Author Topic: Jedi Turbo Speeder  (Read 44843 times)

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: Jedi Turbo Speeder
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2011, 10:05 PM »
its his collection, why question it?

I wasn't questioning it. It was a declarative statement, clearly not interrogatory.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 08:51 AM »

I wasn't questioning it. It was a declarative statement, clearly not interrogatory.

Interrogatory or declarative, it still came off as though you were trying to stir **** up. It's his collection, he enjoys it, and that's all that needs to be understood.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 12:45 PM »

Interrogatory or declarative, it still came off as though you were trying to stir **** up. It's his collection, he enjoys it, and that's all that needs to be understood.

Wow, you're quite the Jedi Master as you can tell tone and intent from just a couple words.
Wait, I'm getting something, could it be by using profanity that you are trying to stir something up? Huh!
I've dropped it. Why don't you?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:46 PM by Captain Piet »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Back on topic - I can't wait to get this thing.  I plan on getting at least one, maybe two.  But for sure I'd like to customize one by repainting it.  I just love when they make all new ships that look like they can double for civilian ships/speeders/etc.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2011, 02:22 PM »
I just hope it hits retail...I've still yet to see Plo Koon's Fighter & the Droid Gunship on store shelves.  Had nothing else to order with it when it was in stock at HTS.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 02:40 PM »
I just hope it hits retail...I've still yet to see Plo Koon's Fighter & the Droid Gunship on store shelves.  Had nothing else to order with it when it was in stock at HTS.

I've only seen Plo's fighter and Cad Bane's ship, and they've been few and far between. No Tri-Fighters or Gunships. I take comfort in knowing the none of the $25 vehicles have really been "rare." I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to get the Turbo Speeder (and Gunship, and Tri-Fighter) before the end of the year.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2011, 02:52 PM »
I could be wrong, but it seems like mid size vehicle sales have slowed a bit.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2011, 03:04 PM »
I could be wrong, but it seems like mid size vehicle sales have slowed a bit.

That does appear to be a case. A couple of stores in my area seem to sit on the same vehicles for awhile, and only appear to stock new ones once a month. There is one Target that seems to stock a new case every week, and the vehicles seem to sell through pretty well. Unfortunately, most of the cases that are stocked are the wave with the AT-AP and Hyena Bomber. Not a bad assortment, but kinda dull since I've had those vehicles since September.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2011, 03:36 PM »
I see the same vehicles around for the most part...  Ahsoka's fighter and the AT-AP repaint largely.  I see CC's at K-Mart though, but not everywhere else.  I haven't seen a Snowspeeder in ages which kinda blows because I probably would've picked up a 3rd or 4th.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2011, 03:58 PM »
I haven't seen a Snowspeeder in ages which kinda blows because I probably would've picked up a 3rd or 4th.

Still plenty o vintage boxed versions at Targets here in MN - same with the Tie.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 04:11 PM »
They disappeared during sales.  I shoulda bit on one of those at that time.  :(  I was tied up with Christmas and building a workshop so I wasn't thinking straight.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 05:46 PM »
I rarely see Snowspeeders, though there has been exactly one Snowspeeder at the Target by my work for at least a month... AT-AP's and Swamp Speeders seem to move well.  It's the AAT's and Hyena Bombers that linger the most. 

Haven't seen Cad Bane's ship yet, when I do I'm sure I'll pick it up.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 10:30 PM »
I rarely see Snowspeeders, though there has been exactly one Snowspeeder at the Target by my work for at least a month... AT-AP's and Swamp Speeders seem to move well.  It's the AAT's and Hyena Bombers that linger the most. 

Haven't seen Cad Bane's ship yet, when I do I'm sure I'll pick it up.

It's funny how different things are in different parts of the country. AT-APs and Hyena Bombers move fairly quickly, while the Swamp Speeders and AATs do the lingering. I rarely see any of the Wave 1 vehicles anymore, despite the large number of blue Clone tanks that were around a few months ago.

I'm still shocked by how well the Jedi Starfighters sell. I'm not sure what the case packs were, but Obi-Wan's is the only one I see around. All of the Anakin starfighters have dried up.

Chewie, if you'd like a Cad Bane starfighter, shoot me a PM. I'm thinking about getting rid of mine.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2011, 02:01 AM »
The Hyena bomber mvoes ok here except one WM has like 5 of them.  It's all they have too.  Very odd.

BTW I see Obi Fighters a bit but you're right, that Anakin Fighter is LONG gone.  I'm surprised we didn't see it repacked.  He must be one of the top selling CW figures.  I'd love to know of the CW line which figures dominate the sales like a top 10 list.  I'm sure Anakin figures are #1.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 02:02 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2011, 07:37 PM »
I see a lot of AATs and Hyenas (which I've yet to pick up). Swamp Speeder is surprisingly plentiful too.
Only seen Plo Koon's fighter in one store and left it several times, but don't regret it, yet.
Got Xanadu Blood and Droid Gunship via HTS and have yet to see them in a store.