Author Topic: TRU Deluxe Yavin IV Tech and Sled  (Read 35067 times)

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
Re: TRU Deluxe Yavin IV Tech and Sled
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2011, 11:47 PM »
Nice battlefield capture of the laser skiff!  I guess the story on it is that Luke used it to fight off the Wampa base invasion, but Hasbro should definitely look at releasing it in a deluxe set somehow. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2011, 12:04 AM »
Where exactly is the Luke fighting off the Wampas thing documented?  I'd like to check it out!

Everything I'd eve read on that was that R2 uses his whistling to attract them, and they're lured into the safe-room they're kept in and which is marked off, till 3PO rips the "warning" sign off and Snowtroopers wander in while invading the base.  I'd like to hear any expansion on that story that exists and where it's from though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2011, 09:05 AM »
The shot of Luke with the cannon is just a promo shot.  I do wnder how that hover tank never managed to even get in a single shot from the film.  If Hasbro wants smaller, "aggressive" vehicles, this could be super cool. Make the Hoth one with a Rebel soldier, and paint one with camo and put it out with a retooled Rebel Commando..I'd buy both.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:07 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29 AM »
Where exactly is the Luke fighting off the Wampas thing documented?  I'd like to check it out!

Everything I'd eve read on that was that R2 uses his whistling to attract them, and they're lured into the safe-room they're kept in and which is marked off, till 3PO rips the "warning" sign off and Snowtroopers wander in while invading the base.  I'd like to hear any expansion on that story that exists and where it's from though.

Luke: Gunner

T-Bone's Site is full of awesome cut scene info with photos. I love for LFL to produce a book with all this info from all 6 films.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:31 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2011, 11:23 AM »
f Hasbro wants smaller, "aggressive" vehicles, this could be super cool. Make the Hoth one with a Revel soldier, and paint one with camo and put it out with a retooled Rebel Commando..I'd buy both.

Yes - it would be an awesome deluxe vehicle.  They could do three different color schemes, one with a Rebel Fleet Trooper, one with a Hoth Rebel, and one with an Endor Rebel. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27 AM »
^^^ i kinda like the idea - throw it in a QnA   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Where exactly is the Luke fighting off the Wampas thing documented?  I'd like to check it out!

Everything I'd eve read on that was that R2 uses his whistling to attract them, and they're lured into the safe-room they're kept in and which is marked off, till 3PO rips the "warning" sign off and Snowtroopers wander in while invading the base.  I'd like to hear any expansion on that story that exists and where it's from though.

Luke: Gunner

T-Bone's Site is full of awesome cut scene info with photos. I love for LFL to produce a book with all this info from all 6 films.

I've seen T-Bone's site for sure, but I've still never seen anything that documents that scene in a script...  Just the whole sequence of the Rebels fighting them and R2 luring them away.  I still wonder about that Luke scene.  It's weird too, that Luke is in two shots, one with his helmet and one without it...  It's odd.  If it's a shot scene, you'd think there'd be script notes for it somewhere.  ???
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:10 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 09:17 PM »
New mini rigs era, they can update or re-release pdt 8 with a generic pilot.

I think the tech with the Yavin sledge could satisfy people not interesed in the other two repaints or kitbashses; but on the other side, the buyer lose the opportunity of getting a complete battle pack.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26 PM »
cut scenes from that sequence would be enough to get me to buy a blu-ray version of the films-

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 12:22 PM »
tunghori blew through 300 of these loose Techs yesterday...I see he has more up now

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-legacy-REBEL-GROUND-CREW-tlc-/370480126361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5642561999

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 12:30 PM »
I hope that particular factory gets the RFT.  :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 12:44 PM »
I should probably pick a 6 more of this guy. I really do not want anymore carts and this is a cheaper way to army build.
I have 5 already and would not mind have 5 more. I am holding out for him to post other figures to make the order more worthwhile. His shipments always take really long and he has messed up my last 3 orders...

It looks like W6 and the Cart are not too far off.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I've seen T-Bone's site for sure, but I've still never seen anything that documents that scene in a script...  Just the whole sequence of the Rebels fighting them and R2 luring them away.  I still wonder about that Luke scene.  It's weird too, that Luke is in two shots, one with his helmet and one without it...  It's odd.  If it's a shot scene, you'd think there'd be script notes for it somewhere.  ???

The picture of Luke (with the helmet on) manning the gun is in the Making of Empire book.  The text accompanying it says:

Hamill posing with a big gun in another rarely seen publicity photo--actually a laser ice-cutter, which Luke would've used to battle wampas in scenes that were never filmed.

Apparently it was supposed to be what they would have used to cut the hallways and tunnels out of the ice or something.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51 PM »
tunghori blew through 300 of these loose Techs yesterday...I see he has more up now

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-legacy-REBEL-GROUND-CREW-tlc-/370480126361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5642561999

Thanks.  5 rebel techs for Dressel.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #59 on: February 1, 2011, 12:37 AM »
I went for 5 more of these guys and a Skiffmaster. I will now have 10 of this guy so I am pretty content now.

BTW the Hoth Rebel Head fits perfectly on this body so you can quickly customize these guys with some beardo heads and vice versa.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/