Author Topic: TRU Deluxe Yavin IV Tech and Sled  (Read 35066 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Deluxe Yavin IV Tech and Sled
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 09:12 PM »
At the risk of harping on this... it'd be even smarter if they changed the head sculpt on the tech.

I agree.  Some variety with this kind of Rebel would be most welcome.

I never really got why the Hangar Tech & Transport were so highly sought after.  I understand some of the troop building value, but I also think that having dozens of these rebels and the transports would be somewhat overkill.  Especially considering the extras of Gold Leader and the R5 unit.  But then I heard recently about the outrageous prices that the battle pack has been selling for on the secondary market, and I can understand this re-release.

The funny thing is, I was able to find the original battle pack a good number of times.  I got at least a couple for myself, but I passed on it numerous times as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 02:56 AM »
Smart re-release.

At the risk of harping on this... it'd be even smarter if they changed the head sculpt on the tech.

Actually they could've even redecoed it and probably made some folks happy, or slipped a different head on there too...  I've found a couple different figures work.  Just depends if they're in the same factory then I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 08:46 AM »
I haven't watched the video, but at Hasbro's presentation did they explicitly say that they are only re-releasing the Sled & Tech?  I'm thinking I missed something because i'm the only one reading the presentation slide expansively to say that this will be part of an assortment of OT vehicles...

Poodoo..
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 10:30 AM »
i'm the only one reading the presentation slide expansively to say that this will be part of an assortment of OT vehicles...

During the presentation, this slide was at the end and time was short, so they just mentioned this one set.  But yes, the slide does say "Saga Vehicles with Figure", which could mean anything.

It could mean a new exclusive assortment of new sets from the movies ('Saga' usually means all six movies, not just OT).  Or, it could be like the last time TRU carried an exclusive "Saga Vehicles with Figure" assortment, which ended up being just a repainted STAP and repainted Speeder Bike.

In other words, you may be right that there will be more, but since there is a high likelyhood that the other sets will just be more repaints/repack sets, no one really cares enough to comment on it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Smart re-release.

Was thinking the same thing, but you know how collectors are, some would complain, especially if they didn't get it the first time around.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 02:26 PM »
During the presentation, this slide was at the end and time was short, so they just mentioned this one set.  But yes, the slide does say "Saga Vehicles with Figure", which could mean anything.

It could mean a new exclusive assortment of new sets from the movies ('Saga' usually means all six movies, not just OT).  Or, it could be like the last time TRU carried an exclusive "Saga Vehicles with Figure" assortment, which ended up being just a repainted STAP and repainted Speeder Bike.

In other words, you may be right that there will be more, but since there is a high likelyhood that the other sets will just be more repaints/repack sets, no one really cares enough to comment on it.

Odds are there'll be one other set alongside it, like they did with the speeder bike and STAP. If they are wise, it would be the battle pack's gunship ball turret with a clone. But more likely it'll another speeder bike with the Endor Luke from the battle pack, or that Hoth speeder bike  :P.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 02:35 PM »

I guess i'll just continue to delude myself that they would release the Hoth Hanger Sled   ;D
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 03:56 PM »
I thought they said in the presentation that there was one other OT set that went with this one.  I got the impression it was to go with this set in some capacity.  I know my immediate thought was possibly a Maintenance Energizer...  But I could have completely misheard them and they didn't say anything about another set with this one.  I just coulda sworn I heard something along those lines.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Smart re-release.

Agreed. Maybe instead of the Ryan Stiles head as it is now, we'll get the super thin Drew Carey special headsculpt.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 10:24 PM »
i'm the only one reading the presentation slide expansively to say that this will be part of an assortment of OT vehicles...

This set is definitely part of the TRU exclusive deluxe vehicles that started late last year / early this year with the STAP and Speeder Bike. I personally saw no hints of what the other OT "item" is going to be, but I'm hoping Jesse's right and it's an update to the VME, that wold be so sweet! More than likely though we'll see another speeder bike with either Luke or Leia.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 08:32 AM »
It would be cool if it were the radar laser from the Target Hoth Rebel set with the beardless trooper. It would help Hasbro justify the new tooling, too.

Of course, I doubt it, since that would be sharing part of an exclusive with another store.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Well, if this is going to be TRU's Deluxe exclusive this Fall, the other one should follow form and be a TCW offering, like last year. Something for everyone.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 07:38 PM »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 08:11 PM »
This was slated to come out for a while so it's not really a surprise.  I'm dreading the cost because I'd like some of it.  I don't know that I'm willing to bite on it at the current TRU prices though.  I'll likely pass till a sale or just not get any at all.  I have a few already and I'll live with what I got.  They're charging entirely too much for deluxe these days.  Hell, I think anything over $14.99 is too much for the deluxe line really, and it pains me to buy any of them full price anywhere.  :-\

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 09:30 PM »
With the two I already have, thank God I can skip this.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise