Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2010  (Read 33657 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NFL Regular Season 2010
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 02:04 AM »
But the weather is in the 70's here today (hello winter) so it is a great day for some football watching.

Lines like that never cease to make me laugh.  I'd melt in your state.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Obviously everyone is just ticked off about the lousy calls against the Packers last night.  The 3-0 Bears should be 1-2 right now.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 09:55 AM »
I agree, the Bears seem to have a horseshoe continually shoved up their ass...

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Obviously everyone is just ticked off about the lousy calls against the Packers last night.  The 3-0 Bears should be 1-2 right now.   >:(

Good times.  :)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 11:35 AM »
I agree, the Bears seem to have a horseshoe continually shoved up their ass...

The people in this city seem to already be convinced that the Bears are headed to the Superbowl.  I think they're better than last year, but 3-0 is an illusion and it's not going to last. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 3, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I was hoping for a good game between Philly and Washington. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2010, 12:17 AM »
The Giants looked much better tonight.  Hopefully, they can keep it up!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 4, 2010, 08:02 AM »

Did you think so?  I only checked in on the game occassionally, but seemed like both teams were awful outside of one really nice drive by the Giants that ended with Bradshaw in the endzone. 

I went to the Packer game yesterday and had a blast.  They started out dominant in the first half, but like usual they played to the level of their opponent and were terrrrrrrible in the second half.  Hanson had 4 field goals in about 10 minutes and suddenly it was 28-26.  Glad the Pack held on for a win, but it wasn't a very inspiring one.   :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 4, 2010, 10:14 AM »
The people in this city seem to already be convinced that the Bears are headed to the Superbowl.  I think they're better than last year, but 3-0 is an illusion and it's not going to last. 

The city of Chicago had a rude awakening last night with that game.  Terrible on all fronts.  I'd be surprised if they win another game with how bad their offense looked last night.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: October 4, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I wouldn't say they lose the next 12 but they were exposed a little last night

That said, they legitimatly beat the Cowboys and Pack...they are a boderline playoff team

The problem with the NFC North is that other than the Champion, I don't see a second team making the playoffs...their schedules are brutal in playing the AFC East and NFC East and each other.  I still think the Pack are the favorites for the North

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 4, 2010, 10:48 AM »
The problem with the NFC North is that other than the Champion, I don't see a second team making the playoffs...their schedules are brutal in playing the AFC East and NFC East and each other.  I still think the Pack are the favorites for the North

At this rate, it isn't going to matter who wins.  None of the NFC North teams are looking like they'd make it through a real playoff game, including the Packers.  I had really high hopes for all four teams this year and am shocked at how bad they all are.  Honestly, the Lions are playing as well as the Packers, Vikings, or Bears in the games I've seen - just not finishing teams off at the end. 

Like yesterday, they had four field goals in what, 10 minutes?  If any one of those goes for a TD instead, they win the game.  They should have won the Bears game if not for a goof call - one or two plays different and they could be 2-2 right now. 

The Vikings run game looks good and the defense is okay, though not as good as expected.  If Favre gets going, they will be tough again.  They have some catching up to do now though with just one win.

Personally, I don't think the Bears have looked good in any of their four games.  They have had some good plays, but Cutler is erratic and they really don't have a rushing attack.  And if Cutler is out for any length of time, they are screwed.

The Packers had an impressive first half yesterday on both sides of the ball, but they were terrible in the second half.  They couldn't make any forward progress on offense and the defense was giving up tons of yardage.  To the Lions.  Ugh.  The only saving grace is that they were holding Detroit to FGs.  They will not go anywhere in the playoffs unless they can find a run game somewhere.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: October 4, 2010, 10:53 AM »
AGreed, I had a bit at the end of my post that the Bears, Vikes and Pack are still behind the favorites in the NFC, but erased it because: Its early and there is no clear favorite yet

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 4, 2010, 11:02 AM »

The city of Chicago had a rude awakening last night with that game.  Terrible on all fronts.  I'd be surprised if they win another game with how bad their offense looked last night.

The Bears are lucky they're not 1-3 right now.  They may be 3-1, but they're not contenders.  Looking at their schedule, I think they're about an 8-8 team.  They might get to 6-2, but they start playing tougher games down the stretch.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: October 4, 2010, 02:52 PM »

Did you think so?  I only checked in on the game occassionally, but seemed like both teams were awful outside of one really nice drive by the Giants that ended with Bradshaw in the endzone. 

Granted, Colin didn't let me watch the entire game as intently as I normally do, but the Giants Defense looked solid and the offense did put up some good numbers.  Take away those two fumbles and the giants could've added another 14 points easily.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 4, 2010, 05:47 PM »
And the Chiefs are the last un-defeated team in the League this season?  It is only week 4.  What is the earliest we have had all teams in the league with at least one loss?  The 72 Dolphins will be celebrating early this year.