Author Topic: Vintage Pegwarmers  (Read 13005 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Pegwarmers
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 09:09 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro is trying to pressure Dave Filoni to add a scene to the Clone Wars where Anakin has a dream about the future and sees himself as Darth Vader cutting down Jedi - just so Hasbro can justify making an animated version of Vader and then everytime the Clone Wars line reboots, that animated-style Vader will be in the first wave as one of the repacks.

Whilst I do accept the point,I also have to admit I'd love an animated Vader a la CW series...

Five Vaders were sitting on pegs in a K-Mart I visited tonight and Fett is nowhere to be seen anywhere since the first release of the TVC here in Oz.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11 AM »
Vader is everywhere here too. Boba just the opposite. Sounds like a nationwide trend. In general it seems like sales have slowed a bit...I see plenty of vintage figs on the pegs pretty much everywhere I go now.

And for the record, I would buy an animated Vader.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 09:32 AM »
The least one that I can find so far is Luke Bespin.  Although I can obviously find him it just seems like he is selling good between the 3 main stores I look at.  But sure 4-LOM, Dengar, Cloud Car Pilot, AT-AT Driver, C-3PO all seem to sit the most. 

Kind of early for pegwarming status though.  Maybe after next month we'll know for sure.  AT $8 a pop they should be sitting right?  ::)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Since they've been out now for about three weeks, everywhere I look, Vaders are peg warming. Bespin Luke is hard to find and I've only Seen Boba ONCE! I expect the 3p0's to pegwarm as it sux and Han is a loser as well. But the others seem to move fairly well. I think they look really good and I believe having a CloudCar for the pilots is a GOOD move as is Dak and the Luke's snowspeeder being out. I like bounty hunters but WHY is 4LOM in the Vintage line when he has been available for a couple years vs IG-88 who hasn't been released since the last Vintage line in 07??? Dengar looks great and I'll get him and Zuckess soon.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 10:11 AM »
IG-88 is in the current Saga Legends line.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 01:58 PM »

Oh I know, I picked one up to replace the 'battle damaged' one I had from 07 ;)
I was just musing outloud why 4-LOM was in the Vintage line VS IG-88.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 02:06 PM »

Oh I know, I picked one up to replace the 'battle damaged' one I had from 07 ;)
I was just musing outloud why 4-LOM was in the Vintage line VS IG-88.

At least based on why I wanted to buy the 4-LOM, my guess is since in 2007 we got a Vintage IG88 people would rather get a Bounty Hunter that hadn't been released with a Vintage version (unless I'm forgetting there was a Vintage 4LOM)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 10:45 AM »
I was taking a look at the pegs this week, with things getting cleared out from Christmas shopping, to see what was left.  Aside from TRU, whose higher prices keep a little more on the pegs, it seems to be down to just a few characters locally.  Target is almost empty.  Our closest store had 6 4-LOMs and one Dengar today (they had also had Hoth Han and the ROTS Clonetrooper recently).  Wal-Mart, while stocked full, has basically nothing but the Clonetrooper and Sandtrooper - and lots of 'em.  There's also a couple of Anakins, and maybe a straggler or two from the ESB wave, but that's about it.  Kind of surprising, in a way, that the biggest pegwarmers seem to be the army builders of the first couple waves - the Clonetrooper and Sandtrooper.  Wouldn't have guessed that a few years ago.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 10:50 AM »
I'm not surprised really...they're both great figures, but we've been inundated with both of them the past couple years. Especially the clone trooper. Clones have really gone from hot to tired in just a few years. Stormies, on the other hand, I would buy with a vengeance.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Same here.  Clones and Sandtroopers everywhere.  Dengar and 4-LOM a little.  Anakin.  Otherwise, the line is selling through very well.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 11:42 AM »
Same here.  Clones and Sandtroopers everywhere.  Dengar and 4-LOM a little.  Anakin.  Otherwise, the line is selling through very well.

This matches the Chicago area too. For all of the Vader haters good luck finding him! He is sold out everywhere, I bought the lone one I found for my nephew. $6 Vintage = Many repeat purchases.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 12:41 PM »
ESB onslaught at Target still.  Even Dak, who is shortpacked.

Walmart still has some of the ESB wave, but also a mix of ROTS and a spatter of ROTJ.

Clones everywhere, especially the yellow helmet freaks.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Man, St. Louis must be the mecca of Dak's because even when I've had to leave the state twice this year I've still not seen one anywhere, for a long while now.  :)  I was in Ohio and had to go  to D.C. a day recently and stopped at stores on both roadtrips and saw basically the same things I see here locally...  I'm glad Hasbro's doing more pilots and not judging it by your area CHEWIE.

For me, I see a lot of Wave 1 pegwarmers, but the $6 price has eliminated AT-AT Commanders who were hanging around in abundance till now.  I'm still seeing tons of 4-LOM, Han, and some Vaders hanging around (though I assume he's repacks, and not necessarilly wave 1 remnants).

From Wave 2 I really only see Anakin and Obi-Wan and TONS of the Clone...  I wouldn't have guessed that many of that figure would be around at this point.  I see all the deco variations, the yellowing and non-yellowing...  The ROTS Clone is probably the biggest pegwarmer I see anywhere from any wave of figures.  :-\  My WM near me has probably 20 or 30 of him alone.

From Wave 3 I see Woof, Ackbar and some repacks like Anakin with the card change and stuff.  None of the others from the wave though, ever, which is a bummer.

I see Sandtroopers too, but not to the extent of the ROTS Clone, and the $6 price has moved most of the Sandtroopers as well.  Target's devoid of them, but WM still has some.  I got all the ones at K-Mart I could wrangle though, at the current sale.  WM has a few, but at this point I don't consider it the pegwarmer that the other figures are. 

I'm seeing Boba Fett again, a good bit...  I'm also seeing Grievous, who wasn't around till recently in what I have assumed were repacks with Wave 3 or possibly Wave 2 reshipments (though I've not seen all the other figures like Sidious and the Guard).  I have some a couple Magna Guards pop up, but they go fast at Target and WM.

I'm not seeing much Endor wave shipping at all right now.  What's around just seem to be the pegwarming stragglers, and no new cases going out much at all.

Toys R Us is so screwed up that they're not worth even bothering with.  What they have doesn't jive totally with any other store.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 07:09 PM »
The VERY surprising pegwarmers in my neck of the woods?  The Episode III Clone Trooper and the Sandtrooper.  4-LOM is close to pegwarmer status, but can't hold a candle to the other two.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 07:16 PM »
The VERY surprising pegwarmers in my neck of the woods?  The Episode III Clone Trooper and the Sandtrooper.

Same in my area....It's disgusting actually.  Hopefully more will be cleared out before next weekend.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN