Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100425 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49 PM »
Let me add my pissed-offed-ness to this situation.  It's pure BS in every way.  TRU's become a place I only go to for exclusives out of necessity.  Otherwise they're worthless to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Managed to score Set 1 today by chance at my local TRU. Pretty nice all around - now to find set 2.

After the discussion here a couple weeks ago about the number of astromechs the line has since the POTF2 relaunch, I gathered all unique releases that I have (and I know I'm missing one or two somehow) but as of today I have 84, including Build-A-Droids, excluding Clone Wars :o

And just for trivia sake: R5 Astromechs that use the Early Bird R2 (glued panel) sculpt: 6

TSC R5-D4
TSC R5-J2
TAC R5-F7 (Y-wing Pack-in)
TLC R5-M2 (Hoth Recon Patrol Battle Pack)
TLC R5-K6 (Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack)
SOTDS R5-P9 (Battle Over Endor 1 of 2)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:57 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2011, 12:56 AM »
That's an obscene number of astro-droids.  Pretty cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2011, 12:02 PM »
I'm just glad I found mine at TRU.  I feel for the folks who pre-ordered. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Ok - so here is my update on my efforts...

I checked my gift card and the original $25 was put back on. I guess that does take some time, so at least that became a non-issue there.

After a couple of heated phone conversations with customer service, I basically got most of everything I wanted. I got the rewards bucks amount added to the gift card and I got an additional $25 added to the gift card.

They couldn't help me with a case being shipped to the TRU near where I work, but that was to be expected.

I think I kinda had them over a barrel on this issue because my gift card and my rewards bucks counted as forms of payment, so technically I had already partially paid for the order, so they had to make good on the buy-2-get-1-free sale since I had already surrendered $35 towards the order in good faith.

So if your order was cancelled like mine, your mileage may vary. I think if you had partially paid with other forms of tender then you can definitely push for the additional $25 in credit (making sure that you want it in a form you can use for an in-store purchase) - but if you just pre-ordered and all they got was a pre-auth from your credit card, you'll probably have a lot harder time justifying anything more than something like what JediJman got.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:05 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2011, 07:30 PM »
Sorry to hear about all your troubles guys.  I'm actually glad I missed the window on these to buy online due to all this crap.  Glad I was able to secure my set last week though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Managed to score Set 1 today by chance at my local TRU. Pretty nice all around - now to find set 2.

After the discussion here a couple weeks ago about the number of astromechs the line has since the POTF2 relaunch, I gathered all unique releases that I have (and I know I'm missing one or two somehow) but as of today I have 84, including Build-A-Droids, excluding Clone Wars :o

And just for trivia sake: R5 Astromechs that use the Early Bird R2 (glued panel) sculpt: 6

TSC R5-D4
TSC R5-J2
TAC R5-F7 (Y-wing Pack-in)
TLC R5-M2 (Hoth Recon Patrol Battle Pack)
TLC R5-K6 (Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack)
SOTDS R5-P9 (Battle Over Endor 1 of 2)

I'd love to see you make a list of them all so I could use it as a checklist!

Also, that must include over 20 R2-D2s, doesn't it?  I'm think that they must have only made about 60 or so astrodroid characters so far.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:51 PM by Hobbie »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2011, 10:14 PM »
Here is a pretty complete visual one I found.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2011, 10:19 PM »
I heard back from TRU tonight.  I got a call.  I'm going to have to get all the details as I was out, but I maybe got some headway with them.  I'll post more when I get a chance.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2011, 10:40 PM »
Just wait until TRU bills you weeks after you bought it in store for 'adjustment' purposes (you bought it too cheap, so retroactively, we're charging you for it).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2011, 10:37 AM »
I heard back from TRU tonight.  I got a call.  I'm going to have to get all the details as I was out, but I maybe got some headway with them.  I'll post more when I get a chance.

Please do - I'm anxious to find out what they can do for people (if anything) at this point.

Just wait until TRU bills you weeks after you bought it in store for 'adjustment' purposes (you bought it too cheap, so retroactively, we're charging you for it).

Honestly, this would not shock me at this point.  I had better start double checking my credit card charges at TRU. 

...Oh wait, they've made it impossible for me to buy anything from them because they've closed the store near me and cancel everything I order off the web.  No worries then!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2011, 10:40 AM »

Honestly, this would not shock me at this point.  I had better start double checking my credit card charges at TRU. 

...Oh wait, they've made it impossible for me to buy anything from them because they've closed the store near me and cancel everything I order off the web.  No worries then!

They'll just consider it a charitable donation.  :-*

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18 AM »
This cancellation is total malarkey. They realized they sold a new exclusive product for a BOGO price and renigged on the deal plain and simple. I called and got a real run around. I got them to honor the deal on my account if they come in on the website. I am not holding my breath but it's better than nothing. TRU has turned off a lot of people, since they jacked the price up to $10.99 they lost my business for non exclusive items.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2011, 01:22 PM »
I plan on giving them a jingle when I get home form work.  While I do not have the same issues/ammunition some of you had for your complaints about your personal orders - I have my own.

I just looked in my TRU order history and, out of the last 2 orders I have made to them:

they canceled 3 out of the 3 items I ordered   (these Endor packs)
they canceled 9 out of the 11 items I ordered from them   (MU Ghostrider wave)

I am going to ask them why should I ever even consider ordering from them ever again, and, depending on their answer what are they planning on doing to make me even consider it.

edit:  Thinking back to how they handled that MU pre-order gives me more reason to believe (not that I ever doubted it) that TRU just realized they messed up and were going to be missing out on lots of $$$.  For that MU order I was given an expected shipping date, just as I had been given one for these Endor packs.  When that date came and went for my MU figures TRU sent me an email stating that I could cancel my order myself now since they didn't make the expected date, or I could wait up to an additional 30 days for the product to come in stock.  The fact that they offered me the option one time, and not the other, gives me even more reason to doubt this whole ordeal.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:41 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2011, 03:56 PM »
on the phone now - the guy looked up my order - saw what I ordered and immediately said "oh no, not another one of these."!!!    ::)

I went through and explained my whole belief as to why they were cancelled ($$$) and also shared with him about how my last 2 orders I have made on their site have for the most part been cancelled.  I am now on hold - I suspect he is talking with a supervisor.

he came back with saying that he made a note on my account and said that if it ever came back in stock I could get them to honor their initial cost plus expedited shipping and additional savings.

I then told him that I have no faith in their web site or them intending to honor this agreement by not ever putting them back up for sale - that they are just giving me false hopes on something they never intend to fulfill.

I told them to also consider that, if I do find this in the store, and purchase my items, to be able to reimburse me the difference from my transaction by me providing them with my receipt info.

Kevin, the CS agent on the phone, was very apologetic and understanding and because of my discontent now off of 2 orders from their site escalated my issue and I should be getting a response within 24 hours.