Author Topic: Jedi Turbo Speeder  (Read 44845 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Jedi Turbo Speeder
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Both of my boys went gaga on this over anything else shown on the slides :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 02:44 AM »
I'm wagering some of those hinges hide "missle" pods or something JACK.  There's stuff not shown there that appears to "flip out" or something.  I'm betting it's a Cloud Car type of deal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 04:12 PM »
I'm definitely getting this. I love that design. I'll stick with the red one only though. No reason to have a different color version if the only one seen in the show was this one.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I'm wagering some of those hinges hide "missle" pods or something JACK.  There's stuff not shown there that appears to "flip out" or something.  I'm betting it's a Cloud Car type of deal.

According to EE it's a hidden gunner platform.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 09:13 AM »
FYI, nice new packaged shot of this bad boy up at Sandtroopers now. Good stuff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 10:58 AM »

According to EE it's a hidden gunner platform.

There's pictures in the Rebelscum forums. It's pretty cool, actually.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Yeah, those loose pics are RS are great.  Was looking at those the other day thinking this is definitely a cool item.  I will get at least two.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 7, 2011, 11:08 AM »
FYI, this is In Stock now at BBTS, but only as part of the larger case assortment. For some reason you can't order the thing by itself.

I will probably have to order this the online route because the previous TCW vehicle wave (Tri-Fighter and HMP) has not even hit retail yet so this is probably at least another month or two out. Dammit.  >:(

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2011, 12:36 PM »
FYI, this is In Stock now at BBTS, but only as part of the larger case assortment. For some reason you can't order the thing by itself.

I will probably have to order this the online route because the previous TCW vehicle wave (Tri-Fighter and HMP) has not even hit retail yet so this is probably at least another month or two out. Dammit.  >:(

For $109 before shipping, they can keep it.
Must be nice to have money. ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 8, 2011, 12:55 PM »
The $20-$25 vehicles are about the last things I would consider ordering online. I have never, ever had an issue finding any of them in stores. Plus many of them, like the JSFs, are carried forward. In addition, case assortments are typically crappy. (i.e. 2 repacked JSFs and two new vehicles) As cool and fun as the Turbo Speeder looks, I can definitely wait to find it in stores.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 8, 2011, 05:01 PM »
I dunno....Online eTailers have had the Gunship & TriFighter for how many months now?  I've still yet to see either out in the wild, but hopefully this ship won't be a problem.  Really looking forward to it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 8, 2011, 09:16 PM »
I agree you'd get raped on buying a case of these things, but you could come out alright picking up 1-2 at a time courtesy of HTS. I got both the Tri-Fighter and HMP for less than what they would have cost at retail.

I'm just tired of waiting for new stuff...if I can get it early and save time and hassles driving around looking for stuff in vain, that's the way to go, IMO.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #27 on: January 9, 2011, 10:35 AM »
I agree you'd get raped on buying a case of these things, but you could come out alright picking up 1-2 at a time courtesy of HTS. I got both the Tri-Fighter and HMP for less than what they would have cost at retail.

I'm just tired of waiting for new stuff...if I can get it early and save time and hassles driving around looking for stuff in vain, that's the way to go, IMO.

But why not just be patient, instead? You said yourself you got a couple new vehicles from HTS cheaper than retail. I, myself, got the Droid Gunship and Xanadu Blood for like $18 each in early December. What you were proposing paying BBTS was pushing $30 a vehicle, taking into account half of the case has been out forever. So, when you think about it, you're paying an even-higher premium for the new vehicles. By paying it, you also support that ridiculous pricing.
Relax, monitor the reports around your area and, when they get close, then search more intensely.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 9, 2011, 10:47 PM »

But why not just be patient, instead? You said yourself you got a couple new vehicles from HTS cheaper than retail. I, myself, got the Droid Gunship and Xanadu Blood for like $18 each in early December. What you were proposing paying BBTS was pushing $30 a vehicle, taking into account half of the case has been out forever. So, when you think about it, you're paying an even-higher premium for the new vehicles. By paying it, you also support that ridiculous pricing.
Relax, monitor the reports around your area and, when they get close, then search more intensely.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm definitely not planning on buying anything off BBTS...my point is more that if it shows up there, it can't be too far off from places like HTS or SWS or whateves, where it actually can be obtained for essentially what you'd pay at retail. I'm definitely NOT advocating paying premium prices out of sheer impatience.

I think there's potential middle ground there that offers good opportunities - you're getting the stuff before it hits retail so you save time and hassle on that end, but you're waiting just long enough for it to hit the more mainstream sites with less overhead and the ability to charge less than the early arrival gouging prices.

This is exactly what I did with the Tri-Fighter and HMP, and I couldn't be happier with the decision.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Excellent. I'll get this for sure. Be prepared for repaints!!!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010