Author Topic: Look at what I just got or have thread  (Read 51058 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what I just got or have thread
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 12:23 AM »
I think I saw a guy on eBay selling a lot of Horsemen figures.  Not Tung but one of the guys that has similar stock.

I ordered a HISS from TRU.com and got the Crimson version. They pictured the black release, and that was what I was hoping for, but the Crimson version is still pretty cool.  I'm wishing now that I'd picked up the black release back around Christmas when I saw it at TRU.  But they wanted $30 for it and I didn't want to pony up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14 PM »
No luck (yet) on finding anyone selling more Horsemen on ebay. I'm sure they'll be up again.

I never located a black HISS either. I've seen them on ebay for about $30, so they're not impossible to find. Depends if I want three of the same tank, I guess. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Ya I'm still black tankless as well.  Not sure why Target never stocked this vehicle line, so I sure hope WM steps up and actually carries the new movie line in my neighborhood.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21 AM »
Im really looking forward to the Blue Retailiation HISS

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Ya I'm still black tankless as well.  Not sure why Target never stocked this vehicle line, so I sure hope WM steps up and actually carries the new movie line in my neighborhood.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw the VTOL thing and maybe the VAMP at Target...  It's been a little while now, and I never saw many HISS tanks anywhere, but I do recall seeing vehicles at Target at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 08:48 PM »
I never really understood why Target dropped the Bravo vehicles.  After RoC, my store had Alphas and the Mechs, but never carried Bravo.  I know some Walmart stores carried Bravo, mine did for maybe the first wave, but then dropped all Joe vehicles.  I've recently seen some Bravo vehicles at Walmart again, but I don't think they carried the Sky Striker but Target did.

I'm wishing now I'd gone ahead and bought one of the early brown HISS Tanks but I was holding out for black and I only ever saw that once and didn't buy (kicking myself).  I'm happy to have the Crimson version, though, because it looks like they're cutting back on the new movie HISS Tank, dropping the rubber treads and going back to wheels.

One thing that baffles me is that after RoC, stores really dumped GI Joe from their shelves and it's been harder than hell to find stuff or the last 2 years but they don't seem to have the same problems with other lines that don't sell.  Even with the huge amount of unsold product, how long did Target dedicate decent shelf space to Iron Man 2?  How about Walmart, which, while carrying that, completely removed Joe from a lot of its stores?  At least Joe was moving forward with new product, the IM stuff was stagnant for all of 2011 and really never got beyond the first 2, maybe 3 waves back in 2010 before it gridlocked.

It feels like Hasbro gave up on Joe for the last 2 years.  Even though the figures, for the most part, were decent and I'm sure they sold some stock, it's like Hasbro was deflated that RoC wasn't a huge hit and an instant sellout of all toys and they just gave up.  Even though the PoC line has some of the best GI Joe action figures ever, it's like they, as a company, couldn't be bothered to try and sell it to retail.  You could see that the Joe team still had love for the line, but somewhere up the chain of command they just abandoned all hope.

The crappy part is that with the market today, if you look at the Retaliation line, it really is a lesser line than RoC/Poc/30th/Renegades.  Articulation is missing, sculpted in accessories for the Battle Kata figures, most of the vehicles are repaints...  And now, I just got home from Target where they bumped the price of Joe figures to $10.99.

They just pulled the Vintage Collection figures back a $1 to $8.99 and then raised Joe $2?  They're out of their damned mind.  If this is a primer for the Retaliation figures, they can count me out.  There's not enough I like in that new line to get me to pay that kind of money.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 04:00 AM »
I think Hasbro's upper management gave up on GI Joe when Resolute came along. It was something that captured the fan's interest, but certainly wasn't for kids. I really think the upper brass quashed it, which is why most everything from that show was internet exclusive, and then the brass tried to get the kids with ROC, which was whatever.

Somebody somewhere still has this idea that GI Joe is a kid's line, when all evidence is against them. The last couple of years of the line have been incredible, but there's absolutely no marketing to anyone who wasn't born before George W. Bush's  administration. Actually, since 2009, there's been no marketing period.

There's been this issue with GI Joe since the RAHC debuted in 2000. It's almost impossible to market it outside of nostalgia. I think GI Joe lives and dies by American opinion on war, which killed it in the 1970s and keeps it on a lower profile now. Which is my opinion, of course.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 11:58 PM »
Let's try to get this back on track here....

Scored a loose 2009 Stinger. No driver, but otherwise complete. Really digging it, since I  never got that last wave of vehicles, and every time I tried to deal for them, the seller would back out. Stinger down, Arctic HISS and FLAK/CLAW to go...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Nice score Ben!  Ya that last wave was a bitch to track down.  I think I got mine from BBTS and scored some extra niblets from a local at a temp TRU store at the MOA
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 10:40 AM »
picked up two classic HISS from ebay, they showed up this weekend, now i really want sometingers

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2012, 08:45 PM »
....  I sent a note to the customer service folks at Hasbro, hopefully they'll be able to offer some sort of solution, which will probbaly be "Ship it to us and we'll send you an equivalent item".

I've bought a dozen or so Star Wars and GI Joe vehicles in the last year or two, and they've all been complete up to now, so I can't complain too loud, just frustrated today....

I got my replacement in the mail yesterday.  It was the same vehicle I sent in!  Whoo hoo!!  Thank you Hasbro and thanks guys for the stowage tips.  I think I went a little overboard with the stickers though.  It looks a bit like someone who got just one too many tattoos.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: April 2, 2012, 03:23 PM »
That's really good news Keonobi.  And seemingly rare.  Nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 2, 2012, 03:32 PM »
I finally opened my brown HISS over the weekend and honestly the color is not as bad as I thought it was going to be - kinda dig it actually.  Guess I'll need to finally cave on the bay one of these days to round out the POC trio.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: April 2, 2012, 08:18 PM »
I liked the brown color (not that I bought one) because I thought it had a "primer" look to it, and I could totally see Cobra cheaping out on paint. :)

Reminded me of the primer color of German armor rolling out at the end of WW2, some of it never getting a paintjob because it had to be rushed to the front and whoever got it was left to figure out what to do to camo it themselves.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 5, 2012, 12:57 PM »
I sort of use mine as an iron Grenadier version since the color nicely compliments if not matches the MARS officer from the troop builder pack, and it just looks good with a squad of those guys, the heavy gunner thats been shipping in POC and 30th.

Sort of like I really like the new Cobra renegades trooper ( sucurity officer) hanging out near the clssic MAGGOT because teh colors look good together.