originally going for in that POTF2 Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene version of Arvel Crynyd.  But in that case these got a lot wrong.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 02:58 PM »
These are pretty great, most exciting new thing shown at Celebration V to me. Pilots and astromechs, what could be better. Also good to see that ti's not all orange flight suit pilots, I could use a little more variety in the hanger bay.