Author Topic: Look at what I just got or have thread  (Read 51055 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Look at what I just got or have thread
« on: September 7, 2010, 10:55 PM »
New thread for everyone to post finds, pictures of finds and pictures of your GI Joe toys.

Last week I won a Brazil Tigor figure and I can't wait to get this figure.  Here's a picture from the eBay auction.  

Today, I won 10 more Target SNAKE Armor sets for $61 shipped on eBay.  Now, I'm up to about 35 of those guys.  For the most part I've sold the Viper Commandos and ended up with free or really cheap SNAKES in the end.  I'll post pics of them once they're set up.

Over the weekend I bought a couple more blue Firebats (Sky Sweeper) on clearance at K-Mart.  Now I'm to 4 of those.  They look very cool set up with other arctic vehicles and figures.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:42 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what I just got or have thread
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Last week I won a Brazil Tigor figure and I can't wait to get this figure.  Here's a picture from the eBay auction.

No clue who that dude is or his dog and that's probably a good thing for me.

Over the weekend I bought a couple more blue Firebats (Sky Sweeper) on clearance at K-Mart.  Now I'm to 4 of those.  They look very cool set up with other arctic vehicles and figures.

Blue Firebats = cool, blue Firebat pilots = uber lame (in my eyes).   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Received Tigor on Saturday and I'll post some pictures of him with my other Brazil and UK/Euro figures later.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:50 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:47 PM »
Here's most of my loose international GI Joe figures; at least the ones I have organized. 

I wish I could say I had the no camo Jammer but I missed out on that one 2 years ago. 

I didn't realize it until I put both Gauchos together but the one on the right with backpack has a darker vest. 

The Gaucho with backpack and red vest and Jammer with green camo were recently MOC but I freed them.

Hunter is my favorite Action Force figure.  Right now Tigor is my favorite Brazil figure.

Click each image for larger image:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:49 AM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Last week I was walking by an office at work, and saw of all things, a Rolling Thunder from the 1980s on a guy's desk... he ended up giving it to me for free!  It's not complete but does have both big missiles and most of the pieces.  I'm going to restore it and give it to my son.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17 PM »
That is one hell of a collection, spiderpumpkin.  :o

I received a vintage Snake Eyes v2 and Bazooka today. It only took me 25 years to get these guys, and they don't disappoint. I wish I could have found this Snake Eyes when I was a kid. I can't stop fiddling around with it, and it makes me want to get a bunch of other Joes off my shelf and have a battle royale. Maybe I'll do that later.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 09:17 AM »
Pulled the trigger on this costume yesterday.  On sale at 80stees.com for $19.99 down from $60.  Plus there was a promo code for 20% off:  YoJoe        code is good through the 22nd

all reviews basically state that if you are going to get one go for the XXL cuz it runs small.  Also, in the event of a potty break - you are going to have to take it off - that does suck but the costume is pretty sweet for such a low price.  Shipping was only like $7 and is only going to take 2 days to get to me   ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:18 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 02:50 PM »
There's a seam up the peter, so I'm sure a little seam-ripping + sewing in a little velcro would give you some relief there. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33 AM »
Yeah that has been talked about - I just require someone with those skills, as I do not   :P

Anyway, I got it yesterday as scheduled.  I am 5'9, 225lbs.  - outfit fits very well so I am happy I listened to the reviews and went with the XXL.  Putting it on wasn't so bad, but taking it off is a bit of a pain.  I was surprised to find that the way into the jump suit are those few gold buttons on the front - that little opening made it pretty difficult for me to take it off since I am pretty broad in the shoulder/chest.  So taking this thing on/off for bathroom breaks is going to be a horrible experience if I can't get some modifying done by someone between now and Saturday evening...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Picked up a Rolling Thunder + box and a Bridge Layer tonight from some dude off CraigsList for $60.  Not bad - no figures or stickers, but complete otherwise...

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 08:01 PM »
So taking this thing on/off for bathroom breaks is going to be a horrible experience if I can't get some modifying done by someone between now and Saturday evening...

Meh...just tape a ziploc baggie to your leg and get yourself one of these

Thank me later.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 05:02 PM »

Old thread. But we'll go with it.

Got these ARAH figures in the last couple of weeks. Lady Jaye, Snake Eyes, and The Fridge came from ebay, and I scored the Tiger Force 5-pack for a great price on Amazon. It's great to have the Fridge. Never did send away for that one back in the day.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 06:35 PM »
sweet score Ben

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #13 on: November 1, 2011, 08:49 PM »
That's a great haul! 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Because the best Christmas gifts are the ones you buy yourself...

Took me forever to find a complete, unbroken vehicle w/ box and a Slaughter w/ baton. This was the only auction I've seen in months that had all the stuff. I'm pretty stoked, I know that.  :)