Author Topic: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season  (Read 52723 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season
« Reply #30 on: February 3, 2011, 11:52 AM »
I wish we had an NHL team.  It's nice to go to Minneapolis but it's a bit of a hike to have to go there for all of your major league sports interests. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 3, 2011, 07:16 PM »
How far of a drive is it for you Brent?  I know a lot of guys into Basketball in Pittsburgh who aren't satisfied with Pitt or Duquesne head to see the Cavaliers in Cleveland.  Sort of sacrilege, but if you don't have it...  eh.  I'd stick with Pitt (if I liked Basketball that is).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 3, 2011, 11:28 PM »
How far of a drive is it for you Brent? 

Seven hours plus crossing the border.  Add a little more time if you don't do drive-thru for food in Fargo.  :-\

It's close enough I get down there 2-3 times a year.  It seems to be becoming a tradition to take my daughter to a T'Wolves game each spring break and then I try and make it down for a Vikings + Twins game in the fall, though that hasn't worked out for two years either. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 3, 2011, 11:48 PM »
That's like a trip to Philly now that I have some perspective on it...  That's a hike.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 4, 2011, 01:26 AM »
Now that I'm living in BC, a province that actually has an NHL team (unlike Saskatchewan), I should have seen one here by now.  But we've been in Kelowna for 4 1/2 years and I still haven't been to one!  However, I'm trying to change that with the Bruins visit to Vancouver on Feb 26.  It's a four hour drive through some seriously crazy mountain passes to get there.  And the game's sold out. 

Ticketmaster allows people to resell tickets on their website, and the best deal I can find is $180 each.  :-\  I have to decide how badly I really want to see this game -- I've been a Bruins fan since I was a kid, but when you put a price on it like that, you start to question it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: February 4, 2011, 01:31 AM »
Tell me about it.  Finding tickets for my gf's birthday wound up being only possible through luck or going the resell route which is always a pretty heavy mark-up here.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 4, 2011, 08:29 AM »
I have decided to go to one Stars Away game a season starting next year ( unless I can get a deal this year).  I am going to try to start with "original six" cities but obviously schedule will be a big factor.

If any of you guys are willing to sit next to an enemy fan in your home arena you are invited. My wife might come with me too,she likes trips and Hockey.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 4, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Oh man, I'd be glad to host you.  As you can guess, Wild/Stars games are quite popular.  It's simmered over the years as folks have adjusted to the Wild, but man those first few Stars games were rowdy. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 4, 2011, 02:13 PM »
I have decided to go to one Stars Away game a season starting next year ( unless I can get a deal this year).  I am going to try to start with "original six" cities but obviously schedule will be a big factor.

If any of you guys are willing to sit next to an enemy fan in your home arena you are invited. My wife might come with me too,she likes trips and Hockey.

When we become the newest expansion team you're welcome here.

And good luck getting into a game in Toronto.  Those people are nuts.

Ticketmaster allows people to resell tickets on their website, and the best deal I can find is $180 each.  :-\  I have to decide how badly I really want to see this game -- I've been a Bruins fan since I was a kid, but when you put a price on it like that, you start to question it.

What's that?  A couple of Vader statues?  Suck it up princess and go, you'll be happy you did.  I dropped $400 on first row seats for a T'Wolves game last year for my daughter and I (yeah, I know, bball) and it was so completely worth every penny. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: February 4, 2011, 05:04 PM »
I'm in Paul, but if you don't have it planned out to buy when tickets go on sale in like September or whenever it is, expect to pay a premium to get someone's seats off Ticket Master. 

I'm 100% in though.  Make it a longer stay and we'll hang out and do some other stuff around here too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 4, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Suck it up princess and go, you'll be happy you did.  I dropped $400 on first row seats for a T'Wolves game last year for my daughter and I (yeah, I know, bball) and it was so completely worth every penny. 

OK, you convinced me.  ;)  I found a couple pretty decent tickets on FanXchange.com (it seems like a reliable site) for $300 including the fees, which will put us on the lower level in section 121.  I'm freakin' stoked!

Sounds like a very cool idea Paul!  I'll finally be able to say I saw a Bruins game, but I'll still need to see a Bruins home game.  Meet you in Boston.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 5, 2011, 12:00 AM »

OK, you convinced me.  ;)  I found a couple pretty decent tickets on FanXchange.com (it seems like a reliable site) for $300 including the fees, which will put us on the lower level in section 121.  I'm freakin' stoked!

Good stuff.  I'm sure you'll be glad you did.  The Vancouver - Boston game would be a great one to see this season. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 5, 2011, 01:00 AM »
Yeah, they're both very strong teams this year.  Now that I've bought the tickets I'm getting more excited by the hour, so 22 days is going to be a long time to wait.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 5, 2011, 09:04 AM »

Sounds like a very cool idea Paul!  I'll finally be able to say I saw a Bruins game, but I'll still need to see a Bruins home game.  Meet you in Boston.  ;D

After Thursday Night's game, that may be the one game I don't wear my Stars Sweater to.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 9, 2011, 10:35 PM »
What a crazy game in Boston tonight - 14 goals scored and there had to be a hundred minutes of penalties.  The craziest point was seeing 6 Bruins and 5 Canadiens in the box after the big scrum in the 2nd.

It was great to see the B's finally beat Montreal this season.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 10:36 PM by JesseVader08 »