Author Topic: Look at what I just got or have thread  (Read 51043 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Look at what I just got or have thread
« Reply #60 on: April 6, 2012, 09:35 AM »
I just picked up a brown version of the POC HISS as well.  Snagged it from Nerd Rage Toys.  Loose, complete and in good shape.  The only problem I have with it is the locking mechanism for holding the body down is really touchy.  If you push on it to roll it across the floor and the body tilts forward even a little it will release and pop up.  Not sure, is that a design flaw in the toy or is the spring on this one just worn out?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 6, 2012, 10:05 AM »
^ Mine is the same way Eric...my Crimson HISS is fine, but the brown one doesn't lock very well...and mine came minty fresh out of the box.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 6, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation.  Probably just a design shortcomming in the latch.  To me it feels like the spring isn't heavy enough to keep it locked down and maybe Hasbro fixed that for later releases.  It's not that big of a deal but I think if I were a kid that was playing with it a lot it might become really annoying.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 6, 2012, 10:27 AM »
I just picked up a brown version of the POC HISS as well.  Snagged it from Nerd Rage Toys.  Loose, complete and in good shape.  The only problem I have with it is the locking mechanism for holding the body down is really touchy.  If you push on it to roll it across the floor and the body tilts forward even a little it will release and pop up.  Not sure, is that a design flaw in the toy or is the spring on this one just worn out?

E...

Mine is the same way
and I sort of only like the thing in the down position

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2012, 02:11 AM »
The latch on my HISS is the same way. It must have been improved for later releases, since my Crimson version doesn't pop as easily as the first POC version.

A couple more vintage Joes from ebay:

Roadblock is in perfect condition, which is great. Hit & Run has a little discoloration on the elbows, but otherwise has tight joints and no elbow cracks, which is getting harder to find on 1988 figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Always nice to plug away at those vintage Joes!  Haven't seen my Roadblock in years, but I'm actually looking forward to picking up the Rock's version..1 only though and not the 50 repaints he'll surely come in.

Got this guy/bike on Scum of all places - um we need more help like that over here please!  Not sure what I think about him/it though...Obviously I'm a fan of both worlds...I dunno - might take some time to grow on me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2012, 02:23 AM »
Yeah, I was trying to find a hookup on that figure and the tank that was shipping with it.  No luck.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2012, 08:25 PM »
I keep stalking the local Gordmans waiting for a restock on those. I should probably give that up and just get in on the bay. Nice pickup!

7-packs from BBTS, and the vintage Raptor and Hydro-Viper from ebay. The postmaster told me this morning I get a lot of stuff the mail. I had to agree with her. :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 11:32 PM »
You have better counter tops then I have...lucky!  I have a mass POL at bbts...hopefully they'll keep my stuff for awhile longer before i'm ready.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Ah, I'm just house-sitting. I couldn't afford to buy this place, mostly because of things like the granite countertops.

Thanks! I also got a couple TFs, which was awesome. I had that POL at BBTS since October, so I figured it was time to have it shipped.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 5, 2012, 05:14 PM »

Nice to be done   8)   Oh and I'll need to clean up the bbq sauce   :-[

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 5, 2012, 07:14 PM »

Nice to be done   8)   Oh and I'll need to clean up the bbq sauce   :-[

You're welcome!  ;D It's cool that SS can still score some blood (BBQ sauce) while carded.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 5, 2012, 10:58 PM »
I bought this last night too...seemed like a good investment. Was the only figure they had on the pegs at Walgreen's.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 6, 2012, 08:51 AM »
I bought this last night too...seemed like a good investment. Was the only figure they had on the pegs at Walgreen's.

There are guys on the board like Arctic Ackbar that are looking for this thing if you want to make a goodwill gesture.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 10:05 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2012, 02:40 PM »
Found my bro a lone Stormshadow hanging out at a local TRU.  :)  Cool figure.  think I'd buy one for myself if they were common.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77