Author Topic: Disney Star Speeder 1000 playset  (Read 84191 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Star Speeder 1000 playset
« Reply #75 on: November 8, 2011, 11:09 AM »
It stands for Annual Pass. They range in price from $200-$500 (depending on black out days) with an extra $100 for parking. That makes it a little expensive for the family to have right now. Typically the new star tours merchanise is only available in the park. Annual Passes also give discounts of 10%-15% depending on pass level and store. That is why I was able to give you a good discount last time.

Please note that it is not an easy thing to buy stuff there. You have to do deal with parking, the tram, security checks and getting into and out of the park. They do make it nice that they will hold you packages during the day. You can buy stuff in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day anywhere in the park. If you don't pick them up within three days, they ship them to you.

Last time I layed out about $600 and had to make three trips. (of course you guys paid really quick except one guy that never did) This time around, I'm guessing I'd have to lay out about $800 and have to figure out how to drag them out of the park and find shipping boxes big enough to fit them. It sounds really expensive to do.

I'd love to do it but I just can't right now. Maybe next year. Besides, this stuff will hang around for years. There is no rush.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 8, 2011, 11:31 AM »
completely makes sense and it is completely understandable Phruby - I did not realize these things were park only items.  That would be a pain to haul for sure. 

I am still very thankful for the Teek set you were able to get for me.   ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 9, 2011, 11:10 AM »
I have a friend that is willing to pick up these ships. He has other orders pending so you guys are at the bottom of his list but he is willing pick them up. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll have him contact you.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2011, 02:25 PM »
There is a video on Attractions Magazine showing the new Star Speeder 1000 playset. That thing is huge! It is shown in the video about 16 minutes in. It will retail for $54.99 and be available at the end of December. They mentioned it will be available at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney in Orlando and inside the Tatooine Traders. That means it will be available at Disneyland's Star Trader and the World of Disney outside the park!!!

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2011/11/25/orlando-attractions-show-51/

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:30 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2011, 10:39 AM »
Looks a lot bigger than I thought it'd be. Nice to see (and hear) it in action, too.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Looks pretty awesome, wish they would have given a better look fo the droid included.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2011, 04:07 PM »
I think it is just a repainted camera droid from ep1. Besides, what is the point of the droid? They mention it in the preshow but don't do anything with it on the ride. The droid's name is IC360

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:09 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Boy I'd love to know the specifics of licensing, and how this all goes about.  Hasbro's worked with Disney before of course, but not on this apparantly, yet it's totally compatible with Hasbro figures, falls under the LFL umbrella...  That's some odd twists and turns in the action figure licensing/lfl licensing world.  Especially since Hasbro's sort of known for being protective.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Boy I'd love to know the specifics of licensing, and how this all goes about.  Hasbro's worked with Disney before of course, but not on this apparantly, yet it's totally compatible with Hasbro figures, falls under the LFL umbrella...  That's some odd twists and turns in the action figure licensing/lfl licensing world.  Especially since Hasbro's sort of known for being protective.

There are times in the business world where Vendor A will resell a product made by Vendor B, and market/sell it as though Vendor A produced/manufactured/etc... the item.

My guess is that Hasbro was involved in some form/fashion, even if it was just to (a) supply the license and be compensated for it; and (b) assist with design/manufacturing.

I have no doubt that when we're able to get our hands on it, somewhere on the box will be the Hasbro logo.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I'm not so sure.  Hasbro was asked about this specifically, and said they had nothing to do with it at the time.  It's been a bit of an enigma from day 1.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2011, 10:59 AM »
I kind of want the repainted droid  ::) I hate pack ins
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2011, 01:23 PM »
I have no doubt that when we're able to get our hands on it, somewhere on the box will be the Hasbro logo.

There was no Hasbro stamp on the lil titanium starspeeders or the box they came in, but ya this is a different situation so I dunno...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Finally watched the video and I'm kinda bummed because it looks like there's no slot for Rex (am I just now discovering there are TWO Captain Rexes in Star Wars?). Oh well.

That included R2 looks kinda statue-esque as well but it looks like any old Astromech will fit.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2011, 08:50 AM »
So yeah Phruby  ;D if you are able to help on this I would really like the Star Tours Droid Set and this Ship!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2011, 11:02 AM »
That is pretty damn awesome!
I think it's better than everything Hasbro put out in 2011 new vehicle wise. I was hoping R2 would be able to come out but it's no big deal as it does not take away from this very badass toy.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/