Author Topic: Look at what I just got or have thread  (Read 51057 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what I just got or have thread
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Sweet!  I've heard Hasbro has "wanted" to do this set after dicking us casual fans that couldn't pick up either of the SDCC Slaughters  after promising us he'd come to life again in some form or fashion.  Anywhooo...Nice Score!  Never had a Tripple T as a kid, but Slaughter was always on hand...as was the Fridge guy. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with it. This was one of my favorite toys as a kid, so I was happy to get a nice minty version of it. I paid a bit much, but I was blown away when it got here. Somebody on Hisstank was telling me the modern Slaughter fits in the TTT, so I'll have to dig mine out and try. (SDCC Slaughter is another thing I overpaid for... must be a leitmotif with this character...)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 01:37 AM »

A little haul from the Club: Jungle Viper, Robot Rebellion CC, Iron Grenadier Undertow (wish I'd have bought more of these), and the Flaming MOTH Pacific Theater set. Chuckles from that set would be pictured with Shipwreck, but his o-ring was broken in the box and I haven't replaced it yet.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 03:11 AM »
I just bought the Jungle Viper on sale also!  I passed on CC and Undertow because I think they were still $12.  So, instead, I bought Heavy Water and Nullifier.  Along with them I finally picked up the 2011 accessory set for the 12" membership figure and the Action Pilot Dress Uniform set.

I thought about that M.O.T.H. set but ultimately passed.  I should have picked up the set of 4 M.O.T.H. sets one of the times they had them all on markdown.

I was all set to finally pick up the 12" talking Astronaut on this sale, after passing on it for years, and they sold out before I bought.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 7, 2012, 02:37 PM »

Went to an out of the way old school comic shop that actually sells old toys and this is what I walked away with for just a few bucks over a bill.  Didn't really want the Dragonfly or the Stun but they offered me 10% off so that was kinda cool.  Man that Whale is huge!  Glad to finally have one of these suckers.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 7, 2012, 05:06 PM »
never had a whale - it would be awesome if Hasbro would reissue one of those.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 8, 2012, 12:18 AM »
never had a whale - it would be awesome if Hasbro would reissue one of those.

Hell yeah.  I'd buy one in a heartbeat for my son, and have some fun with it myself.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 8, 2012, 01:47 AM »
Killer haul! Always loved the STUN. I know it's hard to find one without broken flags.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Looks like my Whale is missing 2 of the rear fins, but otherwise complete.  Just need to do the nail polish/super glue trick to tighten some things up.  Maybe resticker it if I ever find time, but it's in good shape otherwise!  Wasn't there a "night patrol" repaint of it?

Ya Ben - I picked up a Python Patrol Stun at a toy show last year for $5 and it was missing a flag.  Luckily a buddy of mine found it a few hours later at the bottom of a box.  The Stun was just gravy as I was really just after the whale, but I do dig it (had one as a kid!)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 12:37 AM »

Some random dudes from ebay- Sci-Fi, Falcon, and the figure confused grandmothers everywhere bought for their grandsons in 1988-89, Voltar!

And finally, a Zarana. Way overpaid for it, but it's nice to have. Probably will never get a carded one, but after missing the carded Dial-Tone, it's not a big deal.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2012, 03:26 AM »
Good pickup on the Zarana.  I'm still in need of that figure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 06:02 PM »
I finally got my bro a Lifeline...  Only one there so I couldn't get one for myself, but I'll survive if I don't ever see him I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Nice score.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 01:12 PM »
Cool Ben!  I still need to track down a vinty SciFi at some point.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 10:58 AM »
not Joe
But so joe
True action heroes AC -130 gunship