Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100435 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 03:49 PM »
I'm actually pretty happy to see these.  Especially Grizz and they grey Y-Wing Pilot. I can always add a TIE Fighter pilot to the mix.  The astromech droids are always welcome. 

I am sure we'll see Battle over the Death Star and Battle on Hoth sets at some point  ;)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 11:06 PM »
Love seeing these guys, a great idea for an exclusive. I so prefer unique new pilots to not come with a vehicle.

Only complaint is the continued use of that Vintage X-Wing Luke body. If only they had perfected a normal-height X-Wing figure before rolling out all these definitve versions of them. I just fear they'll finally do the right size and not make the neck compatible to all the heads already out there. On the other hand, maybe they've made the new smaller astromech mold in an attempt to just downsize everything else, so that eventually the X-Wingers will look normal sized.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 02:54 AM »
I'm hoping Grizz comes with the SA average X-Wing body that Wedge used, and some other figures, over Luke...  I really hate seeing Luke show up.  I'm kind of curious what Wedge's carded figure is going to show up as even at this point.  They've got that solid average height figure around, so they just need to get off the pot and use it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 04:21 PM »
I"m all over these two sets. I'm very happy to be getting actual movie characters than all of the EU stuff we got last year.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Love, 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I hope there's some distinguishing deco's between the two TIE pilots.

The TIE Pilots have different deco on their helmets.  You can see those in the packaged pics from the C5 floor.

Alright, I see the stripe on the top of the one guy's head. Cool. Now what makes the other one different from the previously released EVO/Ace pilot?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17 AM »
Alright, I see the stripe on the top of the one guy's head. Cool. Now what makes the other one different from the previously released EVO/Ace pilot?

Hopefully nothing... in the movies are there lots of variations in TIE uniforms and helmets?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Love, 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I hope there's some distinguishing deco's between the two TIE pilots.

The TIE Pilots have different deco on their helmets.  You can see those in the packaged pics from the C5 floor.

There is a row of 5 dots along the front edge of the ridge that runs down the center of the helmet.

Hopefully nothing... in the movies are there lots of variations in TIE uniforms and helmets?

There were 4-5 distinctive decos in ANH, I'm not sure about ROTJ as we didn't see closeups of the pilots too much.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:46 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 11:26 PM »
I'm hoping Grizz comes with the SA average X-Wing body that Wedge used, and some other figures, over Luke...  I really hate seeing Luke show up.  I'm kind of curious what Wedge's carded figure is going to show up as even at this point.  They've got that solid average height figure around, so they just need to get off the pot and use it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news JJ but both of these figures use the Luke Body. Look at the proportions and lightsaber hole on the belt, it's the real giveaway. I agree and I also prefer the taller body but it is very hard to fit in the X-Wing. Either way these sets look great! You cracked me up with the "I'm Hit!!!" comment earlier.

I always loved the "There's just..too many of them" line then seconds later they exploded. The fact that Hasbro is scrapping the bottom of the barrel obscure nobodies is pure awesome!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 11:39 AM »
I like the set with the gray droid and plan on getting two of them.  Those pilots are different enough to be interesting.  The other set though... probably pass.  I am really burnt out on orange and red Rebel pilot gear.  Just too much of it that past couple years... bring some Rebel Fleet Troopers and other Yavin personell to the mix Hasbro!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 02:17 PM »
I do not blame you for getting bored with X-Wing Pilots, I can only think of three more that I want. Like Astros every new one that come out become less and less interesting. I am very down with both sets regardless of the X-Wing pilot overload.

I wish Hasbro would lay on more Snowspeeder Pilots. We need Wedge, Hobbie even Sev updated in the snowspeeder gear.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 03:47 PM »
I'd like to see 3 more pilots

Pops
Generic Blue Emblemed X-Wing
Wedge Snowspeeder

That's it

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 03:58 PM »
I'd like to see more Rogues done as well, and EU pilots, but they seem to be able to slip them out to retail easily enough. 

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the older pilots redone too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 04:00 PM »
I'd like to see more Rogues done as well, and EU pilots, but they seem to be able to slip them out to retail easily enough. 

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the older pilots redone too.

Darryl agrees with you.  :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 04:14 PM »
I'd love to see a new Porkins... I think it's mostly the Luke X-Wing figure sculpt that I hate.  Plus I also get annoyed when so many of Hasbro's pilots are a different shade orange.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010, 08:31 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news JJ but both of these figures use the Luke Body. Look at the proportions and lightsaber hole on the belt, it's the real giveaway. I agree and I also prefer the taller body but it is very hard to fit in the X-Wing. Either way these sets look great! You cracked me up with the "I'm Hit!!!" comment earlier.

These are prototypes though, so far, so I'm hopeful Hasbro will change them come time for the production figures to be released.  They used the average height body on the WM X-Winger last, so I'm really hopeful these will change between now and release time, like we've seen with some other early images of stuff.