Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2010  (Read 33649 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2010
« Reply #90 on: November 5, 2010, 09:57 AM »
Justin I completely agree with you on all of that stuff.  I actually enjoy watching Moss play and he's had a mostly stellar career.  He's just a head case is all. 

As for the Vikings.  Yeah.  Dumb.  Not much question in my mind at this moment particularly how they handled the Moss situation.  I'd carry it further to how they handled the draft and Favre earlier in the year too.  I get they wanted Favre back, looking for last year's magic.  That's ok, I guess I was hoping for that too.  But I'm still baffled as to why they didn't get a good rookie QB in the draft?  I don't see TJ as the future of that franchise at QB and I'm pretty sure the Vikings don't either.  Now I understand the mentality for this year was to go for it, win it all with Favre, Peterson, Rice, Harvin but it would seem that won't happen due to injuries and Favre being old.  If Moss' only value was to make room for Harvin, that was a clear win for the team.  But I don't see Moss tolerating that, even to get a ring.  So very frustrating to be a Vikings fan.  :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 5, 2010, 09:58 AM »
Brilliant last two posts
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: November 5, 2010, 11:23 AM »
As a life long Vikings fan, my fandom is probably at its lowest point ever this week.  I have always and continue to always hate Childress.  I cannot and will not support him as a coach.  I was absolutely pissed the year Tomlin left for the Steelers and we were left with Mr Noodle...that said...Moss had to have broken a major team rule to get kicked off the team and I really don't think Childress had any choice but cut him. 

I've heard rumors the best one being that players request to stay in away cities after games (family there, home there, like the town etc) and 100% of the time Chilly says no, you are coming home with the team.  In theory, Moss asked to stay in Boston after the game and Childress said no.  He didn't show up for the plane ride back infuriating the coach and that was it...

How Childress handled it was terrible...but he had to have a major reason

My only bright spot is that the moron loses his job over this and we get a new regime in here.  One not tied to Jackson and can clean house and we start over, because that is where we are at IMO.

I actually thought of giving up on them completely...I am serious of being a low point in fandom.  I could see myself easily becoming a fan of one of the AFC dynasties (Steelers, Colts, Patriots etc...)  Ugh :'(

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 5, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Try being a Bears fan.  At least you have AP.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 8, 2010, 03:19 PM »
And so... rumor has it Wade Phillips is now unemployed. 

The happiest man in D/FW has to be Wade Phillips.

So Jason Garrett gets the keys to the Titanic for the next 8 weeks.

I'd love Gruden or Cowher, but neither seem to be the "Yes man" that is required for the job. I have not been a Jerry Jones hater in the past, but Jerry Jones the GM needs to go. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: November 8, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Cowher's far from a yes man, but he'd clean **** up in Dallas if given the job unobstructed.  People were visibly distraught when he left Pittsburgh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 8, 2010, 04:07 PM »
Cowher's the guy I wanted coaching the Bucs next year - but with Raheem's 5-3 start (with winnable games against Carolina and San Fransisco coming up, I think he'll be sticking around a little longer.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: November 8, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Here in MN, the local sports radio guys are in love with someone new every day - Cowher, Dungy, Parcells, Gruden, Johnson - you name a coach with super bowl success and he's been "rumored" to be 'interested' in the not-quite-vacant-yet Vikings head coaching job in the last two weeks.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 8, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Why do I have a feeling that Brad Childress is coming to Dallas?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 9, 2010, 10:35 AM »
What I've learned this season is the Vikings need to find a rapist or a dog murderer for a QB and then they should be good to go. Sexual harassment just isn't enough. Go Vikes!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 9, 2010, 10:36 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 9, 2010, 10:44 AM »

No way... Jerry wants someone with a pedigree.  Childress has none of that and from what i gather, his players hate him.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 9, 2010, 12:28 PM »

No way... Jerry wants someone with a pedigree.  Childress has none of that and from what i gather, his players hate him.

I was actually hoping for a Vikings loss on the weekend to be honest.  Then maybe they'd have fired Childress. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2010, 09:15 AM »
I was actually hoping for a Vikings loss on the weekend to be honest.  Then maybe they'd have fired Childress. 

How about hoping for that loss this week?  GO PACK GO!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2010, 10:18 AM »
What I've learned this season is the Vikings need to find a rapist or a dog murderer for a QB and then they should be good to go. Sexual harassment just isn't enough. Go Vikes!!!!!!

Doesn't matter. We just let go of a WR who took a cop for a ride on the hood of his car.

As for Vick, he did his time for his crime. Forgive and forget.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2010, 10:39 AM »

Doesn't matter. We just let go of a WR who took a cop for a ride on the hood of his car.

As for Vick, he did his time for his crime. Forgive and forget.

Forget? NEVER. I don't care what he does on the field.

Forgive? I'm trying my hardest. I want to see in his mind and know he is really sorry for what he did and realizes how horrible it was. I know I can't so I'm trying to forgive on faith.