Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100428 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32 PM »
I'd like to see more Rogues done as well, and EU pilots, but they seem to be able to slip them out to retail easily enough.  

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the older pilots redone too.

Darryl agrees with you.  :)

You keeping something from me?  :-X

Yeah, we'd heard Rogues were high on the list in a Q&A at one point I think...  I just hope they don't abandon the older sculpted pilots is all.  Biggs is gargantuan and I think he's actually nearer to Luke's height (ironically), and now we could finally get average height Rebel X/Y-Wing pilots.  I'm game for that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:34 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2010, 12:44 AM »
I'm cool as long as they keep cranking out pilots that had screen time. The EU pilots are cool and all, but that was a bit too much.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2010, 10:19 PM »
I'd like to see more Rogues done as well, and EU pilots, but they seem to be able to slip them out to retail easily enough.  

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the older pilots redone too.

Darryl agrees with you.  :)

You keeping something from me?  :-X

Yeah, we'd heard Rogues were high on the list in a Q&A at one point I think...  I just hope they don't abandon the older sculpted pilots is all.  Biggs is gargantuan and I think he's actually nearer to Luke's height (ironically), and now we could finally get average height Rebel X/Y-Wing pilots.  I'm game for that.

Talking to Derryl at the Yak/SWAN party - sorry Jayson that I talked his ear off when you were trying to catch up with him  :P - I found that he's a big fan of the Rogues and wants to find a way to get more of them out. Hopefully the EE set goes well and they'll have a precedent to do more as there's a desire to make more of the Rogues and comic packs in general.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2010, 11:09 PM »
I heard the same basic thing at Toy Fair too.  Reb Pilots have done well at retail, they're lower tooling costs now due to all the new sculpts, and they're popular among the staff.  I loved what we've gotten though I could do with fewer female pilots at this point.  I mean, there just aren't that many in the movies, and we've gotten a number already...  it's really the only one I'm not huge on at this point, and even then I'm always geeked when we get a new female pilot anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 01:18 PM »
I'd love to see a new Porkins... I think it's mostly the Luke X-Wing figure sculpt that I hate.  Plus I also get annoyed when so many of Hasbro's pilots are a different shade orange.

I am with you 100% I have several post on my blog about this issue even in regards to Imperial officers. I have some tips to help correct this. It truly is the one thing that really bugs me about the line.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36 PM »
It certainly doesn't account for most of the variation in colors, but aren't there scenes in Empire where Luke is wearing a flightsuit with noticably different colored pants and jacket?  Or am I recalling a behind the scenes shot?  I figured it was just them being a rag tag band, etc.  The Imperials did manage to standardize their colors, Hasbro just can't recreate that....
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 03:12 PM »
On Hoth Luke's Jacket and his flight suit are distinctly different.  I think the jacket's darker and suit's lighter (or visa versa, but I think I have that right).  If you compare ROTJ pilots to the ANH ones though, they look slightly different...  I can tolerate the color differences on the Rebels for the most part then.  There's only a couple that are wildly different in shade. 

It's much worse for the Empire though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: September 8, 2010, 04:22 PM »
Some images of pilots from this set surfaced...

Clicky to check it out!

I love the new Y-Winger...  high time we got that guy, and got a Y-Winger in the grey jumpsuit to boot.  It's also neat that we'll have the POTF2 red one and I won't feel too compelled to retire him.  There are some goofy suit/helmet combos visible in the hangar, so the mix/match is fine by me.

This is one of my more anticipated sets this year, especially now that I have the Jabba set.  This one's really on my radar and I can't wait to pick them up.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #53 on: September 8, 2010, 08:12 PM »
The Y-Wing pilot has been one of - and may be my last - Must Have figures.   He looks great and I really look forward to the set.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 9, 2010, 09:20 AM »
I'd like to see comparison pics of the two TIE pilots. But still, great sets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: September 9, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 9, 2010, 12:44 PM »
That Y-wing pilot looks like a Sulu/Chekov mash-up to me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 9, 2010, 03:15 PM »
That Y-wing pilot looks like a Sulu/Chekov mash-up to me.

Sulu and Chekov's love child? Oh my.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2010, 12:15 AM »
Thanks Jeff.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2010, 04:49 PM »
Another new pilot image...

This time, Palso Thern, B-Winger extrordinaire...  He's easily seen standing in the briefing room on Home One while everyone reunites.

Clicky and check him out.