Author Topic: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season  (Read 52678 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season
« Reply #120 on: May 2, 2011, 12:05 AM »
Can't beat that Rob.

Good win too...  They looked good against Washington.  I was surprised they played such a good D against them, however that series keeps having these moments where it opens up and goes ape**** offensively both ways.  Fun one to watch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 2, 2011, 12:08 AM »
Yep.  They've got to keep the pressure on this Tuesday.  I could see them losing one or two at home after such a great streak on the road.

Anyone know the playoff record for penalty kills?  This 45 our of 46 business is incredible.  Maybe they should just play with 4 guys from now on.

When Ovechkin scored I figured the wheels were about to fall off and the direction of the whole series was about to turn... then one good play in OT...
« Last Edit: May 2, 2011, 12:08 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: May 2, 2011, 12:12 AM »
If it holds against Washington, it's incredible.  :) 

Against us...  eh, I wouldn't get too jazzed on it is all I'm saying, haha.  ;D  Ours was dismal WITH Crosby and Malkin.  Locals were making jokes about a new rule where we can decline penalties because our PP seemed to slow our game down even more.  It was pathetic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 2, 2011, 12:17 AM »
If it holds against Washington, it's incredible.  :) 

Against us...  eh, I wouldn't get too jazzed on it is all I'm saying, haha.

11 for 11 so far against Washington's. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: May 2, 2011, 12:22 AM »
That's pretty good (11 in 2 games?  That seems like a lot!  Must be getting ugly).

Hopefully Ovechkin doesn't start clicking...  Once he does, their PP is frightening.  Shots flying from all angles, and the deflections the Cap forwards manage are really almost art to watch...  Tampa's done a really good job at collapsing down to their net on the PK though, and in the game overall.  that's part of what killed the Penguin's chances.  They'd get chances, but rebounds were swept aside by the 4 or 5 guys standing in front of Roloson before you could even get down to pounce on them.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 2, 2011, 12:39 AM »
yeah... there were 6 or 7 tonight.  The Lightning committed some bad penalties (and at least one very good one).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 2, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Not feeling real confident in my round two picks right now. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 3, 2011, 09:33 PM »
3-0  :o

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 3, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Frigging Caps are choking again...unbelievable. Why do all DC teams break your heart or just suck outright?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: May 3, 2011, 10:48 PM »
The caps were tops in the East...  They look dismal now at times.  They've got healthy players, they've got depth, they've got it all.  Looks like someone's going to be looking for a coaching job real soon.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 4, 2011, 06:55 AM »
At this point I have to wonder how the Caps would fare during the regular season if their schedule was more like baseball.  Meaning that they play a three games series with the same team.  For yet another year where the Caps can be the top seed and just stink in a playoff series, I just wonder if they could win consistently during the regular season if they played the same team in small series.  It just seems the opposing team can figure them out, but they can't figure out the opposing team for the long haul.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 4, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Not feeling real confident in my round two picks right now. 

I wonder how many sane people said Lightning in 4...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 4, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Jeez, I'm completely in line with the 'experts' and it looks like we may all be wrong on three of the four series'.   :o

I felt comfortable with the Vancouver pick.  I'm still leaning towards the Wings but I confess to really having doubts about picking the Flyers.  I thought the Caps could come through but it looks like Roloson is going to shut them down (along with the rest of the team).  Didn't thing Tampa had it in them.  My bad.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: May 4, 2011, 11:14 PM »
I wonder how many sane people said Lightning in 4...

Long live the Trap!

Er, I mean...  hooray for Tampa's innovative 1-3-1 play.  :-X

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: May 5, 2011, 03:55 AM »
Yeah, the local announcers were stumbling over calling it "the 1-3-1"...  I even heard Errey chuckle a few times at its name, break down, and say, "it's basiaclly just the trap"...  It's funny.

BTW Rob, I'd avoid using ESPN for anything that involves the words "experts", and "hockey" together.  :D  Somehow I'm not shocked at all that they could be that far off...  Brent I am though, and he should feel shame (go to box!), but ESPN I completely believe they aren't getting anything right.

Matt Barnaby's on their hockey coverage?  Kee-rist.

I'm really pleased that at least some of my picks are going right for the 2nd round, but I really thought Tampa wouldn't have won their series with the Crapitals, and convincingly.  I don't think the Pens would've beat Washington if they'd advanced either, but Tampa really shocked me...  I just wonder if Roloson is going to fold at some point.  At his age that's pretty hellacious.  Nobody will appreciate the break more than him, but on the roll that they were on, the Lightning overall may not dig the down time between series.

Congrats though Rob, very cool.