Author Topic: Look at what I just got or have thread  (Read 51059 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Look at what I just got or have thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 12:34 AM »
Don't really have this but I thought I'd post for the Joe guys...

A new Humvee turned up at Target out west in the Forces of Valor line.  About $30 so maybe a little pricey, especially with PTE out there and PTE being arguably superior as far as features go.

Here's a link in the 1:18 military thread to check out an image in there:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=1021.735
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 06:34 PM »
I'm not really into mixing Joe vehicles with other lines, but looks damn cool Jesse!  I almost bought that cheap cargo plane at TRU a few times, but kept passing.

My latest haul....I already own both big pappas, but couldn't resist on another set.  Also haven't seen the HISS 2 since I was a boy so very cool!  The "mouth" closes, but just forgot to do that.  Gosh I haven't even started unloading my SW stuff yet.  Opps

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 10:44 PM »
NICE!

I had the Night Raven as a kid. Easily one of the best pieces in the line. The Phantom is pretty cool as well. A friend of mine had it, and many air battles were fought in the backyard and many pieces of both planes lost in the grass.

Never saw the HISS II, but it looks great. Great haul! Nothing better than vintage Joe stuffs.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 11:09 PM »

Really digging this Techno-Viper. Never had a desire to own one till I got the modern one. And then I grabbed Airtight and Roadblock for the hell of it (read: cheap.)

I also picked up a modern Airtight at Walgreens that's up for grabs. I'm looking for either the Resolute Cobra Trooper or ROC Bench Press, loose or MOC.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37 PM »
Excellent score on the Phantom.  I had that a couple years ago but traded it for some SW stuff.  Kind of wish I had it back...maybe some day.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: March 1, 2012, 01:46 AM »
Phantom was at the point I'd grown out of the line but the Raven...  oh man.  My brother had it, and I was insanely jealous.  I loved it and the pilot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 1, 2012, 09:58 AM »
I never had either of the large jets as a kid - neither did my brother.  I think the the largest one I had was the Condor and some space shuttle with the Raven's mini piggy back ship (white) in its belly - can't remember the name though and it wasn't part of the Defiant.  Good stuff though.  Can't wait to start building some actual shelving so I can start displaying all my stuff.

Techno Viper rocked Ben!  He was one of the last round of Joes I picked up as a kid before I put the line to rest back in the late 80's.  My modern pair of Techs are still sitting at BBTS, but it'll be a long while before i hit the button to ship all my stuff.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Not a huge buyer of GI Joe (or SW lately), but I just got the Crimson HISS tank, and I'm kind of annoyed.  The tank is cool looking and seems like it'd be a fun toy, but Hasbro messed up 3 times with mine.  First the didn't include the "front weapon" piece in the box.  Second there are two backpacks for the driver (should be only one).  But I could kind of deal with those two, the last ruins the toy.  The tank comes in two pieces, a body and a chassis that connects to the treads.  On the top of the chassis is supposed to be a ring that the body attaches to.  Except the ring wasn't in the box either.  So I have a very cool, aggresive looking set of tank treads, and a tank body, that is partially disarmed.  I would've just put it back in the box and taken it back to Walmart, but the connection of the treads to the chassis seems permanent, so it won't fit back in the box.  I sent a note to the customer service folks at Hasbro, hopefully they'll be able to offer some sort of solution, which will probbaly be "Ship it to us and we'll send you an equivalent item".

I've bought a dozen or so Star Wars and GI Joe vehicles in the last year or two, and they've all been complete up to now, so I can't complain too loud, just frustrated today....
I am not the Stig

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 11:46 AM »
Weird...my Crimson HISS had two backpacks, too (including extra mines).  I didn't have the other problems, though.  Those are a bummer.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 12:35 PM »
Two backpacks were included with all of my tanks. I believe they are supposed to plug into holes on either side of the tank to act as "missile defense systems" or something like that... either the filecard or description on the box made mention of them, but I don't think the instructions illustrated how to attach them. Here is a pic of the backpacks attached to the tank:

I think the backpacks look okay on the tank, but I usually have them displayed on my Cobra Shock Trooper figures. I love the mold though so I was happy to get two with each tank. More awesome gear is always a plus.

Keonobi, it definitely sounds like you got a defective toy which is always a bummer. It seems that 99% of the time Hasbro's stuff is complete and in great shape, but those rare instances when you pick a dud suck big time. It's even worse with Joe items since they are so difficult to find and returning/exchanging becomes even more of a hassle. Considering your tank can't even be assembled, I would recommend sending an email to Hasbro asking if they have a replacement ring piece or even the whole chassis. Worst case scenario is they offer you a replacement vehicle if you send yours in.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 04:45 PM »
. Considering your tank can't even be assembled, I would recommend sending an email to Hasbro asking if they have a replacement ring piece or even the whole chassis. Worst case scenario is they offer you a replacement vehicle if you send yours in.

Ahh, I didn't realize that's what the backpacks were for, and I didn't get what to do with the mines at all..  :-[

I actually did send a note to Hasbro, but their response team only works weekdays, which just means I had a day and a half to grump about it.  I'm thinking they'll somehow try to arrange a replacement piece, or offer to replace the whole toy if I send it in.  From what I've seen they tend to be responsive to this type of mistake.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 05:46 PM »
I'd assume the packs are "stowage", and meant to snap onto the tank like basically every tank has on it since WWI. :)  Why hump it yourself when the armor can do it for you and add an extra layer to trigger a round earlier to boot?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 08:18 PM »
I actually did send a note to Hasbro, but their response team only works weekdays, which just means I had a day and a half to grump about it.  I'm thinking they'll somehow try to arrange a replacement piece, or offer to replace the whole toy if I send it in.  From what I've seen they tend to be responsive to this type of mistake.

If they offer you the chance to send the tank in for a replacement, please be aware that you might not get a HISS tank in return. That's why I view it as the worst case scenario. From my experience Hasbro has always had a "same item or similar" type clause when it comes to replacing an item, which usually means same assortment but maybe not the exact same toy. A couple of instances I've had were with a Star Wars vehicle (sent in a Tank Droid, got a Clone Trooper Tank in return) and battle pack (sent in one set, got a different one). I doubt they would send you a 12 inch doll or an older Joe toy as a replacement, but it is likely you might get sent a Black Dragon VTOL or VAMP rather than a Crimson HISS. It is a gamble and you might not be satisfied with the end result.

I'd assume the packs are "stowage", and meant to snap onto the tank like basically every tank has on it since WWI. :)  Why hump it yourself when the armor can do it for you and add an extra layer to trigger a round earlier to boot?

Viewing the packs as stowage is definitely the best way to look at it. The VAMP vehicle also has holes for backpack pegs, though no backpacks were included with the toy. The holes allow for some different display options and interaction with figures so I'm glad Hasbro  worked them into the sculpts.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Cool digs.  Had no clue the backpacks were meant to plug into the vehicle.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 11:33 PM »
After seeing the pics of the Crimson HISS, I had to get one:

Found it at TRU today, so I grabbed it. Then I got another set of MARS Troopers at Gordmans and I found another Zombie Viper at Walgreens.

Sometimes I wish we had the option to get extra vehicle drivers without buying more vehicles. I don't really want another of these tanks, but would love more Crimson Horesmen.  :-\