Author Topic: Jedi Turbo Speeder  (Read 44850 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Turbo Speeder
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2011, 09:12 AM »
 Am glad this topic was in the new threads when I came on today cause it reminded me of something I saw.

Was looking at the Mecum's Auto Auction site and saw this:

Inspiration for the speeder perhaps.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2011, 11:27 PM »
I see a lot of AATs and Hyenas (which I've yet to pick up). Swamp Speeder is surprisingly plentiful too.
Only seen Plo Koon's fighter in one store and left it several times, but don't regret it, yet.
Got Xanadu Blood and Droid Gunship via HTS and have yet to see them in a store.

Since I live near Piet it's pretty much the same a bit south from him - I saw Plo Koon's JSF once and that's the one I bought to open. I saw the Xanadu Blood once, I opened it, but it was defective so I returned it.

I recently ordered the Xanadu Blood, Droid Tri-fighter Repaint and the Droid Gunship from HTS - was gonna get them as my openers, but they arrived in mint shape, so they're my MIB ones.

So now, I'm just waiting for the next time the Droid Gunship comes in stock so I can order all four vehicles with the intention of opening the Xanadu Blood, Droid Tri-Fighter and Droid Gunship and keeping the Plo Koon JSF MIB. If by some miracle the Jedi Turbo Speeder comes back in stock, I'll pull the trigger then too.

I have no faith in any of these vehicle waves hitting the stores locally to me, there's just too many of the Hyena Bomber wave ships hanging around - the TRU near where I work got in more ships, but it was a case with the V-19, Hyena Bomber, Trade Federation Tank and Obi-Wan's JSF - just what my area needed, more of the same vehicles that already aren't selling.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 02:08 AM »
Man V-19's...  I think I saw the blue boxed one once, and never again.  The original blew out too.  I was shocked considering how many there were.  Once a sale hit, those things moved in the old boxes.  Glad I got with the first sale I ever saw those at.  I love that little ship. :)  Wish I had a hyperspace ring for one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 11:52 AM »
For what it's worth, there is at least one unconfirmed report circulating that this has been spotted at Wal-Mart here in the States. (St Louis)

I am skeptical but it may be worth keeping an eye out for this on the shelves.

I don't know what the heck they are doing with their mid-size vehicles anymore, but their distribution certainly seems to be a mess right now.

They'll probably show up after April, once all the Clone Cash has expired.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 10:02 PM »
I saw some pics of this guy out of the box.  I didn't know that it had concealed gun turrets in the back hatches.  How I get a chance to find one.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 4, 2011, 03:00 PM »
I bought another one of these today after seeing it on the shelves for the first time at Walmart. Haven't decided if I will keep it or not, but maybe.

I would really love to know how they managed to screw the pooch so badly on getting the Tri-Fighter and HMP out. That is really perplexing. I'm glad to have these at all, but I would have preferred swapping out my sub-par packages for mintier boxes.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 4, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I bought another one of these today after seeing it on the shelves for the first time at Walmart. Haven't decided if I will keep it or not, but maybe.

I would really love to know how they managed to screw the pooch so badly on getting the Tri-Fighter and HMP out. That is really perplexing. I'm glad to have these at all, but I would have preferred swapping out my sub-par packages for mintier boxes.

Consider yourself lucky that you live near a WalMart that is getting new vehicles in, all of the ones by me are still clogged with the Hyena Bomber wave and have plenty of the Trade Federation Tank, AT-AP and Swamp Speeder to go along with it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 8, 2011, 05:50 PM »
I saw one today at a Wal-mart, too. It may be the only new Star Wars thing that Wal-Mart has gotten all year.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 8, 2011, 08:30 PM »
I saw one today at a Wal-mart, too. It may be the only new Star Wars thing that Wal-Mart has gotten all year.

I'm no crazy retail hunter like I used to be, but I still visit 2-3 different stores a week and I still don't see any gunships/Plo fighters/or this thing for what it's worth.  Has me worried that nothing else new in this class was shown at TF means the end of the line?  Ya probably not, but ya....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I decided to keep my spare of this thing since I don't expect any new mid-size vehicles until the Fall. I did take it back to Walmart yesterday for a price adjustment though, since I had a $5 Clone Cash coupon to use that expires on 4/1.

No more signs of any other new stuff about.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2011, 09:30 AM »
I managed to grab two at Toys R us Thursday (one for me and one for Pete_Fett). I took the opener. The price point was a little higher, but I'll take it.
Now if we could just get a $15 vehicle sale at Target so I can get the Hyena Bomber and ATT.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2011, 05:16 PM »
The one Piet grabbed for me is gonna be my MIB one - I found one in a beaten up box at a different TRU the same day and I opened it up that night when I got him.

It's really a great vehicle - I pretty much outfitted it just like shown on the box - Obi-Wan and Cody in the cockpit, R4-P17 in the droid socket and two of Cody's troops maning the guns at the back.

I really hope they make this vehicle more easily available, I wouldn't mind scoring one more to open and put Anakin, Ahsoka, R2, Rex and a 501st Trooper in.
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05 AM »
I've now seen this a few times at different WM stores...  I'm kind of surprised since WM wasn't low on mid-size vehicles but I guess they were just due some new ones.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Yeah, I opened my spare over the weekend and put it through some rigorous kid-testing. My girls loved it, especially firing the missiles over and over at my poor Aqua Droid. I don't have any astromechs handy, but that slot makes a nice seat for Yoda.

My only complaint is that the pop-up gun panels come off a bit too easily, but that's a minor issue. It's a cool, fun vehicle and very convenient for displaying loose figs.

Wonder if/when we will see something else in this midsize assortment?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43 AM »
Picked this up at TRU yesterday. Can't believe how long it took. I had almost forgotten about it. Hopefully it means it is hitting again if others are still looking.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within